• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strong Dyno Results for NA1 w/Anytime Race Exhaust and AIS

I did my first dyno run tonight. I was very impressed by the results. The only mods are the Cantrell AIS and the Anytime Race Exhaust. The car has a stock airbox with a stock filter.

The result was 260.8 rwhp and 201.8 rwtq.

113_1314.jpg

The car has stock headers. :eek:

A 92 with DC headers, Dali Hot Chip and Anytime street exhaust put down 255/197 on the same dyno. That car with a stock ECU and 6lb CTSC is putting down 316/227 on the same dyno. The dyno is a dynojet.

Has anyone seen better numbers for a car with exhaust and intake only?

Assuming 13% drivetrain loss, we get 300 hp and 232 ft/lbs at the crank.

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive #'s, congrats on a "strong" NA1 motor :cool:.

I had mine done last month and I showed 264 and 198 TQ with Comptech Headers and JGTC Exhaust on a "Dynojet".

Our "Northwest" group will have our "Dyno Day" this saturday <a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49922">see here</a>, hope some of us can achieve similar results. :smile:

Another member has indicated that his review of the dyno day book shows that my numbers are better than anything with similar mods.

To be fair, my car had a top end rebuild in 2003 and felt stronger after the rebuild. I would estimate the rebuild may have provided 10-15 rwhp as I had expected 245-250 rwhp in its current form.

brahtw8 said:
I did my first dyno run tonight. I was very impressed by the results. The only mods are the Cantrell AIS and the Anytime Race Exhaust. The car has a stock airbox with a stock filter.

congratulations, that is really impressive # for 92.

I also have 92 with stock header. Similar set up as yours except I will be installing different exhaust.

My NSX will be on dyno next week, I don't think I will come close to your #s, but if I do, I will be super happy.

I went to a dyno day with the same car when it was owned by the previous owner in 2001 or 2. Both of our cars dynoed at 230hp to the wheel on dynojet I believe. I wonder what kind of head work you received? Maybe it was shaved and the compression went up a little?

-ak

ak said:
I went to a dyno day with the same car when it was owned by the previous owner in 2001 or 2. Both of our cars dynoed at 230hp to the wheel on dynojet I believe. I wonder what kind of head work you received? Maybe it was shaved and the compression went up a little?

-ak

My recollection of Kenric's dyno was 233.x at the wheels, but ICBW.

As for the specifics, I don't recall but that is definitely possible. I'll look into it and see if I can come up with a better answer.

How is Kenric these days? Did he ever get another NSX or F355 or . . .?

We had our Dyno day last Saturday, an NA1 (92 w 15K) Dynoed @ 252 RWHP w/just an ARC Exhaust nothing else :cool:.

All the NA1's with I/H/E showed 261-268 RWHP on the Dynojet. Ebenezer would call it "high #'s for such cheap mods" :biggrin:

nsxsupra said:
brahtw8 said:

congratulations, that is really impressive # for 92.

I also have 92 with stock header. Similar set up as yours except I will be installing different exhaust.

My NSX will be on dyno next week, I don't think I will come close to your #s, but if I do, I will be super happy.

What type of exhaust will you install? I had mine up on the lift at a shop today, very impressive undercarraige. I wanted Flow Masters but the shop guy said that I should go with Bora, that FM sound crappy. Can you advise?

New here and loving it! I have a Black 93.

What type of exhaust will you install? I had mine up on the lift at a shop today, very impressive undercarraige. I wanted Flow Masters but the shop guy said that I should go with Bora, that FM sound crappy. Can you advise?

New here and loving it! I have a Black 93.

hehe get the Anytime Borla!! i dont think they sell them anymore though
if you get a chance to run a search, there are a few threads here that have comparisons AND the most important thing, sound clips :biggrin:

i'm pretty happy with the Anytime Borla, its loud when it needs to be at WOT
but not super resonated loud at low RPM, its kind of a porker though, as it weighs closer to 35 lbs i think.

i'm sure someone on here can probably tell you where you could procure one though, thats just my 2 cents (i'm a biased Anytime User :biggrin:)

I for one am bummed that the anytime exhaust is no longer available for sale.

Here's another data point. On a Dynojet, 91 NSX stock with B&B headers and muffler, 91,000 miles. 256 HP, 195 ft-lb torque. This was in Dec 2000. The car now has 115,000 miles. To the best of my knowledge the engine has never been touched, with the exception of the usual maintenance items like timing belt, etc.

John Crawford

brahtw8 said:
My recollection of Kenric's dyno was 233.x at the wheels, but ICBW.

As for the specifics, I don't recall but that is definitely possible. I'll look into it and see if I can come up with a better answer.

How is Kenric these days? Did he ever get another NSX or F355 or . . .?

It's been a LOOONNGG time since I've logged on. I live in Scottsdale, AZ now and recently began looking for another NSX. In the end, the low maintenance of the NSX made me decide to get another one when compared with the 355. Plus, I already know alot about the NSX, so I won't have learn everything about another car such as performance, research, snap-ring, maintenance, etc..

Looks like you've been taking care of mine really well. Uhmmmm, can I have it back now? :biggrin:

I saw the dyno chart and that's pretty impressive. I think you're correct that when I dyno'ed it, it was around 233. I thought I gave you the dyno charts from 2001 when you bought the car? I didn't see them in my files.

Kenric

Back