• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stupid Roads in Orlando - South Street near I-4

In case anyone cares. I was driving on South street in Orlando yesterday evening heading towards the I-4 on ramp, I have been over that train track many times before, and while it was rough it was OK on the NSX, well apparantly they have changed it and now there is a pretty hard drop, I bottom pretty hard. I did a quick check and paid more attention to my bottom lip and it seemed OK.

Well this morning I noticed my tow hook cover is missing...I felt like my car was partially naked without it, like she had been undressed against her will. Anyway now I am missing my tow hook cover and am pissed...I went looking for it today at lunch and can't find it...not that I had high hopes but it was worth a shot I suppose. No luck so she is still showing a little too much skin:mad:

Anyway be forewarned that I wouldn't recommend taking your NSX down South street near I-4 or if you do go very very slowly over the train track.

I'm on my 4th or 5th tow hook cover in 3 years. This time I used some reflective red 3M tape to hold the damn thing on. Lots of high speed, low flying projectiles on I-95! :)

I feel your pain, I live in downtown and the roads SUCK! Not to mention, my car has about a 1-1 1/2 inch clearance. As for the tow hook cover, get it molded into your bumper. After losing about ten of these buggers, I decided to do this.

Regards,
Danny

Carl,

Looks like you solved Jen's problem of what 2 get you 4 your birthday. That a lot cheaper than what she was asking me about. (Female Stripper) Lol, Kidding. Hope to see you Sat night.

Oster

:eek: You Orange County pilots (I'm certain) have no idea what bad roads are... Come on up and get a grip on Michigan bounce. :biggrin:

FLA NSX FIXER said:
Carl,

Looks like you solved Jen's problem of what 2 get you 4 your birthday. That a lot cheaper than what she was asking me about. (Female Stripper) Lol, Kidding. Hope to see you Sat night.

Oster

Hey Oster,

Thats funny..be even funnier if you weren't kidding.:eek: She told me she stopped by to talk to you guys, man is she a good woman, looking to get me stuff for my car:biggrin: Hopefully I will see you sat, (I know the downtown thing isn't your cup of tea, so I won't be offended if you don't). If you do, your first drink is on me:smile:

A good woman is one that will buy you things for your car and a stripper!:biggrin: Let me know what time the stripper's coming over.:wink: The fishing line, heavy test, has saved mine several times and can still be removed if needed. Maybe see you tomorrow at the Winter Park show. Planning to go out around 12 or 1pm.

alum04org said:
:eek: You Orange County pilots (I'm certain) have no idea what bad roads are... Come on up and get a grip on Michigan bounce. :biggrin:

Funny that you say pilots...I was thinking about getting a personalized plate that said FLYNLOW. For the most part Florida roads are pretty good but man downtown shakes up your car.

Feetfixer,

Hopefully will catch up with you tomorrow.

Back