• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sun Morning Feb 23 Camarillo Area Twisty Drive

Weather permitting, I plan on taking the scenic and longer twisty mountain roads home from Camarillo on Sunday morning, Feb 23. I’ve been on a lot of the roads I’m proposing; 33 north to FR-95, east through Frasier Park, east through Lake Hughes, southeast to Angeles Forest to Angeles Crest Hwy east through Wrightwood to the I-15, south to Ortega hwy and back to the I-5.

Not everyone will want to drive as long or as far, but depending upon where you live there are quite a few places to hop on and off this route according to your preferences and how the day is going and length of drive desired. It should make for some nice Sunday driving.

I’d like to start driving early after breakfast (suggestions?) and no later than 9am from a meeting spot (to be determined).

Don’t forget to bring your club radio! Radio Shack still has some of the 5 watt radios (part number 190-1208) around in stores for $69!

Also… For the drive to Camarillo Saturday, Feb 22, to the autox event, Paul’s got a thread going here for meeting no later than 6:30am in the Irvine area.

Please post suggestions in the Camarillo area for a breakfast/meeting spot and/or revised routes!

UPDATE 02-21-03: Looks like saturday afternoon will be the planned return home trip instead of sunday.

[This message has been edited by tbNSX (edited 21 February 2003).]

Anyone?

Route update:

Looks like many of these roads (through the mountains) are closed for winter.

So, perhaps the canyon roads around Malibu or the roads around castaic lake and lake hughes road might be some nice alternatives. Open to any suggestions.

Back