• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sunday Group Drive, Sep 21

Dear NSXers,

A few DFW NSX owners will go for a nice Sunday morning drive on Sep 21, 2003. Please join us if you have time.

Date/Time: September 21, 2003 / 9:30 AM

We'll meet at the Starbucks on 15th just west of US 75 in Plano (located
next to the Barnes & Noble). Arrival time is from 9:00 am to 9:30 am. We'll leave Starbucks at 9:30 am sharp.

Starbucks Coffee Co
801 W 15th St # 500, Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (972) 422-5003

The total trip will be about 3 to 3.5 hours. About half way of the trip, we will have a pitstop at a gas station. The final destination will be a restaurant for lunch.

Please make sure your car is in good working condition and that you arrive with a full tank of gas! Looking forward to see you there:)

Last edited:
We will take the same route as the country drive we did at NSteXpo. If you are tired of straight hwy driving, you will like this one.

I also sent an invitation to local Honda S2000 club. NSX + S2000 = Fun

For planning purpose, please let me know you plan to go.

Thanks

Richard

We had total of ten cars showed up. 6 NSXs, 3 S2000s and 1 sweet WRX.

Other than the coyote & squirrel surprises:rolleyes: , we had a safe and fun trip. I really appreciate everyone's participation to make this event possible.

Come on, we are late for Church!

On the positive side, thanks to the truck so I was able to take a few cruising photos.

Attachments

• dscn3218.jpg
    dscn3218.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Somehow, the three hours and half trip turned out to be two hours and half. I am still puzzling how it happened;)

Restaurant parking lot

Attachments

• dscn3223.jpg
    dscn3223.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 469
The black NSX at front was the lead car. The red S2K has some secret weapon underneath the hood.

I choose not to post the group photo for drivers / passengers. If you need a copy, shoot me an email. Hopefully we will have chance to do it again this year.

Attachments

• dscn3225.jpg
    dscn3225.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Richard,

Thanks for the invitation to participate in the group drive today. Debbie and I had a very nice time. It was a good group of people, the weather was good, the cars were awesome, and even the lunch at the end of the drive was super! Keep us posted on when the next one is scheduled to run.

Steve (aka "GoodFinder") :)

Same here Richard, thanks again for organizing this fun drive. I had a wonderful time. As stated on the S2000 forum, please let us know when you guys go out again - I will be back for sure!

Richard,

Thanks for setting the drive up. I had a great time and I look forward to the next one.

Hopefully next time we will not have any scares that involve squirrels, birds, and coyotes! :D

Thanks for inviting us S2k guys along for the ride, we tried to keep up! This is Michael with the Yellow S, had a great time and almost murdered a squirrel. Had a bird almost knock me upside my head...all in all a great time! Feel free to invite us to any future gatherings!

Thanks Richard for the "sunday drive with a twist". This was the first one of these things I've attended. My fear has always been that 4 or 5 snobs would show up and during the sunday cruise never exceed the posted speeds. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not Jimmy Spencer, but I bought this car for speed and agility. I was pleasantly suprised that the people were nice. The speeds... I'll just say at the end of the day, my car had a smile on its face. Looking forward to the next drive.

I am glad all of you enjoyed the drive. Sounds like we should do it again soon. We probably should consider Saturday morning next time. Not everyone can be available on Sunday morning. (Church, hangover....)

The fellow NSXer in the lead car did a great job to make the drive safe (1st) and fun (2nd).

By the way, I've met a lot of nice NSX owners since I bought mine. They have been very helpful and given me a lot of good advices.

"my car had a smile on its face" That's a good one. I need to tell my wife that. I really really don't want to wake up early in the morning and drive for a few hours. you know, my car has a life as well:)

Back