• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Super Car Meet 2004

Ok here is the info for this year :)

August 28th. Mark your calender's!
More details will be provided in the coming weeks. Pass the word.
Eligibility:
Ferrari, Viper, Lotus, MKIII MKIV Supra, 3000gt/Stealth, 3rd gen Rx7, Rx8, Pantera, Skyline, Porsche, Flag Ship models ex: BMW M5 M3 new 6series 850, Infinity G35, Nissan 300zx TT, 350z, Corvette 1990 up, Honda S2000, Acura Nsx, E's S4, etc etc
If your car is not on the list, please pm me for eligibility with photos.

The day will be a beginning car meet, drive on some twisty ass roads in the hills and back down for a major car show. Hopefully weather will be on our side this year! Food like last year will be upto participants to supply, along with drinks. Its the participants responsibility to drive safe. We are not condoning speeding but we are condoning being a dumbass.

I have decided we will take the same route as we did last year. Meet up at 120th ave. Drive from I-70 to c470 and get off on hw285 upto pine. The from pine down too Decker's, then too woodland park and down to the springs. This offered beautiful scenery, some 2 lane same way action, twisties and break places. I looked at many other routes and either they are too damn long or to damn short with no variety
Sound Good?

deedub -

The car show Pete is talking about is more of a major gathering of cars. It happens on most saturday nights in Colorado Springs and no registration is required, it's just a fun event where you can check out just about any and all kinds of cool automobiles - street rods, classics, imports, exotics, etc. Unfortunately I will be living in Florida by the time the event comes around and will not make it. I had a lot of fun last year despite the rain we encountered.

b.gill - this event starts out in north Denver, CO...I'm guessing since your profile says you live in SoCal, it'll be a tough drive for you to make.

Andy
00 360 Modena silver/navy

andymo1972 said:
deedub -

The car show Pete is talking about is more of a major gathering of cars. It happens on most saturday nights in Colorado Springs and no registration is required, it's just a fun event where you can check out just about any and all kinds of cool automobiles - street rods, classics, imports, exotics, etc. Unfortunately I will be living in Florida by the time the event comes around and will not make it. I had a lot of fun last year despite the rain we encountered.

b.gill - this event starts out in north Denver, CO...I'm guessing since your profile says you live in SoCal, it'll be a tough drive for you to make.

Andy

Thanks for the reply. Where at in colo springs is this?

Andy; Where you at GW 2 weekends ago? I saw a silver modena drive up and park but i had to leave. I was in the blue supra(same as last year) left with a couple other red supra's at that time. :(

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!

Meet at I-25 & 120th at the park&ride 11:30am
Please bring two ways if you have them, channel will be given out that day. Bring food and water. Pit stop in deckers will have restrooms and a place to get food and drinks!
A bonus feature is in the works for the driving section, still getting confirmation if its a good small route!

Count me in...and I'll get as many NSX's as I can...It was great last year...Mike

Steve... How about meeting at the Starbucks near Cool River on Bellevue at 10:30...anyone else driving up from the south?...meet there...leaving at 10:45...Mike

Brian...you have got to make this one...

Hipresr said:
Andy; Where you at GW 2 weekends ago? I saw a silver modena drive up and park but i had to leave. I was in the blue supra(same as last year) left with a couple other red supra's at that time. :(

I'm guessing that was me but I honestly don't remember, things have been a blur since about the middle of july with getting things ready for my move down here to FL. Plus I went on a drive with 2 other Modena owners...that was a total blast.

Is your "good small route" the road I told you about? You guys will LOVE it!! Wish I could go on the drive but I've got the weekend booked at PPIR (my last CO track event). If we get done early enough, I may try and meet up at GW if you're still there.

Andy

That sounds good to me. Do you have the address of the Starbucks?

The 2 way radios are FRS radios aren't they?

Steve

mmmikemo said:
Count me in...and I'll get as many NSX's as I can...It was great last year...Mike

Steve... How about meeting at the Starbucks near Cool River on Bellevue at 10:30...anyone else driving up from the south?...meet there...leaving at 10:45...Mike

Brian...you have got to make this one...

I'd love to come, but I'm a little confused on where the meeting place is. I'm guessing the 120th street is way north in Denver?? I'd sure like to go. Please let me know.

Doc C -

Yes, the initial meeting place is at a park & ride at 120th in north Denver. They'll then take a fun drive back south to Colorado Springs on some fun mountian roads. I know it's a long drive for you so if you don't want to take I-25 all the way up to Denver, you can exit in monument and take 105 up to Castle Rock then hop back on I-25 there...it kind of breaks up the drive and is pretty fun.

Andy.

Hi Chris/Steve/anyone else from the south...Lets meet at the Starbucks off of I-25 on Bellview at 10:30 AM...

From the south...off at Bellview in the Tech Center...turn right...go through the first light and turn into the retail center on the right...you'll see the Starbucks close to "Cool River Cafe"...

From the Starbucks we can all drive up to the meeting place at 120th off of I-25...I know how to get there...

This is a great driving event...Pete does a great job of organizing and planning...

see you all then...Mike

Last edited:
Andy,

Sucks you won't be there!!! Sure you still want to go to Florida?? What's left of it anyway?? Oh well, good luck down there. Thanks for the tip on the trip.

Mike,

I'll hopefully see you at the Starbuck's at Belleview. I think I know where that's at. Take care. Thanks for the directions.

Chris

Back