• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SUPER SENSITIVE OEM Alarm System?

My '91 OEM alarm is so sensitive, it almost makes me not want to lock the doors. Without getting into full details, it will basically just start going off for no apparent reason. I assume that there is a short/bad connection somewhere. Has anyone heard of this before? Does anyone have any advie as to what I could check/look for/where to look for it so I can remedy this problem? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ben

I've never had this problem with my '92 and the OEM alarm. I would suspect that one of your connections may be bad - When I disconnected power from the alarm system while installing the keyless entry, the alarm went off and was a pain to stop.

If you are referring to the alarm going off when you unlock the door, that's a common problem (listed in the FAQ). However, if your alarm goes off randomly when the car is just sitting there, I would wonder if you have a bad connection somewhere that is not consistently sending a signal to the alarm (or is sending false signals).

Hey Ben, did you ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same. I can only guess that I parked it on an uneven surface...but not sure.

Mine did the same thing too -- years ago. I spent days searching, disconnecting, reconnecting... ended up disabling the burglar alarm.

First thing you guys should check is the door/trunk/hood pins, most factory alarms don't have impact sensors, some have glass breakage sensors but ive never seen one on a NSX. I don't own a NSX yet but the first thing I would check is the drivers door pin switch as it gets used the most and ive seen them go bad a lot on 90s era Honda vehicles.

Back