• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

supercharged nsx going to the drags

It seems like the heat really did play a part. At normal temps a stock 91-92 NSX can usually see a 13.5 or thereabouts.

If you make that half-second or so correction the BBSC car would be just around 13.1.

With the latest upgrades, it looks possible for the BBSC to be in the 12's (in normal temps).

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Allan,

Out of curiousity, what does your lambo run, with and without NOS? Do you know?

never raced my car in the quarter, but my friend had the exact same car, with the exact same mods, he could turn 11.60's - 11.80's @ 121-123, and with the nos his best was 10.98 @ 134, with a million other runs between 11.01- 11.30 @ 131-135mph. traction is the biggest problem, hed have to go easy off the line and still be blowing the tires off.i think my nsx would be capable of mid 13's on a normal cool night with 93 octane gas instead of 91.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
never raced my car in the quarter, but my friend had the exact same car, with the exact same mods, he could turn 11.60's - 11.80's @ 121-123, and with the nos his best was 10.98 @ 134, with a million other runs between 11.01- 11.30 @ 131-135mph. traction is the biggest problem, hed have to go easy off the line and still be blowing the tires off.i think my nsx would be capable of mid 13's on a normal cool night with 93 octane gas instead of 91.

I'm soooo glad I didnt waste my money on the BBSC. THANKYOU ALLEN. BTW, you can afford a Lambo and put 91 octane gas in your NSX?? What kind of budget is that?? LOL Your 91 should go mid 13's at about 103. Get the gears and R&P then headers, it was the best investment I made for acceleration other than the NOS.I went 13.2 with just those mods, now I have dual stage NOS and I'm turning 11.9 @117. Nice!I'm still getting beat by a VR-4 though(he goes 11.7@117)so I need a turbo. Larry??

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
I'm soooo glad I didnt waste my money on the BBSC.

Don't be fooled. The BBSC that was in the 91 NSX was just a prototype. the fuel is running rich, so there is still some tuneing needed. In MYNSX nsx we beat both nsx'x with a better BBSC that's running about 75% not once, not twice but three times. the BBSC is an excellent charger, as soon as the finishing touches are done by Mark it will be damn near the best out there if not the best.

Allen you are forgetting to mention ...
or are you forgetting to mention??

1-that car that you ran against does have the BBSC on it running at about 50% efficiency
due to being a early prototype unit that.
a-needs the upgraded fuel sytem (he is running fat as hell on the fuel.(I ran the #'s by my builder of my drag car to confirm this)
b-needs the new DFI type box that was tested by (a supercharger BUILDER) himself quotes (with this box it is the fastest supercharged NSX he has ever seen perform and driven).
c-Arizona at approximatly 100 degrees in June is hardly optimum conditions.
d-the fact of (lack of horsepower) is something that should be thoroughly researched BEFORE you start making assumptions.
I was running the new fuel system "but" NO DFI STYLE BOX @75% last night as I passed you and Steves NSX not once,not twice,but three times on the the I-10.I am NOT surprised you would not mention THAT.
Let's do this to be fair to Mark.
Let's get Steves car over to Marks do the upgrades I have a neutral party who can not only dyno the car.But can run consistant #'s within thousanths of a secondas a professional that runs an 8.60 car every weekend.
THEN make the posts and make sure what -ever way the ball rolls POST EITHER A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR CLAIM OR A RETRACTION.
The time frame should be 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
Doesn't that sound fair??

------------------

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 14 June 2002).]

I agree with MYNSX. Mark has done a great job and should be reconized, and if you do need a dyno - well I have one at my shop and I would gladly let you guys run them not before, only after mark has finished and got all the T's crossed and I's dotted. That is the only true way to be fair to Mark.

Originally posted by GDFELLA:
Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
I'm soooo glad I didnt waste my money on the BBSC.

Don't be fooled. The BBSC that was in the 91 NSX was just a prototype. the fuel is running rich, so there is still some tuneing needed. In MYNSX nsx we beat both nsx'x with a better BBSC that's running about 75% not once, not twice but three times. the BBSC is an excellent charger, as soon as the finishing touches are done by Mark it will be damn near the best out there if not the best.

There is not yet a full production kit installed with the final parts. My sudden, unexpected change of fuel systems has caused a great delay, but one which is finally behind us. The new system has created some dyno plots that will once again cause people to call me a liar, so I will let the owners, or MJ, or CW do that. I believe the installs in Orlando next week includes dynos for all.
SNDSOUL, I too am glad you did not buy a BBSC- Those who have had faith in me have allowed me to do a few installs knowing that in a week or so I would have the car back and finished correctly. The car that ran last night had such an early, weak system, that it makes me wonder what the point of THAT excercise was. Steve knows his car is running about half, but he wanted to have some fun. I am sorry some people will use that to slam the kit. So be it. There is ONLY one truth, and you will all be able to dyno, drag race, or ignore to your hearts content next week in Dallas, or the week after in Orlando. For those who think there has been way too much CHANGING info- you are right. The worst mistake of my life was deveolping this kit in the public eye. I REALLY thought it was an exciting idea the community would enjoy.
Silly me.
MB

MB, Keep up the good work. There are many of us out here who are very appreciative of your many hours of hard work and R&D, with 100% faith that you will bring us a superior quality final product. We are all looking forward to your arrival here in mid July!See you soon!

------------------
Jason

No you are not silly Mark,people have a tendancy to forget conversions you've had w/ them(like the game telephone).

On the contrary I forget NOTHING I base my decisions on your track record, reputation,and personal experience.

Thats why I have had approximatly 20k-30 in labor and parts done by you and "never" had a bad experience.Nor can I stand still mouth shut and allow you to be
Pardon the pun .......Basched.LOL
smile.gif

first of all MYNSX, im sorry, i thought you could read. Have someone translate this for you. I mentioned all the facts you posted in your thread already. The heat, the fuel,and about the system being constantly upgraded. I also mentioned that the system had great promise and was definately a worth while effort.For you to act on this forum as though i was holding something back and trying to slander this system has really pissed me off. I am not, and will be purchasing this system for myself. As for you beating both nsx's last night, i beg to differ, as you and i raced for about 2 seconds since there was too much traffic, and according to Steve, the only time you could get out on him was when you jumped him,which i watched you do. Steve will confirm this. The only reason i can think you'd print a stupid post like that is to publicly kiss Marks ass and win brownie points. I dont feel a need to do this, as you may recall i even asked you guys about not posting the times so that people wouldnt get the wrong idea last night, since the system was not finished. I get my respect from honesty, not from kissing ass.sndsoul, your remark is uncalled for and unwarranted. You may choose other routes for performance but dont down and belittle others.

Originally posted by NSXTech:
...The worst mistake of my life was deveolping this kit in the public eye. I REALLY thought it was an exciting idea the community would enjoy.
Silly me.
MB

Don't lose sight of the wheat due to a little chaff. It has been fun.

Edit: Aaaarrrgh, typo on lose...

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 14 June 2002).]

There is not yet a full production kit installed with the final parts.

Your vendors have had these kits for sale for over 40 days. One of them even posted a final production dynograph. Have you been selling pre-production or beta kits? I don't think so... you need to clear up exactly 'what' comes with your final product if you don't want more hersey. I asked in a previous thread completely valid questions on what the new 'final' final comes with and it got burried replying that you dont have time to supply the public with information about the kit. You do however have time to come and defend it with several posts?

My sudden, unexpected change of fuel systems has caused a great delay, but one which is finally behind us. The new system has created some dyno plots that will once again cause people to call me a liar, so I will let the owners, or MJ, or CW do that. I believe the installs in Orlando next week includes dynos for all.

I'd still like to know..is it a secret? Also, post the graphs..I dont recall anyone calling you a liar. I just remember that both hp and torque were on different scales.
Not very nice.

The car that ran last night had such an early, weak system,

Is this the system that everyone was raving about at that time? The early system where people who questioned why some of the components or parts you were using were labeled as trouble makers or idiots or jelous? Interesting to hear YOU calling it weak now....(what would have happened back then) I still think everyone needs to be thanking for the hard time that was given.

For those who think there has been way too much CHANGING info- you are right.

Glad we agree on something.
The worst mistake of my life was deveolping this kit in the public eye. I REALLY thought it was an exciting idea the community would enjoy.
Silly me.
MB

Absolutely your worst mistake. Like I've said (and gotten bashed for many times) My opninion is that 90% of the bbsc talk did not belong in the main forum. Tootin your own horn does nothing but invite knit-pickers.

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 14 June 2002).]

first of all MYNSX, im sorry, i thought you could read.
(I can read Allen). Have someone translate this for you.(thats enough) I mentioned all the facts you posted in your thread already.(not clearly they were subject to interpritation) The heat, the fuel,and about the system being constantly upgraded.(you might have mentioned that) I also mentioned that the system had great promise and was definately a worth while effort.(you may have said that earlier)For you to act on this forum as though i was holding something back and trying to slander this system has really pissed me off.(not much arguement there)(why would you get so defensive)I am not, and will be purchasing this system for myself.(That I do not think is true) As for you beating both nsx's last night, i beg to differ, as you and i raced for about 2 seconds since there was too much traffic(Allen it was the ROLLING START THAT YOU LOVE AND I HATE)(you asked for it and you got it), and according to Steve, the only time you could get out on him was when you jumped him,which i watched you do.(NO AALLEN THAT WAS HIS INABILITY TO CHOOSE THE PROPER GEARS AS WELL AS REACTION TIMES,WHAT YOU WITNESSED WAS HIM ON THE GAS AND ME LAUNCHING AWAY ,PERIOD...SHOW ME HIS REACTION TIMES AT FIREBIRD AND I'LL SHOW YOU "ALL" OF MINE)(YOU ONLY SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE)Steve will confirm this.(I DON'T REALLY WANT TO HERE WHAT STEVE HAS TO SAY,NOR WOULD I VALUE HIS OPINION ON THIS SUBJECT)WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT /HIS CHARGER IS DEFINATLY NOT WORKING OPTIMALLY (WE ALL KNOW THIS "NOW".IT Definatly was not expressed clearly enough by you or the guy posting before you would not be asking "LARRY FOR A TURBO" AND THANKING GOD HE DIDN'T GO W/ BBSC.The only reason i can think you'd print a stupid post like that is to publicly kiss Marks ass and win brownie points.(I GET NO BETTER PRICING THAN ANYONE ON THIS FORUM OR IN THE NSX COMMUNITY,THERE ARE NO ALTERIOR MOTIVES NOR DOES MARK NEED MY BUSINESS,HE IS WELL OFF W/OUT MYNSX,SO THERES NOT EVEN AN OPORTUNITY FOR SPONSORSHIP W/ MARK)I dont feel a need to do this,(YOU DONT) as you may recall i even asked you guys about not posting the times so that people wouldnt get the wrong idea last night,(WHAT THAT THE ET'S WERE TERRIBLE) since the system was not finished. I get my respect from honesty, not from kissing ass.sndsoul, your remark is uncalled for and unwarranted.(ALLEN YOU HOLD NOTHING BACK AND NEITHER DO I EXEPT WHEN IN COURT OR SELLING SOMETHING,IF YOU FEEL I'VE DISRESPECTED YOU OR ATTACKED YOU ,YOU ARE MISUNDERSTANDING) You may choose other routes for performance but dont down and belittle others.( I AM SIMPLY STATING WHAT I SEE W/ NO ALTERIER MOTIVE OTHER THAN TO PROTECT FAIRNESS AND AS WE ALL KNOW THINGS CAN BE MIS-INTERPRETED.I FELT IT WAS NESSESARY AT THE RISK OF PISSING YOU OFF TO SAY WHAT I MEAN AND MEAN WHAT I SAY.I DO NOT HAVE ANY ALTERIOR MOTIVES W/ YOU.WHICH BECAUSE OF OUR PRIOR MEETINGS/TALKS ETC. WOULD GIVE ME AN ALTERIOR MOTIVE AS FAR AS SUPPORT FROM YOURSELF ETC.
ALLEN IF I JUST ROLLED OVER AND SHUT UP WOULD YOU PREFER THAT ???
YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION again in the previous post.
Please reply and I'll make an effort to tone it down,OK??
Theres no need for all this heat.
The CAPS were not me yelling just giving an answer for all your comments and you being able to desipher my answers from your posted reply.
I'll talk w/ you later....

MYNSX

That could very well be the hardest post to read EVER... i just gave up..

Sorry I too had a hard time reading it all.
I thought it would go from dark to light font
and thought the caps would help.I'm not the best at being able to post the way I see others do it.w/ all the lines and darkened quotes etc.

Is there anyone else here who did not fully understand that i had previously mentioned that the system on this car was not fully developed or was mynsx the only one? now, after you made that post you say "i may have mentioned that, or i may have said that". so if i did say this and that, what was the point of your post? even when i posted the times , i mentioned my belief in the system. also why would you post that you dont believe ill buy a supercharger system? you have no idea what i am and am not going to do? In your races against steve, i see no mention of the runs you guys had when you where both side by side, the whole way through.also, you have short gears also, steve dosnt and that would definately help you on the low end. the race between you and me was for what like 30-40 feet? Anyways some of you guys are taking this way too personal. All i had hoped to do was break into the 13's with my car, which i unfortunately could not do.Steve invited me to go the track with him and i said ok, to have fun, not to argue about it. by the way mynsx, we asked you to run your car at the track, but you said no since you didnt want to thrash on it, but yet on the highway you thrashed on it over and over again. with your supposed superior reaction times and faster car, you could have shown us a thing or two. why didnt you?

sndsoul, your remark is uncalled for and unwarranted. You may choose other routes for performance but dont down and belittle others.

Hey dont get me involved in your pissing contest. I wasnt trying to belittle anyone or the BBSC, I just was glad that I didnt buy one b/c it would not suit my purpose as it is. I still think its cool that someone finally made a supercharger kit that actually makes good power and doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Congrats to Mark B on that for sure. I'm looking for something to go mid 11's and be reliable. So for now, nothing seems to be available except for some one-off custom jobs. My NOS is fast, but it has many drawbacks, last week I got beat by a Civic at the track in front of 5000 people b/c both of my NOS solenoids locked up. The system sprayed two stages of fuel and no NOS and I ran an embarrassing 14.34. OUCH! I dont want to use nitrous, its just my only choice right now. If I see that the final BBSC gets mid 11's then I would for sure change my mind. Until then I am still so glad I didnt buy one.

omfg, MYNSX what the hell is up with those mad posting skillz you've got goin bro? If it's not ALLCAPS then it's a rambling/bolded/quoted/incoherent mass of text that no one can read.

ROFL!

SNDSOUL, I too am glad you did not buy a BBSC- Those who have had faith in me have allowed me to do a few installs knowing that in a week or so I would have the car back and finished correctly.
Why would I have faith in you? I have never dealt with you, talked to you, met you or even seen you. I have nothing against you or your system. It seems to be very promising, just not for me. I need something faster and originally I thought the BBSC was the answer. I came very close to ordering this system instead of adding my second stage NOS. That is why I posted the comment above and that is still how I feel.

I have asked many times on this forum for 1/4 mile estimates for your kit and my requests have always been discarded saying that 1/4 mile times are not important. This was the first post of your kit(weak system as you put it)in the 1/4 mile. I understand that this is an early kit that is not up to full potential, but do you think that the final system will do mid 11's in the 1/4?
If so, prove it and I will be on the phone ordering one from Chris.

If you want tested mid-11s from an existing system, the Bell turbo kit already does it. All it needs is some better fuel management.

Speedemon on this forum, has already run high 11s with his NSX (it is a 97 though). This is still with the stock block and no reinforcements. However, I do think that's the limit for that kit because the turbos are very small so boost and limited past the current amount.

Nevertheless, it's the only production system I know of for the NSX that has been verified to break into the 11 second range. If you did a search you could find a few posts where he describes his setup and fuel management. It's proof that a stock 3.2L motor with the Bell turbo can produce over 400 to the wheels.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 14 June 2002).]

Originally posted by ilya:
If you want tested mid-11s from an existing system, the Bell turbo kit already does it. All it needs is some better fuel management.

Speedemon on this forum, has already run high 11s with his NSX (it is a 97 though). This is still with the stock block and no reinforcements. However, I do think that's the limit for that kit because the turbos are very small so boost and limited past the current amount.

Nevertheless, it's the only production system I know of for the NSX that has been verified to break into the 11 second range. If you did a search you could find a few posts where he describes his setup and fuel management. It's proof that a stock 3.2L motor with the Bell turbo can produce over 400 to the wheels.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 14 June 2002).]

Ilya, I have looked into the Bell turbo kit. It looks to be well designed, but it seems to have a lot of shady issues that have kept me from buying it. Plus I think I would rather a single turbo unit with an intercooler. I didnt know the NSX had such a complex fuel system/ECU, but evidently it has given everyone that has messed with it fits(superchargers and turbos alike). I think I will sit back and wait for someone to figure it out and then make my move. How is the NSX Modified turbo coming along?

Back