• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

supercharged nsx going to the drags

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
Ilya, I have looked into the Bell turbo kit. It looks to be well designed, but it seems to have a lot of shady issues that have kept me from buying it. Plus I think I would rather a single turbo unit with an intercooler. I didnt know the NSX had such a complex fuel system/ECU, but evidently it has given everyone that has messed with it fits(superchargers and turbos alike). I think I will sit back and wait for someone to figure it out and then make my move. How is the NSX Modified turbo coming along?

Gerry Johnson from Modesto, CA has the set up you are looking for, with 500+ rwhp. You can see the pictures in the Gallery.

I rode with him 3 weeks ago and he was just playing at 3000-6000 RPM, it is wickedly fast ............. he was going to test the 1/4 mile and was looking to hit below 11 .........

Gerry visits this forums and can be reached at: [email protected]

See what happens when Mark B. tries to invite the NSX community into his world, but keeping us informed of the future.

...and we all wonder why we don't hear anything about Larry's turbo...

Originally posted by Hrant:

Gerry Johnson from Modesto, CA has the set up you are looking for, with 500+ rwhp. You can see the pictures in the Gallery.

I rode with him 3 weeks ago and he was just playing at 3000-6000 RPM, it is wickedly fast ............. he was going to test the 1/4 mile and was looking to hit below 11 .........

Gerry visits this forums and can be reached at: [email protected]

Gerry's car is awesome. He definetly went all the way. I would love a set up like that, but I really dont want to have to do any engine internals or computer fuel management. With that there are too many varibles that can go wrong and you end up spending more time working on the car than driving. Thats how my Jeep ended up. I just went to far to really enjoy it.

Steve invited me to go the track with him and i said ok, to have fun, not to argue about it. by the way mynsx, we asked you to run your car at the track, but you said no since you didnt want to thrash on it, but yet on the highway you thrashed on it over and over again. with your supposed superior reaction times and faster car,you could have shown us a thing or two. why didnt you?(quote by Allen)

Allen no I did not show up to argue w/ you at the track nor do I think we were argueing.That rolling type drag racing I put my car through on the freeway was about 25% of what I do at the track.Off the line launches,burnouts using double pedalling,redlining power shifting(which I did not do as we changed through each gear on the I-10 and is absolutly nessesary for the most consistant Et's)There is quite a bit I've learned in my time.Possibly you would know more (that does not matter to me)one thing is for sure I don't go spewing out that instruction before I realize
A- that person may need that info

B-that person wants to learn something and usually is openminded to outside info.

And yes based on the section of your timeslip that shows R/T (reaction time)you either are rusty or not as experienced (specifically in that field)watching you a few more times would allow me to decide that.
PS... I am very rusty and inconsistancy would be expected on my part(sometimes I'm in the Zone) sometimes not but one things for sure all I need to do is practice a few weekend to play as fluently as I did before .
You might be better than me I don't give a sh!t.I am not at all saying that I am a better driver or have the big swinging d!ck award.I simply am speaking my piece and if by that you feel a person threat so be it.

If your ego can't handle that "what-ever".Mine can.I am making an effort and to stay on the subject .I think you have never answered the original question in my post(Let's get Steves car over to Marks do the upgrades I have a neutral party who can not only dyno the car.Butcan run consistant #'s within thousanths of a secondas a professional that runs an 8.60 car every weekend.THEN make the posts and make sure what -ever way the ball rolls POST EITHER A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR CLAIM OR A RETRACTION.
The time frame should be 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
Doesn't that sound fair??

------------------

AND WHY DO YOU KEEP AVOIDING THIS QUESTION??
Will you please answer!!!

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 15 June 2002).]

There are already a few production kits done of the NSX Modified turbo. It's already tested and safe from what I understand, but is not 100% complete. Chris Wolf gave rides in his 97 with the NSX Modified turbo last month at the meet. They are waiting on a larger set of injectors (back ordered apparently) to complete the setup. It's currently running a bit lean over 6K and they want to upgrade injectors to be safe.

Have you tried getting in touch with Larry about it? If you were really going for high HP, he has the resources to have your block decked, sleeved and reinforced as he has already done so for quite a few motors (Doug's new motor being the latest).

You must remember to consider that you are far away and only Larry knows the turbo and setup. If you have something that needs to be worked on, you're pretty far away. As a setup, the turbo is done. If you show up tomorrow with 5gs in your hand, you can make an appointment and get to it. However, as a complete kit that can be mailed to customers and installed by other techs, it's not there yet. He does the tuning so giving it to another tech, that doesn't understand the setup, is just begging for complications or worse. It's what the Bell kit went through initially. Personally, I don't know how he plans to sell it outside of his local area since only he can install it. It's a lot of work so flying to location would be an extended stay. In the meantime, his shop would be closed.

He seems to have a lot of wealthy customers. They ship the car to him and have it shipped back when he is done. That's not possible for many of us, myself included (luckily I'm close). You may want to ask other's impressions who drove in the car. It was the complete kit MINUS bigger injectors and a completely open blow-off valve (both precautions until the injectors become available). Still was pretty darn fast as far as I was concerned.

Nothing, outside of Ken's FactorX tuned Comptech (holy crap
eek.gif
) has come close yet to Speeddemon's NSX. I'll bet David and Gerry's cars are faster, but I haven't been in either. Nobody ever seems to mention the TORQUE part of the equation when discussing these kits. It's tough for any of the SCers for the NSX to compete with the torque put down by even the smallest of turbos, even the tiny Aeros used on the Bell kit.

You want 11s? Cheat like Motortrend. Bore out your rear wheel wells and put giant Hoosiers on.
biggrin.gif
jk

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 15 June 2002).]

ALLEN.
I think you have never answered the original question in my post(Let's get Steves car over to Marks do the upgrades I have a neutral party who can not only dyno the car.Butcan run consistant #'s within thousanths of a secondas a professional that runs an 8.60 car every weekend.THEN make the posts and make sure what -ever way the ball rolls POST EITHER A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR CLAIM OR A RETRACTION.
The time frame should be 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
Doesn't that sound fair??

------------------

AND WHY DO YOU KEEP AVOIDING THIS QUESTION??
Will you please answer!!!

The simple fact that you have avoided this question (and or) refused to be fair and agree to "retest" uncovers your true motivation.Reguardless of your retort at this point anything you say(rationalization,back-pedaling) the simple fact of your s-s-stuttering ability to answer parellels w/ a politician on his podium stopped by a challenging question uncovers your motives.Which was my point of this debate unfortunatly (for you) you've made it public.I knew at some point you would fold.

As Steve Via put it so well "The Audience Is Listening"

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 17 June 2002).]

you want me to post a retraction? A retraction of what? You really are stupid. Why dont you go back through my original posts, read them again and then read your idiotic post. Steve is already making plans to dyno his vehicle, its not my car so i cant tell him what to do with it. Personally, id love to see his car versus yours at the track. As far as what i said before, i stand behind every word. I just wanna see you stand behind your words desribing your car"its soo fast it feels like it yanks the front wheels off the ground" lol

Originally posted by ALLAN:
you want me to post a retraction? A retraction of what? You really are stupid. Why dont you go back through my original posts, read them again and then read your idiotic post. Steve is already making plans to dyno his vehicle, its not my car so i cant tell him what to do with it. Personally, id love to see his car versus yours at the track. As far as what i said before, i stand behind every word. I just wanna see you stand behind your words desribing your car"its soo fast it feels like it yanks the front wheels off the ground" lol

Its entertaining to see a man lose his cool and launch personal assaults like "stupid" etc.

One thing is for sure I will not even respond to you and make everyone here have to put up with your nonsense.

My point in the whole debate "as you might desribe it" (all though you've "attempted" to take it to a personal level,which I refuse to participate in w/ you)is to expose your "True Motivation" which is to whisper support of MB 's BBSC and scream out about it's temporary set backs as a means to gain leverage toward future personal gain (only business right??)

It is clear as per the overwhelming response via e-mails and responses that I have recieved online that I've done my job.It does not look good for you.WE WILL NOT FORGET.

As for challenging me in a drag race.Are you challenging MY ability or the NSX If so check the articles and front page of Super Ford Mag.Feb. 2000'.I've put my place on the map already and been challenged by people w/ far superior abilities than you have shown me.My drag racing career is over I will not beat that dead horse (that I shot!).The decision to not run the 1/4 mile again was mine and YOU will not re-incarnate it.Ive proved on MANY SATURDAY NIGHTS MY ABILITIES .Your claims were challenged (you lost)GET - OVER IT.
If the challenge is the "latter" whe'll thats AGAIN case and point (is that how you support Mark B.????? )

Nethertheless
Thank You (and be sure to keep your head in "front" of the shotgun)
smile.gif

Interesting... reminds me of Jeopardy. I believe this is an answer to a question Lud posted in 'Off-topic' area.

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

what personal business gain? are you serious? You are soo funny to me. About your drag racing career, uh, yeah your a real john force.lol. you yourself said you werent the one driving the car. maybe you should sit back and re-evaluate your life and some of your statements. Firstly id try to figure out how you have 100,000+ in your nsx, did you leave 50,000 cash in your glove box?

what personal business gain? are you serious?
------------------------------------------
You know exactly what I speak of.Allen
You are soo funny to me. About your drag racing career, uh, yeah your a real john force.lol.
You were not laughing as you veiwed my taillights.Show me you raction times out of the gate.Post-em and weap.Waaaa Allen

you yourself said you werent the one driving the car.
--------------------------------------------
I was not the ONLY one who drove MY car.Allen
---------------------------------------------
maybe you should sit back and re-evaluate your life and some of your statements.
Maybe you shouldn't personalize your failures,Allen
Firstly id try to figure out how you have 100,000+ in your nsx, did you leave 50,000 cash in your glove box?
-------------------------------------------
I will have 100k into it when were done.
PS... You only know part of the stage plan.I wouldn't reveal the entire plan to you or anyone.Thats why we win shows.Allen
-------------------------------------------
Have a NICE DAY Allen. and smile
smile.gif

Thank you Allen for allowing me to rent space in your head FREE OF CHARGE.I guess your still stuck on the I-10 as you were in MY REAR VIEW MIRROR!!LOL
You asked for it...

i dont know if you think your upsetting me or something. i find this entertaining. i admit to seeing your taillights, am i upset, no. do i care, no. now its your gonna have 100,000 in your car, lol. we can drag this out for ever, i stay by all my comments, about the basch supercharger. This converasation is getting to be a bore, you say this i say that. will go on forever. if youd like to move this conversation offline, i will remind you of several of your comments.

if youd like to move this conversation offline, i will remind you of several of your comments.

Please do so, this is getting silly.

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
I still think its cool that someone finally made a supercharger kit that actually makes good power and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

I don't know what an arm and a leg costs in your area, but I think the BBSC at $6,500+$400 install is well over the cost of an arm and a leg! At 20+% the price that you can buy an early model NSX for, it sure doesn't seem worth it for a SC, or any other performance part. NSX aftermarket parts are waaaayyy over priced in relation to the cost of the cars.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 17 June 2002).]

Back