• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharger- Comptech or Basch??

I agree that this is a very objective and therefore informative thread. It might be prudent to wait another 2 months until NSXPO. I'm sure all the SCs will be represented along with a few turbos. Thats what I'm waiting for.

PorknBeanz said:
I agree that this is a very objective and therefore informative thread. It might be prudent to wait another 2 months until NSXPO. I'm sure all the SCs will be represented along with a few turbos. Thats what I'm waiting for.

That is very good suggestion and idea.

AndyVecsey said:
Andy did you dyno the car with both of the chargers if so what were the results?

CTSC 6 PSI 324 RWHP
CTSC 9 PSI 345 RWHP
BBSC 8 PSI 383 RWHP (not tuned)

Did you have any other modifications on the car when you dyno'ed these numbers?

The base BBSC kit will definately do the trick:

BBSC 6lb pulley, Novi 1K stock header, slipping clutch, untuned... 351hp, 250 tq

Same day, similar 6lb, Novi 1K, headers, short gears, good clutch, short gears untuned...
365hp, 255tq

The low numbers above are most likely due to a slipping blower belt.

C

AndyVecsey said:
Andy did you dyno the car with both of the chargers if so what were the results?

CTSC 6 PSI 324 RWHP
CTSC 9 PSI 345 RWHP
BBSC 8 PSI 383 RWHP (not tuned)

I have since created numerous fuel maps to establish an almost perfect air-fuel ratio of 11.9:1 under boost. While I have not re-dyno'ed yet, several people have commented to me that I probably picked up 15-20 HP, because the original fuel map was very rich. I have a 10 PSI :eek: pulley in my garage, patiently waiting its role to spin the Paxton. :D

CTSC @6psi 359rwhp 250ft/lbs (tuned)
GMSC @6psi 342rwhp 260ft/lbs (untuned)
FX Turbo @8psi 436rwhp 331ft/lbs (untuned@110 degree
ambient)

The numbers were produced on our in house Dynapacks.

Andy is absolutely right, proper engine management and tuning makes all the difference in the world. Just remember running a flat 11.9:1 across the board under boost is not always the most efficient. Good job on the project Andy it looks like you really took the bull by the horns:)

Last edited:
hey!

GMSC @6psi 342rwhp 260ft/lbs (untuned) <--- HEY WHOS CAR IS THAT?! ;)
ambient)

Been a long time since Ive been on these boards... so much neglect for the poor Gruppe M .... always CTSC or BBSC in debate.

Sad times...

-BZ

Factor X Motorsports said:
GMSC @6psi 342rwhp 260ft/lbs (untuned)
ambient)

Andy is absolutely right, proper engine management and tuning makes all the difference in the world. Just remember running a flat 11.9:1 across the board under boost is not always the most efficient. Good job on the project Andy it looks like you really took the bull by the horns:)

Anyone out there FactorX's kit on their car yet. I would love to hear from you about the product. Fit and finish power, concernes.
Please feel free to post to me offline.
Len

Re: hey!

BoneZ said:
Been a long time since Ive been on these boards... so much neglect for the poor Gruppe M .... always CTSC or BBSC in debate.

Sad times...

-BZ

BZ,

Ready to upgrade the GMSC:) If you are interested in a joy ride we will be up north during the week of Sept 8-11 with our turbo system. Hope all is well!

Hrant said:
Show up at NSXPO 2003 ................. :eek:

;)

Can't wait til Expo. I have the info from FactorX.
I just wanted to talk to someone that has it on their car.
I know they have it as a working system on a car, I will get to see it in a week or so.
Len

len3.8 said:
Can't wait til Expo. I have the info from FactorX.
I just wanted to talk to someone that has it on their car.
I know they have it as a working system on a car, I will get to see it in a week or so.
Len

Len, Good to hear you are going to make it to NSXPO. Hope all is well. Btw, is that your Supra in your Avatar?

I'm pretty excited as well about the upcoming opportunity next weekend, first showing I believe, to examine the new Factor X kit in person and see its performance potential! I'm on the list of those who are ready to make the jump to turbo when the final product is completed and the anticipation is killing me. Just the thought of having the BOV whoooooosh! sound coming from my car is enough to give me the tingles! :D

Factor X Motorsports said:
Len, Good to hear you are going to make it to NSXPO. Hope all is well. Btw, is that your Supra in your Avatar?

Mike, All is well. Thanks by the way. I got your message from KGP.
I wish I could be there Next week.
"Can't wait til NSXPO" as in too far away. I will set something up after the Hollywood park thing. Save me a spot;)

"Just the thought of having the BOV whoooooosh! sound coming from my car is enough to give me the tingles!
Darkcyd I know what you mean.

The Supra is my younger brothers. He is modding as well. What do you have for Supra's? He would love to blow my doors off.
He get's killed in stock form.
I will talk to you about my plans today. KGP has my eyes with him. He is looking for these #'s right here.
ambient);) Treat him right.:cool:
Len

Still that nagging thought about emission testing. Will that be a problem with your system?
Len

Back