• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SuperCharger

I just got a new NSX and I want to install a superchager on it but
the one I have is CTSC old version. Anybody have any objections on old CTSC system? how long do you have break in before you install this system?

There is absoletly nothing wrong with the old system at all. Is the car brand new? like 100 miles?

NetViper said:
There is absoletly nothing wrong with the old system at all. Is the car brand new? like 100 miles?

Since new chager came out I always thought there is something wrong with the system and update to new one with more price tag! but if you say nothing wrong with the old system I will definately process the installation.

bumbobee said:
Since new chager came out I always thought there is something wrong with the system and update to new one with more price tag! but if you say nothing wrong with the old system I will definately process the installation.

The only reason they changed is because there were problems getting the Lysholm blowers in stock. Now they use the autorotor unit instead.

NetViper said:
The only reason they changed is because there were problems getting the Lysholm blowers in stock. Now they use the autorotor unit instead.

Really!! I didn't know that!
Stupid question but how is on gas? normal driving?
Thanks!

Comptech told me the current SC puts out just as much HP as the old system with high boost kit. So it is more efficient, and perhaps more reliable?

bumbobee said:
Thanks!

Ha ha ha ha.Lol!! Normal driving. LOL!
It's goodbye gas mileage and most everthing else in your mirrors.:biggrin:

15 mpg city, 20 freeway. Yeah, its fun. I do a lot of 0-60 run. It takes me longer to warm up the car than the commute to the office.

Last edited:
with my bbsc if i drive lightly i get 22 city, and have never driven freeway. if i drive like i normally do i get 18 city.

Vancehu said:
Comptech told me the current SC puts out just as much HP as the old system with high boost kit. So it is more efficient, and perhaps more reliable?

My car dyon'ed at comptech @ 359RWHP with the old version SC 6lb with I/H/E. The newer unit appears to have the same HP numbers, as seen by NSX Tuners 361RWHP newer unit that was also dyon'ed at comptech.

Vancehu said:

They say the new blower is more efficient. It seems to make pretty close to the same power as the old unit, but I seem to remember they had to make a larger pulley to keep the boost similar. I also heard the new blower holds the boost better at higher RPM vs. the lysholm. (but I don't know if that is true)

The Highboost kit makes more power than the new kit at 6-7psi.

Here is a dyno of the old CTSC, 6lbs vs 9lbs on a 92 NSX with I/H/E

dynogrph.jpg

that has not been the experience Ive seen.

I know, different dynos, different conditions, but my car put more down than Johnnys (359vs 350ish). Id say that the current 6lb kit is about equivalent to the old high boost kit instead.

BioBanker said:
that has not been the experience Ive seen.

I know, different dynos, different conditions, but my car put more down than Johnnys (359vs 350ish). Id say that the current 6lb kit is about equivalent to the old high boost kit instead.

Look at the dyno above. Have you seen any 3.0 car with the autorotor make 360rwhp?

The highest NA1 autorotor dyno I have seen is 355rwhp. Approximately 80rwhp gain compare to before CTSC. I personally would love to be the first to hit 360rwhp on low boost on NA1, which is highly unlikely even with a miracle, I have my goals set at a more realistic 330~340rwhp, since I do not have aftermarket header.

Just for comparison this graph is the newer version of CTSC on NA1 also dynoed at Comptech dynometer, aporoximately 12~15 more rwhp over the older kit:

The highest NA1 autorotor dyno I have seen is 355rwhp. Approximately 80rwhp gain compare to before CTSC.

This was actually the better of my 2 dyno runs on my 3.0L Low Boost Autorotor CTSC...:smile: I picked up a total of 94 rwhp and 61 ft/lbs of torque after the CTSC install. (Please ignore the Air:Fuel Ratio...measured post cats)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=583954&postcount=1

unlemming said:
Really? That's terrible..I thought highway would at least be close to normal..I guess it's worth it though ;)

Terrible?..that's not much less than most non FI cars get when the driver is using the gas pedal on a regular basis...

My car gets around 20-22 overall..with city and freeway driving.

15-20mpg in a car that does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds is freeking fantastic!!

Thanks ya all!
Seems like everybody is supporting CTSC system. I am very interested installing my system soon! Once I install my old version CTSC I will post my results and see what I can get out of it. Car is fairly new so I have to break in the engine, also I have to find some one that can install my SC system.
Can't wait!!!!!:biggrin:

zahntech said:
Terrible?..that's not much less than most non FI cars get when the driver is using the gas pedal on a regular basis...

I'm all for spirited driving; and when I am, I don't really pay attention to gas mileage. But when I'm cruising on the highway I like the fact that my NSX gets high 20s..:)

pbassjo said:
Ha ha ha ha.Lol!! Normal driving. LOL!
It's goodbye gas mileage and most everthing else in your mirrors.:biggrin:

Eh....not quite to the comment about things in the mirrors.

He did say almost.

If you see 10 cars in your mirrors, Id be very surprised if more than 1 of them, or even one of them, is a faster car than a supercharged NSX.

It would be a rare event in fact. Looking out your side window or windshield may yield a different result though ;)

My 92 repeatably gets 29.5 MPH on the highway with the Comptech/Whipple low boost SC. :biggrin:
On a track day it will almost drain the entire tank in 4 20 min. sessions.

Bob

bumbobee said:
Thanks!

Back