• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Swapping exhausts NA2>NA1 an vice versa.

Hi All,
Next week I start swapping the parts over from my NA1 to my NA2.
No one has ever given me a straight answer on this matter will my DC Sports NA1 header and Gruppe M V2 be able to fit my NA2. And will my OEM NA2 full system fit my NA1.
It was always my understanding that if you were to swap the systems from header onwards yes but if you were only to swap components like exhaust on its own, straight pipe on its own and header its own answer is no.

Appreciate your feedback.

I also have to do this my brake and suspension setup. My brakes are Stoptech BBK on the NA1.

Thanx alot.

Nico

I'm running the complete GT-One system (which is NA1) on my NA2 meaning F1 Headers + Test Pipes + F1 Exhaust for 10 months now with no problem.

I believe as long as you're running Test Pipes, a full system should be exchangeable between NA1 & NA2.

The GT-One NA2 Demo Car, Vancehu & TURBO2GO all went with this route.

My $0.02.

The exhaust system has to be a complete header/cats/exhaust if you want it to be street legal.

NA1 header is longer than NA2. Just make sure you have another location for the O2 Sensor plugs.

thanx for the advice and i've relayed this info to my mechanic and he agrees. I'll post back if anything else.

Neo- yes i am back but not like before.

If I can add a question to the thread:
What do you have to do to put a NA1 muffler on in place of JUST a NA2 muffler?

My car is on the hoist now.
I've asked my body shop who can weld to do the exhaust swap as well if he can. Just to double check the existing sensors can be used right ? just need to find new location on the NA2 or the NA1. I'm sure he will able to see in person.

thanx for the advice again.

If I can add a question to the thread:
What do you have to do to put a NA1 muffler on in place of JUST a NA2 muffler?

NA1 exhaust onto a '97-'99 NA2 - extension pipes available at SOS and Dali, or you can use the extension pipes that are stock on the '95-'96 exhaust system.

NA1 exhaust onto a '00-'05 NA2 - the headers, cats, and exhaust are all slightly different in comparison to the '97-'99 exhaust system, so you'll need custom extension pipes (or at least modify those that are available for sale). Otherwise, you'll need to swap out everything, i.e. headers/cats/exhaust.

Someone ought to manufacture extension pipes for an NA1 exhaust onto a '00-'05 NA2 NSX.

NA2 header is shorter than NA1. Therefore, if you have a DC sports/SOS/Taitec, it comes with extension pipes in NA1 package. Just remove those pipes.

Sorry to bring up old post havent updated.
NA1 to NA2 more straightforward. occasional CL light.

but NA2 onto NA1 more issues. I think chassis slight difference on the T.
O2 sensors from NA2 headers need to be covered. I have yet to do this. car been sitting around.

cheers for the advice.

Back