• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GT Lightweight and JGTC Parallel

I searched but still can't find any sound files for either one. If someone has any, please post them here. Anybody have any initial impressions about sound when comparing the two? TIA.

The SOS sight has a sound clip of the JGTC, but not the Lightweight. I went with the Lightweight because the JGTC is just to loud for me. They both have a low, and not raspy sound.

------------------
Wayne

If you come out to the south bay club lunch this Saturday, I believe there are a couple owners with the GT Lightweight that might show up. Also, 1NSX2GO is putting together a vid clip of our cruise from last Sunday. You'll be able to hear my car with the JGTC exhaust.

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

I was going to ask the same question, but did any one know the sound difference between GT light weight/ GT Competition?

Best regard,
Gary

------------------
DreamzSports NSX Type-R Style Spoiler [email protected]
signature.jpg

I listened to the JGTC on the SOS site. Sounds nice but it may be a bit too loud for my tastes. Anybody else with sound clips of the GT Lightweight?

Option2: I'll won't be able to make this Saturday's meet unfortunately. Would have liked to listen to your JGTC in person though. If you or anybody else can put together some sound clips of the GT Light and JGTC at the meet and post them here that would be great. Or at the least, a nice review of the two posted here after the meet.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards the GT Lightweight from what I've read about the JGTC being too loud for some. I want something that's not overbearing when I'm just taking off at a light or cruising around town but louder than stock and will scream at the higher rpms.

The GT Lightweight and GT Competition sound quite different. The GT Lightweight is slightly louder and is lower pitched. The GT Competition is about the same volume as Comptech (maybe a hair louder) that has a very nice pitch at WOT and above VTEC. It howls, and has a very Italian esque sound. The GT Competition seems to be favored by customers who daily/often drive their cars, the GT Lightweight by those that enjoy a more aggressive and lower pitch, and the JGTC Parallel by those who own the car as pleasure vehicles. Of all the TAITECs, the JGTC is still my favorite. It has the most unique pitch I have heard that is aggressive but easy to live with.

All three have been reviewed several times on Prime, and you can read the reviews by searching on "TAITEC" or the individual exhaust names...

Cheers,
-- Chris

Originally posted by ENDLESS DREAMS:
I was going to ask the same question, but did any one know the sound difference between GT light weight/ GT Competition?

Best regard,
Gary

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

93B18 and everyone else, I have a very good recording of a taitec GT competition. I have it on file but I don't know how to post it. If anyone wants, I can email the files to them. Please email me and let me know.

[This message has been edited by Smoothaccel (edited 30 January 2003).]

I have been debating about this for a while. If anyone could post a clip of comparison on each Taitec exhaust side by side, that would be quite resourceful.

Has anyone listened to the Phase exhaust in person? Does Taitec exhaust sound anything like that?

If you e-mail it over, I will "host and post": [email protected]

Cheers,
-- Chris

Originally posted by Smoothaccel:
93B18 and everyone else, I have a very good recording of a taitec GT competition. I have it on file but I don't know how to post it. If anyone wants, I can email the files to them. Please email me and let me know.

[This message has been edited by Smoothaccel (edited 30 January 2003).]

yeah, I am also interested in purchasing the GT liteweight. I don't want my car to be too loud with the JGTC. So, I want to get one too. Too bad it's a bit too pricey for me at this time...~1100 shipped to your door from Science of speed. well, that means I gotta save up.

Here are a couple sound clips (thanks Vance!) of the TAITEC GT Competition exhaust.

1. short burn out (outside)
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/GT_Competition_Exhaust/NSX-GTComp_burnout.wma

2. through the gears (inside)
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/GT_Competition_Exhaust/GTComp_rev.wma

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Chris,

You said the GT lightweight is louder than the JGTC. How come your comparison chart stated that the JGTC is lounder, based on the the scale, 10 being the loudest? or is this your opinion?

I'm also looking for something that is louder than stock but not too loud.

Which one do you recommend?

I also have another question for Chris, not relating to this subject.

I tried to inquire information regarding the CNC bracket for the HID light that I bought from SOS two months ago and was unsucessful. I sent three emails to [email protected] but never receive a response back. Who can I contact to order the brackets?

Thanks,
Billy

Hi Billy --

I believe I said that the GT Lightweight is louder than the GT Competition (see above). Sorry for any confusion.

I have not received your e-mails. We have several on the shelf. Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Originally posted by PHATNSX:
Chris,

You said the GT lightweight is louder than the JGTC. How come your comparison chart stated that the JGTC is lounder, based on the the scale, 10 being the loudest? or is this your opinion?

I'm also looking for something that is louder than stock but not too loud.

Which one do you recommend?

I also have another question for Chris, not relating to this subject.

I tried to inquire information regarding the CNC bracket for the HID light that I bought from SOS two months ago and was unsucessful. I sent three emails to [email protected] but never receive a response back. Who can I contact to order the brackets?

Thanks,
Billy

chris,
here i am another confused soul...don't know which exhaust would be good. i have head many sound clips and went to a few get together. however...i am still confuse. anywho, perhaps you can help me differentiate between JGTC parallel and GT competition. which is louder and which has a deep throaty sound.....in your expert opinion. ...thanks a billion!!

[This message has been edited by yellowpad (edited 02 February 2003).]

The two exhausts are very different in volume and tone. Take a look at our exhaust comparison here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/

The GT Comp scored a subjective sound volume of "3" and "6.5" for idle and WOT on a scale of 1-10. The JGTC "5" and "8".

The sound of the GT Comp is warm and lower pitched than stock at idle, and develops into a higher pitched somewhat mechanical sound. It has a very nice sound.

The JGTC at idle sounds very aggressive and low pitched. It is loud, but not overly so. Bliping of the throttle produces this sound that I have not ever heard from any other exhaust. It sounds somewhat like the exhaust is barking. At WOT, the exhaust sounds like a quarter scale JGTC car, very intoxicating! It is loud enough to be aggressive will reasonable enough to be able to have a conversation and listen to music. You will however hear it all the time.

Originally posted by yellowpad:
chris,
here i am another confused soul...don't know which exhaust would be good. i have head many sound clips and went to a few get together. however...i am still confuse. anywho, perhaps you can help me differentiate between JGTC parallel and GT competition. which is louder and which has a deep throaty sound.....in your expert opinion. ...thanks a billion!!

[This message has been edited by yellowpad (edited 02 February 2003).]

Cheers,
-- Chris

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:

It sounds somewhat like the exhaust is barking. At WOT, the exhaust sounds like a quarter scale JGTC car, very intoxicating! It is loud enough to be aggressive will reasonable enough to be able to have a conversation and listen to music. You will however hear it all the time.

very accurate and good description, I like the barking part
smile.gif

chris,
so what you are saying is that if i want a deep throaty sound, i should go for the GT competition. if i want something agressive and barks at a high pitch sound like a b***ch, i should get JGTC? .......hope i don't offend anyone w/ my language here. if so, please accept my apology.
smile.gif

Back