• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec Hub wiring

Anyone know what resistor is used for the SRS airbag delete? I bought a used taitec hub but it didn't come with all the wiring I need. I'm going to fabricate it myself but I would need to know what resistor came with the hub.

Also If anyone has pictures of the connectors on the end of the wires that would be great. If not I guess I'll figure that out when I finally start to take things apart.

I can help with pictures, but I don't recall the exact fuse value.

Fuse:

Jumper:

Hope this helps.

Otto

Thanks Otto,

I appreciate the pics. It'll definitely make it a little easier to figure it out.

So the only thing that remains is the resistor then. Anyone?

McMcaster Carr - http://www.mcmaster.com
P/N - 7243K115 - Fully Insulated Quick-Disconnect Terminal, Double-Crimp Female, 16-14 AWG, .11" Width x .02" Thickness Tab, packs of 25

I can't say these are definitely the right size because I have not received them yet but this is the smallest female quick disconnect I could find. McMaster Carr has them available in packs of 25. Cost about $14.50 a pack.

I'm going to email taitec directly they may be able to give me some info if they are kind enough to help. Doesn't seem anyone here knows what resistor is used.

I've been looking to see what other Honda air bag delete kits include. Seems like a 2 Ohm 1/4W resistor is what I might need. Just wanted to give this info out incase anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update I could not locate a 2 Ohm 1/4 Watt resistor locally so I tried a 2.2 Ohm 1/2 Watt resistor instead to bypass the SRS system. It was a sucess. So if anyone wants to make the bypass cable you just need a 14-16 AWG wire with two .110 wide female quick disconnects and a 2.20 Ohm 1/2 Watt resistor. Use some shrink sleeving if you would like to add some protection to the resistor. It is kind of flimsy and small.

Last edited:
Back