• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec JGTC Parallel Fitment Question

I just installed mine and the right side is higher than the left by about a half an inch. :confused: I have the '02 valance and am concerned it will rub and possibly melt the plastic. Anyone else notice this? I tried loostening the bolts to the cats but it didn't help. I also have the D/C sports headers with bellows that allow it to adjust some but the rubber hangers seem to prevent it from changing the fitup. I will post pics tomorrow when its light out.

Should I try to bend the rods that the hangers attach to? I am not very happy with the overall fitment. What a dissapointment.:frown:

might not be the exhaust?

My Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust fit near-perfectly on my '91 NSX w/ stock exhaust-manifolds/cats' & w/o compromise on my current '94 NSX w/ Comptech-Sport headers w/ stock cats' (in terms of spatial-orientation). Both were w/ the '91-'01 rear-valance.

Ojas had the Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust on his '91 NSX w/ DC-Sports headers & stock cats'. He acquired another one for his '99 Zanardi NSX w/ Comptech-Sport headers. The fitment was unremarkable & w/o fault on both (literally dead-center), which were w/ the '91-'01 rear-valance.

I'm thinkin' you might have some 'play' w/ yours, perhaps fidgeting the rubber-thingies on the hangers might work, or your hangers and/or "rods" might be ever-so slightly off -or- mebbe' something's amiss w/ the after-market cats' that you have...(?)

Once you get it right, it'll be all smiles. Be patient my friend, it's worth it. This is the most bad-@ss NSX exhaust, period... :D

Last edited:
Did you have to do anything to the heat shield above it? Mine was rubbing a tiny bit so I had to use a rubber mallet to persuade it to leave a little more room also.

I assume that all 4 rubber dogbone thingies are all the same, so I am not sure how it can't be related to the exhaust. I am planning to try to fiddle with it some more, just wanted to find out if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks

heat-shield adjustment. . .

Big_D... funny you mention the heat-shield! When I was swapping the exhaust from my previous NSX, I noticed some scorched material on the passenger-side of the JGTC Parallel exhaust, obviously some heat-shield material I reckon. This was back in mid November '08. I have to check a few things tomorrow (reinstall my Downforce AIS scoop, check my rear-toe settings to see why tires are mince-meat, etc') so I'll take a looksy underneath & report back to you.

Did you just install your after-market cats' / headers, or was the previous exhaust properly aligned/oriented w/ them & the '02+ rear-valance?

I had the headers with stock cats and a R/M exhaust with the 91-01 valance. I just recently installed the 02 valance, the cats, and the JGTC exhaust.

I had a clue on the heat shield because on the SOS website it mentions that you may need to modify it for proper clearance.

wow, lotsa' variables...

I just recently installed the 02 valance, the cats, and the JGTC exhaust...
Okie, so the variables at-hand are plausibly the after-market cats' & the JGTC Parallel exhaust (not to say the previous RM exhaust might've been off-kilter slightly and/or the hanger attachment points underneath as well, since it's more difficult to notice any subtle skewed-orientation of the exhaust w/ the '91-'01 rear-valance). . .

Whatever you do, don't lose faith or confidence in the JGTC Parallel exhaust. Trust me on this! :D

(it'll sound divine w/ your after-market headers & freer-flowing cats')

Last edited:
Okay I got this issue resolved. :smile:

First I loosened up the bolts at the cats. Then I had to bend the rear passenger exhaust hanger rod up towards the heat shield. I also replaced the fwd passenger side rubber hanger with a longer one that I found at the auto parts store. Afterwards, I tightened up all the bolts again. It sits pretty level now.

I took a test drive and was surprised on how this exhaust rumbles. It sounds like an airplane going into a dive...a little raspy and alot louder than my R/M exhaust. I knew it would be a little louder than the R/M but WOW:eek:.

Hey Dennis -

I had a similar issue when I installed the GTLW on my old car...what did it for me was having a friend handy to hold/pull on a side while I tightened the exhaust nuts. This technique eliminated a noticeable gap from my 1st shot at the install and had held up for the remainder of my time with the car (additional 3yrs or so).

I'm sure you'll love the exhaust...I heard one with test pipes (Bryan from VA) and it sounds incredible.

RJ

Hey Dennis -

I had a similar issue when I installed the GTLW on my old car...what did it for me was having a friend handy to hold/pull on a side while I tightened the exhaust nuts. This technique eliminated a noticeable gap from my 1st shot at the install and had held up for the remainder of my time with the car (additional 3yrs or so).

I'm sure you'll love the exhaust...I heard one with test pipes (Bryan from VA) and it sounds incredible.

RJ

Thanks RJ! It looks great now. It is just incredibly loud! I didn't expect that is would be as loud as it is. I am not sure if my hi flow cats contribute to that but hey, I am running with it.

Back