• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Talked to a retired Porsche dealer

I stopped by Niello Acura/Porsche today to get a new air filter for my NSX. (By the way, there is a 03' Red NSX with tan interior in the showroom) As I was backing out of the parking lot, an older gentleman asked me how I liked the car (NSX). I told him it was the perfect car, for me anyway.

He told me he was a retired Porsche dealer (26 years (?))and now only drives Acura's/Honda's. He knows the real cost of owning a Porsche and it was outrageous for what Porsche owners pay even for the simplest of maintenance (and there is a lot of maintenance). He was considering buying an NSX but thought he'd ask me how I felt about them.

He asked me a little about what kind of maintenance I'd done and other things one asks before considering buying a car. He seemed very interested. Anyway, that's it. I just thought it was interesting that here was a man who knows what Porsches are, and yet his ultimate decision is Honda ;) .

P.S.

He was driving a Civic.

It was obviously the Brooklands Green Pearl that drew him in to your car....as it usually does :p
Aaron

hahha... it's not easy being green. :p

interesting story Litesokneecough.. i was recently talking to a Porsche guy and he complained at the amount of fuel they go through. :confused: in his words, "they drink".

I was at Niello today too around noon. I was picking the 3M goodies for NSXPO 2003 that the regional 3M sales rep donated ......... I introduced him to the crew at Niello, Vince was there as well as Larry and Mike. He was quite happy with the introductions, and I was right there capitalizing on this and squeezing for more goodies ........... ;)

whatever...

He needs to stay retired. Porsche has completely changed every vehicle in their lineup over the last 4-5 years. The cars are as reliable as a Honda. I know. I own one (996) and am very active in PCA.

I have actually had more problems with my 3.5RL over the last three years than my 911.

EDR

NeoNSX said:
hahha... it's not easy being green. :p

interesting story Litesokneecough.. i was recently talking to a Porsche guy and he complained at the amount of fuel they go through. :confused: in his words, "they drink".

My 2002 996 TT gets 20-22mpg in mixed driving, about the same as my NSX.

Animate said:
Yea, we have to beat them off with a stick :D

My friends roll their eyes when I tell them I chose green because I thought it would make my car less noticeable. It is rather green in the Pacific Northwest.

reinhart: You are not alone. I didn't start out looking specifically for green , however when I found mine I considered it's ability to blend in an advantage. Now I know that an NSX doesn't really blend into traffic, but I think green is less striking than some other colors.

Surprising how tastes can change, as a teenager I did yellow and red flames on a few of my cars. I probably would have even liked that Fast and Furious NSX....errr, scratch that. I don't want to be forcibly removed from Prime. :D

I'm way off topic here, so back to Porsche. I'm in autoX tomorrow that's hosted in part by our local Porsche club. I don't know much about their cost of ownership, but they do stir my soul. I hope to own one somewhere along the way...

Back