• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa top mounting

I am looking for an NSX and I had sat in a 2005 T and had a problem with headroom because the mounting point "bump" for the top was just behind my head. I thought I was going to have to with a coupe...but today I checked out a 1998 T and I had no problem. The mounting point for the top was smaller and located right at the edge of the top and my headroom was fine. So I am wondering...what year did the mounting position change? It will help me alot in finding a car that I can fit comfortably.

They should be the same. I know of no change from the 98 to the 05 in that regard.

Perhaps the seat adjustment was different? Seat adjustment/position can change the perspective quite a bit.

I would have to agree. It could be possible the older car had a more worn seat and the 05 could have been firm. In my 02, i also use to hit my head, just take the entire seat cushion out. It literally pulls the whole bottom up. Now not only do i fit with almost 3 more inches up top, but feel like a racing bucket seat because of the high bolsters and low seating, about a fem cm off the floor of the car :)

Back