• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tasmanian NSX's ?

Greetings from L.A. California. Anyway, I was just wondering if there's an NSX scene in Tasmania ? Also, is Tasmania considered fully "Australian" in regards to national culture, identity, etc......I've read alot of stuff on Errol Flynn, and he is frequently referred to as Australian, even though he was born in Hobart.

I think there's about half a dozen NSXs in Tasmania but not really an active community, at least not here on Prime.

Tasmania is a fully-fledged Australian state and is one of Australia's oldest settlements, originating over 200 years ago as a British penal colony between the founding of what are now Australia's two largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne.

hi,
I am West Australian but I am glad that OzzieJohn quickly confirmed the status of 'Tassie'. Tasmanians get a bit twitchy when a map of Australia is drawn without the little triangle at the bottom! Besides, it is probably the best place in Australia to whistle around in an NSX, both for the roads and the scenery.
Annie

Mike san,
If you are going to Tassie, then you will find some magnificent driving roads. Google "Targa Tasmania" and check out the annual road race held on these great roads. Remember to "keep left":biggrin:

I'm originally a Tasmanian. But have since moved to Queensland.

BTW A NSX won the First Targa Tasmania in 1992 & again in 1993 driven by Greg Crick.

I'm told there are 6 NSX's in Tasmania but I had only ever seen 1 It was light purple metalic (Auto) a rare colour!

well well, I have Tasmanian roots too, although I don't mean that in the Errol Flynn sense....:rolleyes: since we moved out when I was just 9 y.o. for Sydney. A long story since then but now in Adelaide.

Whilst we're mentioning those NSX wins in the first two Targa in the early 90's ..... in one of those a Porsche 968 (front engine, rear drive/gearbox, 3 litre 4 cylinder, 176kW) driven by Jim Richards / Barry Oliver came second after Crick's NSX passed them late in the event.

As an aside I owned a 968 before the NSX and drove it in Targa 2008. Highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a real drive where you focus on the corner not the police, and of course do it in your NSX !

Last edited:
wow, they have cars in Tasmania now???

I would have to agree -- Tasmania would be one of the best places in Australia to drive an NSX. Loads of twisty roads and the scenery is nothing short of stunning. And as for wineglass bay........*speechless*

but seriously, they have cars in Tassie??? :p :D :D :D j/k

Back