• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tcs blinking after lowering car

hi,i have just put on coilovers and lower the car a bit more ,b4 this coilovers i
"had bilstein with lowering springs" with bilstein the tcs was NOT flashing when i give some throttle, but with my new coilovers and have been lowering it a bit more then b4 now when i test the car the tcs will blink when giving throttle, if i turn off the tcs funktion then the car work fine, its only tcs that blink nothing else, can this problem be due to that i lowering the car a bit more ? i also use 19/18" combo wheels

Best regards //M

Last edited:
Lowering the car shouldn't affect TCS, but wheel size does. Did you change the wheel size at the same time you lowered the car? You could have damaged a wheel speed sensor when you installed the new suspension.

Lowering the car shouldn't affect TCS, but wheel size does. Did you change the wheel size at the same time you lowered the car? You could have damaged a wheel speed sensor when you installed the new suspension.

yes, b4 i lowered i had bilstein lowered spring on, i run the car with 17/18" combo and 18/19" combo with street tires, now i have 18/19" combos with r compound, im new to hondas/nsx, have allways drive nissan b4 , but i think i read something about a diagnos test with jumping some connection in front of passanger side, i will test and see,

but were can i find info about what the code sequense says/means

//M

You can find the trouble codes under the DIY forum here. Do a search under "trouble codes". If you're not getting a check engine light you may not pull any codes. A quick diagnostic may be to put the other wheels back on and see if that solves the problem.

mojje read this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Wheel-Tech-Aftermarket

The front to rear ratio of your tire diameters is off by too much and is setting off the TCS system- it has nothing to do with lowering. Your front tire is 25.1 inches and your rear tire is 25.3 inches, so your rear tire is only 1.8% larger than the front. According to the Wiki, for a 91-93 car, your ratio should be between 2.7% and 12.7%. You need either a smaller front tire or a larger rear.

mojje read this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Wheel-Tech-Aftermarket

The front to rear ratio of your tire diameters is off by too much and is setting off the TCS system- it has nothing to do with lowering. Your front tire is 25.1 inches and your rear tire is 25.3 inches, so your rear tire is only 1.8% larger than the front. According to the Wiki, for a 91-93 car, your ratio should be between 2.7% and 12.7%. You need either a smaller front tire or a larger rear.

yes it seems like that, i was just reading that thread, but it dosent matter
for now i dont use the tcs on track driving anyway the tcs is to slow i go faster without it, but i wanted to know what was wrong and now i have,
ty you prime ppl for all good answers //M

265/30/19 rear 225/40/18 front

Change the fronts to 215/35/18 and your problem will go away.

225/40/18 is ridiculously big. :eek: It probably looks like you have offroad tires on your NSX!!!

its the smallest size in 18" that toyo r888 and yokohama A048 is made in , if there was a 225/35-18 or 215 /35-18 i would buy it direct ,i use my car on track and street and i dont want to spend money on extra setup rims/tires ;)

and it dosent looks so bad :)

Back