• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS LIGHT/ Wrong tire size?

Maybe someone out there can help me out. If I have 275x35x18 on the rear what size tire do I need in front (on 17"rim) to put the TCS back inside the parameters? I have 235x40x17 on there now and the light comes on about 75% of the time duting medium to hard acceleration. Also....does the TCS track speed of the front only or the rear or both? Any help would be appreciated.
Make the light stop!!!!!....

I'm surprised you can fit a 235/40 in there - did you have to remove the fender liner? How wide are your rims?
215/40 is typical fitment on an NSX front with 8x17 wheels & this should not give you any TCS problems directly with those size rears, unless there is another cause to the problem.

TCS operates based on differences in rotation rate between the front and the rear.

While I am not so sure that your sizes should set off TCS, I too recommend getting 215/40-17 for front tires.

What year is your car? What brand and model of tire are you using?

Thanks for your replies. The falken F451's 235/40/17's on the 8 do rub on the fender lining when going around sharp corners but I can temp. deal with that. I will be trying a set of 215's when they come in at the tire store and see if they will keep the TCS light off. The car is a '91 . Thanks again for your input.

Falken tires are also notorious for being significantly larger than other brands of tire in the exact same size. That means that even when you are asking for a specific size, how big they are is something of a crapshoot.

Back