• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tein RA rebuild questions...I tried searching, but didn't get the answers I'm needing

So, I purchased some Tein RA's from a member of the forum, and, unfortunately for me, he either doesn't know what "there aren't any problems with them" means, or he's dishonest, one of the two because I have a front shock that is blown and was like that from the first bump I hit after installation.

SO

What I'm needing to find out are the following:

Have any of you ever gone through having RA's rebuilt? (Of course there are people that have, but are they reading this?)

If so, did you have to send them to Japan like I'm reading you have to?

What all did you have to have fixed and how long did it take?

...and MOST importantly...

Was there an English speaking contact over there that can be gotten a hold of about the work being done BEFORE they do it and charge you?

I'm very worried about how the process works and if they're just going to disassemble everything and replace whatever they want and just send me some enormous bill before I ever even get to know what was wrong in the first place and how much it's supposed to cost to have fixed.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Back