• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tennessee Meet (March) Tail of the Dragon

Even though the weather was not great, I still had a nice time. It's always fun for me to see a group of NSXs (dirty or not). I'm glad everyone did not bail at the last minute on account of the weather. Just think, Blade drove 900 miles (each way) for this!!! He is a true NSXer in my book.

James

Last edited:
Had a great time and really appreciate the NSX's letting the Elises as well as my brother in the 350Z tag along!

Rathemacher did have a few break downs on our trip. He blew a Coolant hose about an hour from Cherokee late Friday afternoon/night and we spent 3.5 hours driving back and forth from an auto parts store about 10 minutes away buying everything from a socket set to a replacement coolant hose. Well, as close as a Buick hose can be to a NSX coolant hose:biggrin:! We made it work, however he did blow it off again after doing some drive-by's. Luckily we just retightend it and he made it home without a hitch!!!

Thanks Mirrorshades for putting up with us! We had a great time driving/hanging with you! Until next time....

The signature pic:
DSC05700.jpg

Our Group - Minus Mirrorshades:
DSC05688.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05693.jpg

DSC05701.jpg

DSC05685.jpg

DSC05684.jpg

DSC05689.jpg

DSC05683.jpg

DSC05696.jpg

DSC05690.jpg

DSC05712.jpg

Hi; After looking at the pictures I'm sorry I bailed out on you guys. I was at the Crossroads mall for breakfast, and as it was still raining at 8:30 and I had no rain gear, I decided to head for home. By the time I got to I81 there was no more rain and by afternoon it was very pleasant. I did drive "The Dragon" on Friday morning. Awesome! Sorry to have missed everyone. Howard

God I wish it hadn't been so long since I'd gotten on these forums. I'm at school at UT and would have loved to have come and driven with yall. I did my 1st Tail of the Dragon run a month ago and had a blast. The tennspeed.net forums will be up there next weekend (April 12-13) and I'm sure if a bunch of NSX's rolled up half the forum members would shit themselves, lol. Maybe some of yall can make it, we'll be up there all day Saturday and Sunday, there's also a Rotary Rally meeting up there too.

WOW...after viewing the video footage of that drive, all I can say is WOW!!!!
I had no idea what an unbelievable experience the Dragon really is!
I'm dumbfounded :confused:, excited :biggrin:, somewhat apprehensive :eek: and totally amazed :tongue: all at the same time.
And you guys drove it wet - HOLY CRAP!
I dunno if I'd have the skills/balls (you know what I mean) to attempt it. Remember, I am a woman driver :wink:

Thanks to everyone for posting pics/videos.
Maybe we can meet up in Nashville sometime soon to prep me for the Dragon!!!

~sus

-clip-
And you guys drove it wet - HOLY CRAP!
I dunno if I'd have the skills/balls (you know what I mean) to attempt it. Remember, I am a woman driver :wink:
-c;ip-
~sus

Wish you could have joined us. Great fun seeing the string of cars winding along the road. That's what makes it easier as well. You watch what the guy/gal in front of you is doing and use their eyes to see around the corner for you. Match their speed and, unless you do something excessive or they run off the road, you're fine.

Paul

Wish you could have joined us. Great fun seeing the string of cars winding along the road. That's what makes it easier as well. You watch what the guy/gal in front of you is doing and use their eyes to see around the corner for you. Match their speed and, unless you do something excessive or they run off the road, you're fine.

Paul

Yea, I guess you're right.
I can't believe I'm admitting this but in Austin, our group used to drive this one road that's pretty twisty/turny and you could see an OBVIOUS break in the string starting with me and then all the cars behind me. :redface: At one time, the cars behind me actually slowed down so that they could drive and I wouldn't slow them down too much-pretty embarrassing!!
The good thing is that that was several years ago so I'm a much better, more confident driver now.

Sorry for the late pics:

1. driving up with Nick in his Evo
2. A Semi with the Honda Logo driving next to me.
3 Comtec's sexy smurfette
5. Sum ugly black car
6. B&W

Attachments

• DSC00269.jpg
    DSC00269.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00272.jpg
    DSC00272.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00278.jpg
    DSC00278.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 38
some more:

1. Comtec
2. Deb (perhaps thinking of new rims on her car?)
3. James and Nick (perhaps having a romantic moment while admiring the view?)
4. Tried to take a scenic pic while driving.
5. TitaniumVtec

Attachments

• DSC00279.jpg
    DSC00279.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00280.jpg
    DSC00280.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Nick & Jame's Romantic moment.jpg
    Nick & Jame's Romantic moment.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00285.jpg
    DSC00285.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 40
Lastly:

1. Comtec's Gorgeous NSX kept making me look in my rear view mirror so I just took the picture.
2. My View
3. Nice view
4. Craving for Blue Berries and Speed
5. One last shot of the dirty blade mobile

Attachments

• DSC00289.jpg
    DSC00289.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00296.jpg
    DSC00296.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00300.jpg
    DSC00300.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00301.jpg
    DSC00301.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00299.jpg
    DSC00299.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 39
The next time there's a meet, I suggest going from Maryville up Montvale road to Happy Valley then to 129, it dumps you out at Lake Chillhowee at the boat dock. This is where the Dragon starts. and the Montvale/Happy Valley way gives you some great roads, as good as the Dragon in some spots. I went up there myself yesterday, it was great weather.:smile:

I only saw one red NSX, doesn't anyone else like that color?

Red is by far one of the higher production colors. Well, that and black. Usually a get together like this would result in 45% red, 45% black and a few of the rest. White being the best color of course. :biggrin:

See, if you would have shown up we would of had two red cars. Next time for sure, right??

When's the next one? Just curious if you've ever gone the Montvale/Happy Valley way?

I don't see as many red ones for sale in the classified section, I guess people like to hang onto those more so than the other colors.

When's the next one?

I am working on the next Tennessee Meet but it won't be at the Dragon. To be fair to everyone it's better if we keep it moving between different areas of the state.

Look for an announcement in the next few days.

Cheers

Back