• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Drove the New TL Today

I'm not a big fan of the new 6 speed TL, though I have never driven the CL-S 6 speed, so I really don't have any base line to comparing it. I hate the shifter, I would like it to be a little bit more direct feel. The clutch... both my dad and me had the problem to get used to that, could be the car I test droved didn't have enough break-in. I'm also very disappointed with the Brembo brakes too. Torque Steer is quite a problem for this generation and those so called performance Michellin doesn't help either. (I test drove the A-spec.)

Then we took the Automatic TL out without the A spec package, it's obviously slower but it's a lot more balanced, in wet cornering, I was able to "hauling" all four tires with 5 people in the car, and it poses a mind understeer while even a little bit of backing the throttle up will bring the rear end out and tighten the line... I'm impressed.

Well, I guessed I'm biased since I was driving my X there to test drive... Heck, I didn't even like the Evo8 for a bit... oh well.

I think the rear-drive (or all-drive) Infiniti G35 should also be considered.

At some point, Acura's going to need to deal with the lack of RWD as the power levels increase.

If it were my own money, I'd go for the G35 over the TL too. The interior isn't as nice, but it feels nicer (and quicker) overall than the TL.

The TL felt extremely front-heavy when I drove it. Lots of power though...

Back