• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Testing at Mid Ohio...

wow.....why not start an "I hate the NSX" thread. It's like people cant post fast enough about what they hate.

Personally, I'm actually glad that they showed off what they did (a working, driveable mule). It now offers us some insight into how the car is progressing. Up till now, there really wasn't much information. There were a number of speculations, but nothing tangible from Honda/Acura.

Overall I'm rather pleased with how the car looks, though I must say that in the current race trim it doesn't really "capture" my soul like the original did when I saw it for the first time. Now I believe the difference in my perception is that I didn't actually see the original NSX until it was in the showroom of the local dealership. The few who have actually seen the car at the autoshows have mentioned that the car is apparently quite striking in person and I do hope that they are indeed correct.

I truly thought I'd never see a running version of the new NSX. I LIKE IT!!!

I was there, I'm very happy with it. Like most things in life don't pass judgement on it until you experience it. Seriously looked amazing on the track. So sleek. Reminded me of the original pop up headlight cars coming down the end of the straight. Sounded (Loud) but awesome. Sounded like a J series with straight pipes. It'such deeper than the striker motor 3.5's we have been around.

So did it not lap??

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so far this is all I could find

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1qRQFALFW-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that's all the speed that it can do?

Sounds like an underpowered rice rocket compared to the Nissan V6

I don't know if it was discussed earlier but, after seeing the multiple videos on the new NSX, I'm not convinced the mule has the drive train being developed in Japan. It sounded like a 3.5 with Angus exhaust and test pipes. Which wouldn't be unusual. If I remember accurately, the original 1990 mule had an Integra or Legend V6 while they tweaked the chassis and suspension. It still sounded bad a$$ anyway.

If you control-copy the white car, chop it, stretch it, slam it, and paste, it will look at the blue car.
Oh, its already here.

Sure the new car can be a great, fast sports/race car but V6 doesn't sound sexy, we all have one. F1 V6 turbo...who knows? big maybe?? Whats wrong with detune the HSV V-10 or even chop a couple cyl. off, keep the dry-sump, it will sound way better and more exotic to compete w/ Audi/Porsche/etc.
If they really are using R8/MP12-4C as a bench mark, I doubt they gonna put a V6....and what, soup up the E-motors?

Yep, HSC w/ a detuned v10/v8 is muy bien. Anybody knows someone who needs a 100% healthy, toxin-free kidney?

Last edited:
Sorry, but what the hell is that lineup of S2000s doing there? Quite a snub to the NSX community...

I think they like to use converts for the fans to be able to see the drivers better , sometimes even sitting above the seat...plus the s2k's have the proper badge:wink: now they could have tapped the local nsx community for targa cars as long as the drivers were willing to let the drivers sit on the rear roof/hatch area.

I saw this car at the Honda 200 yesterday. It looks like a sexier version of the R8 with the sound of a NSX. I'm ready to get one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKBYCpGMo8
dont know if this is a re-post but this promotional video was just released today. :)
Anyone notice that in this promotional video (29 & 30 sec mark), the headlights droop down in the corners a bit like the current TSX ... whereas the videos of the car at mid Ohio show a more rectangular look similar to the concept variations?

Anyone notice that in this promotional video (29 & 30 sec mark), the headlights droop down in the corners a bit like the current TSX ... whereas the videos of the car at mid Ohio show a more rectangular look similar to the concept variations?

The headlight of the prototype matches the overall shape of the light assembly on the concept. It is just the details that are missing. On the concept, the headlights are rectangular, but there is another light, possibly the turn signal indicator, below it.

headlight.jpg

Back