• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks DanO and some ride height questions

Hello all,

Happy New year.

I just replaced front wheel studs, front and rear brake rotors, front and rear brake pads, removed the front splash guards, replaced stock air deflectors with Dali air deflectors, replaced the brake fluid with ATE blue, bleed the brakes, and touched up the calipers with high temp paint. I want to thank DanO for his excellent guides for all of this, made the procedure easy and fun.

While I was under the car I noticed the damage to both fender liners/covers, the front bumper skirt, and front spoiler. I have ordered all new parts from Acura Carland and will replace all these parts.

The previous owner had the car quite low. So low that he really torn the front end up badly. He had replaced the stock shocks and springs. Currently it has Eibach springs sitting on coilover revalved Bilsteins by Shocktek.

I am currently trying to contact the previous owner as to what he had Shocktek do on the revalve. I suspect it was to make it so he could really lower the car without bottoming the shock out.

I raised the car back up quite a bit. 2 and 1/2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the back(I know I need to get realignment.) It is now sitting at 6 and 1/8 inch front stock 6.7 to 7.1 inches front. Both sides with me in driver seat. The rears are at 8 and 1/8 stock 8.4 to 8.9 inches both sides in back with me in it. Aside from corner balancing is setting the ride height this way okay? Also any thoughts or comments on the springs/shocks?
By the way the shocks are adjustable and I have turned the shocks out one turn from the bottom which makes the car much easier to drive on bumps. They had been cranked to as firm as they could be. The car seems to drive and handle much better now.

Thanks,

Michael

Don't know if this helps, but...

I lowered my car 1 inch (from stock 1992 ride height) when I had my TEIN suspension put on. The alignment guy had a hard time dialing out the camber, especially in the rear. Just know, that lowering to car too much will force you to run lots of negative camber (which will eat tires). You may be ok with this if you track the car alot like me.

Back