• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The 2010 World Cup football thread

Anyone have a good link for the denmark game.. my normal site's link is not working only the dutch! :frown:

I have a Sprint HTC Hero, and I'm able to stream the games live using SprintTV.
That's how I've watched a few of the games at work, although I haven't been using it lately.
It's decent, except the sound/commentary is ahead of the video, so I hear a goal before I see it get scored, lol.

Land of the Rising Sun gets through. They looked very "tough" today against the Danes. Who ..... other than HONDA gets another strike today and could have had more, but unselfishly passed it to a teammate for the score. I like Japan's discipline, much like the Germans. Paraguay next. :cool:

They just had trouble putting the ball in the back of the net.

Stephen

That's the same problem England is having; can't score. Rooney better get off his ass if they want to beat Germany on Sunday. :eek:

Brazil vs portugal has some high level play.

Brazil vs portugal has some high level play.

That game wasn't good IMO. Worst game I've seen this world cup. Ok, expections were high, Portugal Brazil, both already qualified (well, Portugal not 100% but them losing and Ivory Coast scoring 9 goals .. ) so everyone expected them to play for the gallery, try something new in the offense. Play offensive, hell.. at least try to look motivated but they did none of it.

//Well knockout stages start tomorrow, guaranteed to see goals in those games. :tongue:

Last edited:
Congrats to Spain and nice that they topped their bracket and dont have to play Brasil in the elimination round.

That game wasn't good IMO. Worst game I've seen this world cup. Ok, expections were high, Portugal Brazil, both already qualified (well, Portugal not 100% but them losing and Ivory Coast scoring 9 goals .. ) so everyone expected them to play for the gallery, try something new in the offense. Play offensive, hell.. at least try to look motivated but they did none of it.

//Well knockout stages start tomorrow, guaranteed to see goals in those games. :tongue:

Just because a game ends scoreless dos'nt mean the game was boring.Imo(of the few matches i have seen) the best solo ball handling and passing was performed during this game.I know that the sum of a team should be better than the individuals playing but there are some amazing mutants on both teams ,,I was impressed.

Congrats to Spain and nice that they topped their bracket and dont have to play Brasil in the elimination round.

As if it would've mattered.. :tongue:. It'll just be a wider margin of victory against Portugal. Right Nuno! :tongue:

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
They had a Miraculous Run!

very close game but we again started slow gave up the early goal. the second half we were strong then kinda lost some speed in overtime:frown: Still though congratulations to our team for a valient effort at least you really put soccer on the front page for americans.

very close game but we again started slow gave up the early goal. the second half we were strong then kinda lost some speed in overtime:frown: Still though congratulations to our team for a valient effort at least you really put soccer on the front page for americans.

We missed you today at the great River Run. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics for you to enjoy. Got home in time to see the strike by Ghana that gave them the lead. "uhg!"
Should have taken the longest route home. :frown:

I had to work, so dvr'd the game......:frown:

I already told you what WILL be waiting for you here, when you come in a month or so....and to look good next to my NSX, i already told you that it will be a ALUMINIUM one :tongue:

... i will even have your name written on it :biggrin:

As if it would've mattered.. :tongue:. It'll just be a wider margin of victory against Portugal. Right Nuno! :tongue:

We, England, were so just robbed of that goal:mad::frown::mad:

Bad call, you're right ............. but it wouldn't have mattered. The German kids were hungrier, more disciplined, young and fresh. Our guys looked old and tired today. Too bad. :frown::frown: It sucks!
Anyway, now that England goes home, I can totally concentrate on winning some $$ with Germany, as they were my pick when all this started, to win it all. :smile:

I'm proud of the US team, but they let me down yesterday.

It seemed like they gave up near the end of the game.

Back