• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"The Crocodile Hunter" Killed

Just found out that Steve Irwin aka "The Crocodile Hunter" has died... CRIKEY!!!

Steve was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest and reportedly into his heart whilst filming a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland.

Article

Video

Obituary

Re: sigh

Osiris_x11 said:
I'm still in shock.

0,,5234939,00.jpg

Yeah, who would think this guy would be killed by a wild animal?

crikey is an understatement!! holy moses!!!
i'm in shock!!

my heart goes out to australia :[
better days are ahead.

This is very sad. I think he was an amazing talent and did a great job educating people on animals.

I wish the best for his wife and kids.

Man his death is mentioned everywhere... He was loved by people all over the world... R.I.P. Crocodile hunter!

:frown:WOW!:eek: I'm still in awe:eek: I use to say things like it was funny when he got bit, or I would like to see a croc get him one day. BUT I NEVER MEANT DEATH:frown: But how true, at least he died doing what he loved:frown:
R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

This is very sad.

Rest In Peace. :(

This reminds me of Timothy Treadwell - a bear lover who ventured into bear territory and lived naturally among them despite advice against it. Timothy Treadwell ended up getting killed and eaten by the bears he so loved.

This definitely reinforces the mantra that today could be your last day on earth - live life to the fullest.

NeoNSX said:
What's really sad is he left a wife and two kids behind.

I loved watching the guy but I think it is for this reason that he should have had a more conservative approach to handling the animals. Now his two kids are fatherless.

RIP.

saw a news headliner that caught my eye "crocodile hunder killed" while at lucky strikes last night... it really caught my attention... and realized that there was a 99% chance it was probably while on work... truly sad... RIP

Really sad. Because of him I have a great interest in reptiles... he taught me that snakes are not to be feared but admired and taught me to respect wildlife. He was an inspiration, I am forunate to have learned alot from in in his short time...

:frown: :frown: :frown:

Glad he was doing what he loved

def a sad day....it sure is a shame RIP.. I'm sure his little boy will grow up to be just like him.

Crikey!!!:mad: I can't believe it!!! How ironic is it that he was killed by one of the least deadly animals he has ever worked with:confused: He will be missed and hard to replace...One of my favorite personalities ever...

R.I.P Steve

A horrible loss. Anyone that works to make the public aware of animals and to educate them about animals is special. Next to Steve's family, the animal kingdom suffered the biggest loss.

People are struck by stingrays all the time and rarely die. Unfortunately Steve got nailed right in the heart. :(

Learn more about stingrays. And here on Wiki.

Anyone here ever been to Stingray City, Grand Cayman?

NsXMas said:
This definitely reinforces the mantra that today could be your last day on earth - live life to the fullest.

:frown:

Every moment he was with animals it's clear that he was indeed doing just that. I don't think anyone could love what they did more. He had an extraordinary childlike excitement and truly was living his dream working with and saving animals and educating people about all the wonderful species on the planet.

I'm sure that even though danger was a part of his life he wouldn't have wanted to live any other way. His passion was not only studying the animals but being close to them too.

Perhaps he should have been more careful but, for example, policemen and firefighters don't necessarily retire when they have children either.

It's a terrible loss but if it were my father I would have been proud when I grew up to understand the kind of man he was, how he lived his life and what he did for so many animals and people. :smile:

Back