• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Drivers Edge Nov. 15-16, 2003 Pictures

Great pics - it looks like you guys had a great time. These shots let the rest of us live vicariously through you!

Actually, if I'm going to live vicariously thru anyone, it's probably going to be Single Samurai or Zman!!:p

I believe Ritesh, like myself and a few others, pushed hard enough to get baptized by little grassy off-track excursions.

As one users signature puts it: if you don't test the edge, you won't know where it is.

attachment.php

That preylude is tizyte! He musta been hella fast. ;)

F20C loaded kit car.
fa871e26.jpg

Another fast one
fa871bcf.jpg

Ritesh after going agricultural
fa871955.jpg

My in car videos:
Honda meets grassy knoll
All Ritesh saw were taillights :)

Nick,

glad u got a pic of the Ultralite S2k. That thing was incredible. 1379 lbs with full tank of gas, s2000 engine, and 6 spd.:eek:
hope to see u at other events in Tx.

btw, your video links don't work.

NSXLuvr said:
Shameless plug for friends car 2

Thanks for the plug--I always knew you were shameless! Nice to see you again and meet Dean--what a great weekend. The weather worked in our favor, the track was fun, the food was, well, food...

mini driver

Ritesh

Thanks for putting my little mini up with the big dogs! Makes me feel proud to be an american. John, happy to see your ride also!

Dean

Great pics and looks like you guys had a great time. And I'm loving that GT40 out there too.

Ritesh (am I spelling that right or is it Retesh?) and Dean, are you thinking about going to the March TWS or the April MSR events? I think am going to try to make both. It looks like Nick will be there!!! John

Boy, those replies were quick- u guys must have too much free time----- oh yes I remember, the freedom of being a single man!

John- how did u do last wknd at MSR? How was it going cw. I talked to paul(blue 911 turbo) and he said that it was little too hairy for him(ofcourse he drives like a prof. racer). He said that little bend(?) can be dangerous b/c of the amount of speed you are carrying from big bend.

If I can hold out, then I plan on doing March(TWS) and Apr(MSR). Then again, 3 months without being on the track could send me in serious withdrawls. I may just signup for Feb. at MSR. Racing, oops I mean DRIVING when its 30 degrees might not be too fun.

Nah, who am I kidding. ITS ALWAYS fun, Fun, FUN!!!

come on guys(u central tx boys who think they own a pseudo ferrari(garage queen)). U gotta make it to the track next season. There is nothing like a wknd of Sportscars, guys, drinking(water ofcourse) :D and sleep deprivation.

ok i'm done now.:p

Thanks for the link. I'm planning on being at TWS March 6 & 7.

Mark, We all know your NSX is not a garage queen.
icon14.gif
You have 2 days until 12/15/03: I know that's enough time for you to accumulate another 800 miles for an even 30K miles in 6 month of ownership. Don't let me down! :)

NSXLuvr said:
John- how did u do last wknd at MSR? How was it going cw. I talked to paul(blue 911 turbo) and he said that it was little too hairy for him(ofcourse he drives like a prof. racer). He said that little bend(?) can be dangerous b/c of the amount of speed you are carrying from big bend.

First, it was cold--like 26 degrees in the morning and windy. It was really, really cold.

Second, it was a lot of fun--but then I am in a rally car!!! You come down the front straight and hit big bend fast, carry a lot of speed on the back side (the double corner you do as a single turn CW, too). The problem then becomes coming over a blind hill into a hard breaking zone, down hill, with a very late apex turn--and it is off camber! Crazy (but fun).

The rest seemed pretty basic until you get into the entry of rattlesnake, and then you need to find a good line--and I think everyone was different. My line seemed to work best by taking it in deep, turning in sharp to go straight through the first two turns, breaking hard and deep and whipping it around to exit as straight as possible to extend the front straight as long as you can. The problem is the entry is down hill and if you go too fast you wreak your entry and the whole series is off and you have a Miata on your butt!

I am officially signed up for March TWS and April MSR! Should be a good time.

Cheers! John

Re: gee, you never know...

Nsx Service Girl said:
That you will make a track junkie out of someone when you drag them out the first time. John, I'm just so freakin' proud. Now if we could only get you an NSX!
kisses,
Susan

Hey Susan--I will absolutely say that YOU are the cause of all this. And I never did get the supercharger for the TL-S! I need to get you in the STi for a ride--you won't believe it! John

Well after all that screaming about fun, Fun, FUN - I knew this was going to happen: I wont make it the march TWS event afterall. Got a wedding in Houston. I tried to get out of it but alas, no luck:(

So, hope u guys have fun. will definetly try make it apr event

Back