• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally here

The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally here

While I'm waiting for the new stuff we got going at SEMA to show up,
we have the new Dali-Racing Brake Big® Brake kit (front) ready to ship:

racing-brake-4-pot-2-piece-rotor.image.jpg

Product Highlights:
  1. Features the Racing Brake 4pot aluminum caliper and their 2 piece race rotors
  2. Fits under the OEM 16" rims with just a 5mm spacer = 4mm spoke clearance
  3. Total kit weight is far less than the OEM brake set
  4. Almost 4 pounds less rotating mass per wheel = faster acceleration
  5. caliper, pads, mounting bracket, bolts and SS lines weigh in at 8.90 lbs.

:biggrin: so with the rotor/hat weight coming in at 12.18lbs, the total weight savings per corner is 9.42lbs. :biggrin:

6. Comes "complete" - 2 Calipers, 2 Rotors, 2 SS lines, 2 7075 mounting brackets, 1L Ate Blue - you just supply the wrench

FURTHER DETAILS HERE

Your price: $1,399.00
Shipping to you: To Be Added

In stock in RED and BLACK Calipers.

We will be running the new front kit at the 12/03 track event for 6 hours straight just to see if we can smoke it.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Those of you with less dough can still make the move as we have the 1 piece rotor version here:

4-pot-1-piece-rotor-kit.jpg

Ships with the same goodies as the 2 piece rotor kit except we use the Racing Brake One piece 11.7" rotors.

Your price: $1,119.00

The next Big® Brake Kit will be for those of you that still have those old 15"/16" OEM wheels for use at the track cluttering up your garage - just in time for Xmas delivery. :biggrin:

QUESTIONS?

Last edited:
Re: The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally here

got one in crossed drilled for street? and in black calipers? =)

Re: The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally here

ediddynsx said:
got one in crossed drilled for street? and in black calipers? =)

Hi Eddie -

no X drilled for now. Black calipers are arriving this week. Are you sure you can come out to play? :biggrin:

Re: The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally

Those look fantastic!

Anyone running one of these kits on their car? So my understanding is this will fit a '91 I have 17 & 18 Volk CE-28's on my car. I need to do some more research on Dail's website. I'm very interested, I think my orginal rotors need to go... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Re: The "I ain't got flash cash but I need more bling and brakes too" kit is finally

Fit and build quality is perfect, road test to follow as soon as car is off the lift and the dyno :)

Armando

Attachments

• 5 010 (Medium).jpg
    5 010 (Medium).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 235

RudeBoy_baby_NSX said:
Anyone running one of these kits on their car? So my understanding is this will fit a '91 I have 17 & 18 Volk CE-28's on my car. I need to do some more research on Dail's website. I'm very interested, I think my orginal rotors need to go... :biggrin:

I had a kit on the car at the last track event - you might ask some of the participants that had terrior rides how well they worked. FactorX also had it on the "Touge car" - so you might ask Ken. The front wheel fitment page is posted here:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/stop_faster/racing-brake-kit/install-gallery/

the pads you need are dependent to some degree on the HP you have on tap and the use you have planned for the car. The kit ships with HAWK HPS, and they worked fine for me (ie no fade) in your basic NSX:

some-black-car.jpg

for 50 laps in a row at Spring Mountain - the racing compound pads (blue, black etc) might be needed for higher speed tracks. JMO - YPNMV

Last edited:

MiamieNeSeX said:
Fit and build quality is perfect, road test to follow as soon as car is off the lift and the dyno :)

Armando, what version(s) are you running on the front & rear of your car? Is anyone running stock calipers on the rear with upgraded rotors and pads? I plan on running my car mostly on the street in my at the moment regular powered NSX... :wink:

NSXGOD said:
...pads you need are dependent to some degree on the HP you have on tap and the use you have planned for the car. The kit ships with HAWK HPS, and they worked fine for me (ie no fade) in your basic NSX:

So far my NSX is stock and I will be planning on running mainly on the street so the Hawk HPS pads should do the trick. Thanks for quick reply Mark, just looking at your website now for the details...:smile:

I should also mention I'm running a slightly different wheel setup on my 1991 NSX than what is on your website. I have Volk CE28N's Fronts 17x7.5 Off +43, Rear 18x9.5 Off +42 I currently have to run an 8mm spacer only on the rears to clear the stock caliper. What will I need for the fronts & rear in terms of spacers? (I'm assuming I'll have to run a 5mm spacer and stud upgrade on the front? How about the rear?)

Last edited:

RudeBoy_baby_NSX said:
So far my NSX is stock and I will be planning on running mainly on the street so the Hawk HPS pads should do the trick. Thanks for quick reply Mark, just looking at your website now for the details...:smile:

I should also mention I'm running a slightly different wheel setup on my 1991 NSX than what is on your website. I have Volk CE28N's Fronts 17x7.5 Off +43, Rear 18x9.5 Off +42 I currently have to run an 8mm spacer only on the rears to clear the stock caliper. What will I need for the fronts & rear in terms of spacers? (I'm assuming I'll have to run a 5mm spacer and stud upgrade on the front? How about the rear?)

I have not test fit a "regular" CE28N that is not a high pad version (with the buiilt in spacer) as I don't have any handy, so I can't tell you what spacer you might need, just that you WILL need one. Our rear kit is not shipping yet, however it uses a thinner 2 piston caliper for proper balance and you may be OK with the 8mm ones you have now.

RudeBoy_baby_NSX said:

<snip> Is anyone running stock calipers on the rear with upgraded rotors and pads? I plan on running my car mostly on the street in my at the moment regular powered NSX... :wink:

That is what is on the black brake kit test car above, 15 year old OEM 1991 calipers, rotors and pads (all original parts from when the car was new). The balance was fine.

MiamieNeSeX said:
So eloquent in your response. :)

Armando

which caliper & rotors and pads we use in the kit is pretty CLEARLY spelled out on the brake kit product information pages.

NSXGOD said:
While I'm waiting for the new stuff we got going at SEMA to show up,
we have the new Dali-Racing Brake Big® Brake kit (front) ready to ship:

racing-brake-4-pot-2-piece-rotor.image.jpg

Product Highlights:
  1. Features the Racing Brake 4pot aluminum caliper and their 2 piece race rotors
  2. Fits under the OEM 16" rims with just a 5mm spacer = 4mm spoke clearance
  3. Total kit weight is far less than the OEM brake set
  4. Almost 4 pounds less rotating mass per wheel = faster acceleration
  5. caliper, pads, mounting bracket, bolts and SS lines weigh in at 8.90 lbs.

:biggrin: so with the rotor/hat weight coming in at 12.18lbs, the total weight savings per corner is 9.42lbs. :biggrin:
  6. Comes "complete" - 2 Calipers, 2 Rotors, 2 SS lines, 2 7075 mounting brackets, 1L Ate Blue - you just supply the wrench
FURTHER DETAILS HERE

Your price: $1,399.00

We will be running the new front kit at the 12/03 track event for 6 hours straight just to see if we can smoke it.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Those of you with less dough can still make the move as we have the 1 piece rotor version here:

4-pot-1-piece-rotor-kit.jpg

Ships with the same goodies as the 2 piece rotor kit except we use the Racing Brake One piece 11.7" rotors.

Your price: $1,119.00

The next Big® Brake Kit will be for those of you that still have those old 15"/16" OEM wheels for use at the track cluttering up your garage - just in time for Xmas delivery. :biggrin:

QUESTIONS?

Something to seriously think about...esp. because it will allow me to keep my Volks.

Little confused on the pricing the Racing Brake kit.

If you price out the rotors seperately it's weird..

The 2 piece racing rotors are $999.00 Dali if purchased seperately.

The cheaper one piece rotors are $250.00 at Dali.

Why is the kit with one piece rotors only $280 cheaper when there is a $750 price difference between the rotors themselves? Just doesn't make any sense unless somethings is misspriced.

Last edited:
Back