• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street Live Tour

So i went to see him speak last night, and since this was his first date in the US i thought id start a post about it as im sure it will be coming up in the news some, considering its supposed to all go to pay back investors he scammed years ago.

I've been in sales forever, and own a couple businesses, so thankfully i already was aware of 2/3 of what he had to say. I did however enjoy the collection of attendee cars in the parking lot, and listening to the straight no BS talking reinforcing the practices he follows. Something calming about hearing a guy tell of how he overextended and crashed and burned in his early 20's (meat trucks pre-movie), and how he almost didn't open his own brokerage years later due to "limiting beliefs" caused by a prior failure, i believe he calls is "failing elegantly." I'm working on breaking through my own glass ceiling after a BK in 2009 from much the same cause, and now those same limiting beliefs try to keep me on the wrong side of 5 figures a month. Knowing that a guy like this can get past his prior failures, and go off to make $50M a year is good to hear, and to see in person, eye contact, 10 ft away, is pretty chilling at points.

Things like the differences between Ducks and Eagles, having the full detailed vision of what you want you life to be, not goals, but a vision, how the build up takes a long time and hard work to prepare, and then the money comes in quick when you set a proper plan in place and have executed well. Multiple streams of income, using other peoples money, bunch of good stuff there. Seeing him reference a friend of his from the movie, with his wife, in the front row, was pretty f'n hysterical. Some stories, some sales training, but basically a outline of his complete system.

It was at a concert/speaking hall and maybe 6-700 people there if i had to guess. I got a good deal on Amazon local, and sat in the 'Executive' 3rd row. Guy must have taken in $100-150k in 3 hours. Then at the end he goes into his straight line system, and how he comes back for the intensive 3 day session in December in Orlando, and offers a few packages at a 'discount' since we were already there. Now that discount is off of a $12k retail, so keep that in mind ! I'll take a pass on that, but this guy is good, it took my wife to notice that he had planted the seed of spending $5k and a year to make $5 Million a year 2-3 hours before this point. He talks of how he gets $100k a day... A DAY !! To speak at corporate events, a lot of overseas. That's the money that goes in his pocket, where as the US money he makes all goes back to restitution.

I thought it would be worth sharing a basic review, and answer any questions i could. I looked online before i went, and couldn't find a single thing, later to find out that this was the first date on the tour.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I think I'd be interested in just hearing his life story and how he recovered.

That "failing elegantly" metaphor is spot on. So are "limiting beliefs." But if you don't have the mindset for a risk then it's difficult to fault another, or yourself, for it.

Back