• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Latest Stumble from Acura Styling Dept...Let the Family Resemblance Die Here, Now

Ok, I'm hyperventilating now. Oh God tell me they aren't making a tank-like, kit-car-look, muddled-styling-themed POS exterior like this for the New Car.

:eek:

Attachments

• 09tl_pr-001.jpg
    09tl_pr-001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 09tl_pr-018.jpg
    09tl_pr-018.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 254
  • 09tl_pr-068.jpg
    09tl_pr-068.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Not MY Cup of Tee compare to other brand of cars from Japan. If this is the style Honda will stick with, the only Honda product in my garage is NSX.

Great lines guys :tongue:

well... I can't wait for the SUV next :biggrin:

Judge_dread_3.jpg

Like it or not, that TL will outsell the current one by a wide margin.

I don't know about that Mickeylex.

Premium gas and it actually weights about 300 lbs more than the 3rd Gen.
On top of that... it is ugly.

Perhaps the average Joe will over look all this. Can't wait to see it on the road though.

That thing is hideous.

oh why can't they bring back the 99 up TL (LOL just newer)

I have been fooled in the past by trying to judge a car by press photos only to see the real deal and like it. My opinion is on hold at this time. Aside from the sheet metal, I am ready to commit to liking the rest of the package however.

Ok, I'm hyperventilating now. Oh God tell me they aren't making a tank-like, kit-car-look, muddled-styling-themed POS exterior like this for the New Car.

:eek:

Take a good look at the side view.

I don't know what you're talking about, I thought the new TL has one of the best proportion on a production car today.:confused:

The trunk area is questionable but none of us have seen it in person, have we?

And how about this one -

What happens if this car continue to be a strong seller like the out going model, or better? Therefore, all those buyers are blinds or Styling Challenged?

What happens if this car continue to be a strong seller like the out going model, or better? Therefore, all those buyers are blinds or Styling Challenged?

Yes, they will be blind because most of them will have come over from the Camry camp. We all know that Camry drivers are eldery and have poor vision due to Diabetes, Cataracts, Glaucoma, and a multitued of other ailments. As for the rest of the 2009 TL drivers, they will be "styling challenged."

i just saw the new TSX down the street and i have to say it is pretty horrible... the rear end is fugly and that big silver tooth up front reminds me of Baby Huey... just need a diaper for it!!

I usually don't see the difference between pics and "real life". The outgoing TL looks equally good on both so this monstosity is probably fugly indeed.

It looks like a Reventon version of the Accord - sharper edges, a bit different facia and a laughably high price tag. I predict a redesign in the near future.

Edit...
P.S.

09tl_pr-068.jpg

Last edited:
I usually don't see the difference between pics and "real life". The outgoing TL looks equally good on both so this monstosity is probably fugly indeed.

It looks like a Reventon version of the Accord - sharper edges, a bit different facia and a laughably high price tag. I predict a redesign in the near future.

Edit...
P.S.

09tl_pr-068.jpg

I think you messed up when you posted those 2.
they are of the same car right? LOL

edit: and btw the more I look at those two pics I like the Accord more!!!!! thats sad

Last edited:
The "grill" has been on the MDX since fall/winter of 06 when it was redesigned for the 07 model year. In fact, we had a 7 month waiting list for it at our dealership. Up until recently, we've been selling tons of these things. It didn't slow down because of the grill either.

The "grill" is now on the TSX since about May when it was released and we've been selling alot of these as well. In fact, I think I only have 4 to sell right now. We're going to run out soon.

The "grill" is also on the 09 RL and we've sold 3 of the 4 we have in stock.

Point being, it may not be for everyone, but it will still sell and sell very well.

Yes, they will be blind because most of them will have come over from the Camry camp. We all know that Camry drivers are eldery and have poor vision due to Diabetes, Cataracts, Glaucoma, and a multitued of other ailments. As for the rest of the 2009 TL drivers, they will be "styling challenged."

That made me lol.
:smile:

lol, you know it!!! American Honda is going after the sick and f..k up American buyers, who are blind, deaf, retarded and loosing their mind (Every heard of Tommy?).

Occupation
I make grills fo'yo teef.

DocL, you should be the first one on the waiting list!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Re: Happy Cars; it's the latest thing

Here's Lincoln's version of a big grinning thing coming at ya. :eek: I want some of whatever those designers are smokin'.

The return of Mad Max!!!

Seems like lots of car manufactures are taking their design philosophy into a new territory.

Acura's new design makes me like the style of the old Legend even more.

0Legend.15.Cashmere.gif

Edit...
P.S.

09tl_pr-068.jpg

Is the TL still a an Accord with a big engine shoehorned in? From the looks of the pics, I would say yes.

Is the TL still a an Accord with a big engine shoehorned in? From the looks of the pics, I would say yes.

No. They share similar platforms, but that's about it. It's more of a cost savings feature to share a platform. Even the last/current TL was different. They didn't share anything but the platform.

Back