• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Latest Stumble from Acura Styling Dept...Let the Family Resemblance Die Here, Now

Ever since the designs started to come from the new design studio in the US, the cars look very unappealing. I prefer the older designs where every Acura was unique with it's own name. Now you have cars that look the same and have alpha names. I have totally lost interest in Acura as there is nothing exciting. No sports cars, just sedans and trucks. On the Honda front, the new Accord is the first Accord I completely dislike and the new Pilot looks the prior one with the front end flattened in a front end collision. Honda was *perfect* when Soichiro Honda was running the company. Shortly afterwards, the Legend died with the intro of the RL and it all went downhill. They even can't get the top JD Power awards anymore as they once did. What happened??? I'm sure things would be run quite differently if Soichiro was still around.

I used to get excited about upcoming Honda/Acura models but now, I just don't feel that. What surfaces is an ugly car again and again. The excitement is gone. I'm a big Honda/Acura fan and it's really sad to hear myself speak like this about my favorite car company. :frown:

Last edited:
I don't know where are you from but in Socal you can get new mdx at 3500 below invoice. There are thoussand of MDX at the dealers here in socal.

The "grill" has been on the MDX since fall/winter of 06 when it was redesigned for the 07 model year. In fact, we had a 7 month waiting list for it at our dealership. Up until recently, we've been selling tons of these things. It didn't slow down because of the grill either.

Ever since the designs started to come from the new design studio in the US, the cars look very unappealing. I prefer the older designs where every Acura was unique with it's own name. Now you have cars that look the same and have alpha names. I have totally lost interest in Acura as there is nothing exciting. No sports cars, just sedans and trucks. On the Honda front, the new Accord is the first Accord I completely dislike and the new Pilot looks the prior one with the front end flattened in a front end collision. Honda was *perfect* when Soichiro Honda was running the company. Shortly afterwards, the Legend died with the intro of the RL and it all went downhill. They even can't get the top JD Power awards anymore as they once did. What happened??? I'm sure things would be run quite differently if Soichiro was still around.

I used to get excited about upcoming Honda/Acura models but now, I just don't feel that. What surfaces is an ugly car again and again. The excitement is gone. I'm a big Honda/Acura fan and it's really sad to hear myself speak like this about my favorite car company. :frown:

Don't forget, 1992 Prelude, Civic and Del Sol are designed in Japan and they didn't look too good either.

Back