• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The LoveFab LF600 Complete Package, A Real-time Documentation

Dan's car is running great! We are nearing the peak of the turbos efficiency though, so we are either going to swap the exhaust housing for the largest 1.03, or step up to a GTX4088R. It's currently sitting at 496whp/379wtq at 15psi tapering to 13psi from 6500 to redline. I was honestly hoping for more, but the dyno doesn't lie. I'm in discussions with Dan as to what direction to go next, so I'll have an update soon!

The GT35R turbo is producing over 600HP right now, but with the "low" readings that our dyno shows, we aren't getting what Dan wanted to the ground. We could swap out for a larger housing, but the lag increase would put it right inline with the GTX4088R turbo, in a twin-scroll setup. So, I've been speaking with Dan this weekend and he's pulled the trigger on going with the GTX4088R. The 35R, exhaust, and piping will be posted for sale shortly, and I will probably supplement it for a more "complete" kit for those who may be looking.

My next update will be covering the fabrication of fitting the GTX4088R into the NSX. To my knowledge, this is the first install on an NSX. Very excited to see what it can do!

FWIW, my .02 to echo Cody's statement on his dyno. My car dynoed at 543rwhp on the local Mustang MD dyno last summer. With the identical setup/tune my car baselined at 455rwhp on Cody's Mustang MD dyno in December. Same brand dyno....two different calibrations.
So yes, Cody's dyno is a complete heart breaker and that is fine. As he'll tell you, it's a tuning tool to measure gains/loses, look at the power curve, etc...it's not for bragging rights. The car's performance will handle that for you :)

On a related note if anyone has seen my build thread in the FI section. Cody's WOFI exhaust and 1 more psi netted a 65 rwhp gain. So I expect to be knocking on the door of 600rwhp on the local dyno this spring/summer in contrast to the 519rwhp it read at LoveFab. So yes, I feel mine really is an LF600. LF670+ if you want to talk crank hp :p

Looking forward to the results of the GTX4088R Cody!

Autowave is closer to a 40R as they were building for "big power", not "stock motor power". Good to see AMW's exhaust pressure; its exactly what's happening here, the engine is outflowing the exhaust side of the turbo, causing pressure to spike, which pushes the gate open, which then allows boost to drop, which means torque drops, which means HP drops. If we were to maintain at least 360ftlbs at 8000rpm, we would be at 548whp. Since torque plummets after 6500rpm, so does HP. Turbocharging is all about balance; if you loose balance, power falls.

No, we are going larger from a 35R to a GTX4088R. 62mm 35R, vs 65mm GTX4088R., and the exhaust side goes up 9mm as well, which is crucially important for the NSX engines at high power.

We could change the WG spring on the 35R, but no matter what, we are pushing the gate at anything above 13psi. The problem with this is the car would become undriveable with this amount of torque hitting at 4100rpm. We need to be able to run less than 15psi in order for the car to get out of it's own cloud of tire smoke. Instead of "band-aiding" the problem(turbine wheel/housing too small), it's better for the overall setup to fix it properly for the customer's goals.

1979471_623811801005194_568503331_n.jpg

It begins....

Waiting for fabrication bits for Dan's car. We have the Jersey car on the dyno today....

http://youtu.be/HBV7Jm-_QKE

And here's a graph of the first WOT pull, ONLY to 5000rpm.

The comparison was this same engine/turbo, but at 3.0L displacement, and at 14psi. The LF1200S makes almost 10ftlbs MORE torque at only 10psi(vs 14), and makes it 2250rpm SOONER than the 3.0. So pumped.

1891440_623888567664184_731208091_o.jpg

Continuing....

Last edited:
I didn't know there was an LF1200S. What is that? 1200HP? Don't tell alex or he will want one..... actually do tell alex and make him spend more of his parents money.

First full pull to 8000rpm at 10psi. Note: it doesn't like it, which is "normal" for stroker motors.

The next run is 12psi. This thing is going to crush 500ftlbs on our dyno, on pump gas, which is NOT an easy feat....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393882169595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393882169595.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 217
........anxiously awaiting the next video, which will probably be the last for today's session.

........but I did just get a text that had the number 15 followed by the numbers 591/495

Last edited:
Looks like you might need a bigger graph to finish it....lol.

Im sure youre happy!

Not yet....on the right path with a visible light at the end of tunnel. I am looking forward to changing the numbers in my signature though :)

Last edited:
Back