• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The most beautiful car in the world?

The F40 may be a thing of beauty from an engineering standpoint but frankly I find it not all that attractive as automotive eye-candy. When the F40 was being sold new, you could pick up a gently used example of one of these for 1/10th its price. It may not be the hairy-chested fire-breather the F40 is, but it's automotive art at its best.

Ferrari-Dino-246-GT-7.jpg

Last edited:
Dave, we know you were sick a few months ago........but you wasn't THAT sick! The nsx a very nice looking car, but doesn't really touch much of anything from Italy.

I could not agree more. Sometimes I am walking outside and catch a glimpse of my car and can't believe it's mine and also how great looking the lines of the car are. Sure, there are a lot of beautiful cars over time and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but the NSX can complete with the all.

People compare beauty to a women. Sure we all have an attraction to different types of women. When a beautiful woman ages, does it take a lot of effort and money to maintain her? Her beauty easily disappears if she constantly wines and complains. And worse, what if she no longer wants you take her for a ride because she is broken or does not feel good. Ferraris, Lambos, etc. To me they lose their beauty over time. High maintanence costs, time to maintain and the aggravation of mechanical problems causes them to lose their beauty. Not our cars. To me they become more beautiful because of what they are. A beautiful exotic that only becomes more beautiful over time because they are not expensive to keep, they don't ask for a lot, stay relatively healthy over time and always want you to take them for a ride.

The best looking car in my eyes is a Zonda R. Then a 427 A/C Cobra.
The nsx has a timeless design, which i love bc i have one

I could not agree more. Sometimes I am walking outside and catch a glimpse of my car and can't believe it's mine and also how great looking the lines of the car are. Sure, there are a lot of beautiful cars over time and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but the NSX can complete with the all.

People compare beauty to a women. Sure we all have an attraction to different types of women. When a beautiful woman ages, does it take a lot of effort and money to maintain her? Her beauty easily disappears if she constantly wines and complains. And worse, what if she no longer wants you take her for a ride because she is broken or does not feel good. Ferraris, Lambos, etc. To me they lose their beauty over time. High maintanence costs, time to maintain and the aggravation of mechanical problems causes them to lose their beauty. Not our cars. To me they become more beautiful because of what they are. A beautiful exotic that only becomes more beautiful over time because they are not expensive to keep, they don't ask for a lot, stay relatively healthy over time and always want you to take them for a ride.

interesting analogy; i agree that part of the beauty of our cars lay in its practicality/affordability

Most beautiful, no, the Dino above takes that title

Timeless elegance for the way the body is poured over the engineering beneath, oh yes, the NSX is top of the list in the affordable category .... The F1 and Zonda R take it to a new level in so many ways ...

Surely the question to ask is what was the car that took your breath away when you first saw it in the metal ...

For me it was 90's Vanquish .... Pure British brawn

Love the Dino but for me, it's the 288 GTO followed by the NSX: not sure it gets better than a 91-94 with updated wheels.

85-Ferrari_288GTO_DV_08-CC_03.jpg

I find your delusions over the NSX to be disturbing....

670x377Image.jpg

LOL... I love that car would take it in a heartbeat over my NSX and first born but its still not as pretty.

...well the real answer would of course be whatever car your wife/gf/sig other is sitting in.

To me this is the most beautiful car in the world. I just didn't know it until I actually saw it in person. The first super car.

Yeah that's not bad. LOL

THE NSX IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR IN THE WORLD....

(that I can justify tying the bucks up on.....)

What I enjoy is.. EVERYWHERE I go... people react like I just pulled up in the space shuttle!!! They've heard of it... but they've never actually seen one... like a unicorn!!!

fixed headlight nsx looks way better than pops for sure ...

- - - Updated - - -

turbo 2 go you need to paint your nsx black ASAP ... join the dark side

fixed headlight nsx looks way better than pops for sure ...

- - - Updated - - -

turbo 2 go you need to paint your nsx black ASAP ... join the dark side

Sure thing. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to take a 20K mile 2005 silverstone, strip it, and repaint it like it's a salvage car. LOL

lol I kid ...you ain't bout that life

I don't have any detailed pictures (but I can take one if you desire).
NASA sticker is the yellow sticker under my Dept. of Defense, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD sticker...both circled in red.

Attachments

• Navy NASA stickers NSX rain 20 April C&C.jpg
    Navy NASA stickers NSX rain 20 April C&C.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 513
"Beautiful" is an adjective and inherently ambiguous but in my definition of flowing, curvaceous beauty (the antithesis of "keen edge") the Ferrari 458 Italia is the most beautiful car made today. For me its what the next gen NSX should have looked like.
f458indcam3.jpg

i find it hard to see those exotics listed as being the "most beautiful car in the world" due to the fact its not obtainable for me. its just eye candy to me, cause ill never own one due to the price. the nsx on the other hand is the most beautiful car to me out of all the cars that i can obtain. make sense?

Back