• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The most beautiful car in the world?

mclaren_650s_gt3-044-53ad8094a1484.jpg

Call me crazy, but I wish there were more options for single seater street cars out there (I know the F1 has two seats in the back, but it still puts the driver in the middle). The BAC mono is stunning, and just as practical as my 2 seater, how often do you have a passenger, especially on spirited drives? I drive my NSX alone 99% of the time! a single seater would be a blast to drive and even safer since the driver sits in the center of the car surrounded evenly by crush zones.

You hit the nail on the head
Well said NSXonwheels

After seeing one in person, I really think the New Jag F-Type Coup is gorgious. Especially in Orange. But, I'm Biased.

After seeing one in person, I really think the New Jag F-Type Coup is gorgious. Especially in Orange. But, I'm Biased.

I like the looks and specs on the new Jag, but the car seems a little small in photos. How is it in person?

I like the looks and specs on the new Jag, but the car seems a little small in photos. How is it in person?

I saw it in a parking garage so I didn't get that close. Since it's based on the roadster, I'll compare it to my S2K. I've seen the roadster up close and I'd say it's larger than the S2K and maybe a little larger than the NSX. It interior might have a bit more room than the NSX as well. The stealership is just a few miles from my home so I'm going to go this week and take a closer look. It is a beautiful car though. I thought I'd never say that about a Jag until the last couple years.

I saw one of these drive by me at about 5mph on vacation a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped.... it was STUNNING.....Fisker Karma.

aju6e2ab.jpg

I saw one of these drive by me at about 5mph on vacation a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped.... it was STUNNING.....Fisker Karma.

WOW, 4 doors never looked so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Scoops.jpg
Car looks great but what's with the mirror scoops? Where is that air going? Perforated mirrors?
Is that an illusion?

etype2.jpg jaguar-e-type-42-roadster-01.jpg

Lots of cars are interesting, exciting, impressive, desirable, etc. in various ways, but IMHO a pre-'68 E-type roadster is maybe still the gold standard for simple, pure, unadulterated classic beauty. Like a woman who needs no makeup, jewelry or other "enhancements" (read wings, scoops, paint schemes, etc.)

View attachment 115385 View attachment 115386

Lots of cars are interesting, exciting, impressive, desirable, etc. in various ways, but IMHO a pre-'68 E-type roadster is maybe still the gold standard for simple, pure, unadulterated classic beauty. Like a woman who needs no makeup, jewelry or other "enhancements" (read wings, scoops, paint schemes, etc.)

I still find it one of the most beautiful cars ever made!!!

aju6e2ab.jpg

It's an NSX killer for sure. And here's a picture of the NSX it killed just outside of Houston. If you value your car don't park next to one. They are good looking though.

My close friend had one. It was spectacular looking. But they are giant paperweights now. His died and someone still bought for 48K. With no way to make it run. It was a half baked car. Long story there but it was the only time you saw a designer as the CEO of an automotive company. I wonder if they will be valuable some day. They were low production, unique, american, and ultimately killed because of politics. Like a Tucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Call me crazy, but I wish there were more options for single seater street cars out there (I know the F1 has two seats in the back, but it still puts the driver in the middle). The BAC mono is stunning, and just as practical as my 2 seater, how often do you have a passenger, especially on spirited drives? I drive my NSX alone 99% of the time! a single seater would be a blast to drive and even safer since the driver sits in the center of the car surrounded evenly by crush zones.

Agree with you 100%.

Last edited:
He used to get quite a few marriage proposals in that car. My NSX next to it might as well have been a taxi cab. That was the difference in attention level.

So in that picture, that's a burnt down NSX that was next to a burning Karma? or is that the remainings of a burnt Karma?

That was the remains of the NSX as it was wenched out of the garage. There was a thread on Prime about it a couple years ago.

My childhood classification of beauty. If any owner is thinking of swapping into a NSX drop me a line first.

93-Jaguar-XJ220-DV-11-RMM-08.jpg

F80 Concept. Projected 1200 HP, 1750 Lbs. 310 MPH.

it's definitely subjective, there's no question. but the '67 Jaguar E-Type is more often described as the most beautiful car ever produced. that seems to be the general consensus. but any of the moderately old, and really old Ferrari's or Aston Martin's could certainly hold that honour. the mid 50's Mercedes 300SL gullwing comes to mind. hell, I really love the look of the '63 Corvette Stingray split window as well, and I HATE CORVETTES.

for me the NSX absolutely holds a space on the list. it has it's own unique shape and character, and is absolutely lovely to look at. to the automotive eye, nothing else looks quite like it...

- - - Updated - - -

here's a question. how many people prefer the look of the '91 to '01 NSX versus the 2002+?

who'd venture to guess the percentage?

Back