• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Mythical $25k NSX.

Would you sell your NSX for less than $25k?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 221 84.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
So according to this link a 1991 - 1993 can be in "average" condition and go for around $25k.

So the answer to this thread is YES the NSX can be obtained for $25,000. I guess that wraps this thread up.... unless you want to argue about mileage or worn seats or paint jobs. :rolleyes:

Buy a C and D grade Nsx's that require $5k worth of tb and clutch work, let use know it turns out when you need to drop another $3k into the a/c:biggrin:

Keep us posted !

Good news I got offered $25K over the phone second time this year.:biggrin:

And what did you reply to this caller? Maybe you should tell the to read this thread.

And what did you reply to this caller? Maybe you should tell the to read this thread.

I told both $25k offers wouldn't that be lovely:biggrin: No really I told them the major service will add up etc and told them about prime etc..

The other three waiting offers are for $28k but I mentioned thats not measurable per wiki priceing so I will hold, I like the car to much to just let it go that easy.:tongue:

First off, I believe everyone should understand tone cannot be conveyed over the internet, so lets all take a deep breath, but some of the over reactions are completely uncalled for on all sides. Opinions are opinions.

Well, perhaps a 2005 is waaaaaaaay over priced. But I have one and you don't. Broke motherf*cker.

Although it is *possible* that you have the finances to purchase a car costing more than $45k, your dogged determination to ignore every bit of factual data and prudent advice leads me to believe that your budget is as narrow as your intellect.
Classy, so classy

Patricio said:
The NSX is DONE depreciating...... get over it. It only goes up from here, and if you don't think so.... than step aside theres a line behind you.
I do find it quite hilarious that a 26 year old thinks a car that just ended production 3 years ago is done depreciatingly, I would agree but my crystal ball is in the repair shop. And if there was such a line forming to buy an NSX then there wouldn't be the relatively large number of cars for sale on this site, autotrader, cars.com, etc... Just because Vance said that anyone who pays over 30K for a early NA1 coupe or not, got a bad deal (Vance's opinion) people feel the need to defend themselves, their purchase or the NSX as a whole. Gotta love the combination of pride and money. If you honestly bought your car for the reasons you have stated, then what do you care what others think? Personally I wouldn't and didn't buy a car that the owner said he was selling because of a move, then couldn't sell before the move so he took it with him, and then sold it after that. Especially when it has a certain aftermarket intake, aftermarket seats, 02 update with non factory bumper and rear slats, and a wheel tire combo that isn't my cup of tea. But the gearing and final drive were tempting. Again just my opinion and shouldn't be taken personally.

Bottom line our cars are only worth what someone else will pay for them, and leave it at that. If you don't or won't sell, then enjoy your purchase and call it a day, this thread could have ended 3 pages ago if pride wasn't involved.

Power_Seller (Rob) last paragraph is right on, don't let some outside influences push you to such lengths, life is way too fragile and too short. Lets enjoy our cars, know that we own something special that not too many people on this earth will ever experience.

Greetings

I paid more than $25K for my 2003 -- in cash. It is a daily driver. I would sell mine if I needed the money or was tired of owning it. I currently still enjoy it. It is a little pricey to maintain, but I knew that when I bought it, and I can very easily afford it. My house is almost paid for, and we are thinking about retiring and doing things that we like to do.

I promise that I will never leave my NSX sitting somewhere in a summer home's garage being driven 2 weeks a year. (Someone might find it in a corn crib or some other type of building on a midwestern farm some day (the proverbial corvette in the old corn crib story).

I do not get emotionally attached to anything except my family. I ride stock prices up, and then sell them before they go too far down. You want cash in the coming year. You will be able to make a lot of money if you have money. Remember to give some of it to those less fortunate too -- Money is the root of all good.

Cheers,
Martin

wow. you driven T W O nsxs..... thanks for putting them in CAPS, we might have MISSED THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE DRIVEN T W O NSX... what a WEALTH of expereince!!!!!!!!

I driven 60+ from NA, supercharger, turbo and EVERY SINGLE TIME i drive one, it still blows my mind how awesome these cars are.

laugh.gif
your GOING to STICK to your price of 45K. like anyone is going to take your seriously if your going to STICK to that price.

Also you can IMHO all you want, 45 k is not a fair price. its a dreamer's fantacy price.

Yes Nissan is coming out with a 70K monster.... so what? you cant afford it. They can be coming up with a 50K monster and its still outside of your 45k loan.

I want to pay 10$ for a 5000SF house in Beverly Hills..... does that mean I can buy it?

355 go for 75K for a reason. Its an exclusive sports car. Active suspension, great sounding exhaust, canyon monster. Worth 75K? I dont know. I got mine for less but its a great car.

just cause you dont have 75K doesn't mean they should be worth less.

the ONLY ones who are QUALIFIED TO say anything bad about a car is those who have owned and lived with it. I own a 355, i can qualified to bash it, i wont since its an AWESOME car. You dont own nsx, 355, viper, or any of the other cars you a low regard for.

Yes,you have a s2k. i had a couple too. i loved it. go to s2ki and share with them about how you feel. as for nsx, 355, SHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

market value is demand and supply, 355 is a starter Ferrari, its a jump from them to 360 and 430. there will ALWAYS be a demand for that car. Also the price keeps dreamers away. Most people dont SERIOUSLY dream about owning a Ferrari since its so far out of their realm of ability. Go on ferrarichat and cry about the prices of 355. While your there, give them a piece of your "mind" about the price of ENZOs also. They'll laugh you all the way back to grade school.

like FERRARI a 3 year old nsx or any NSX is a PRIVILEGE to own and has been one of my greatest pleasures in life. 03-04-05 for 45k, its not in your price range, we should ALL live with in our means. your out of luck.:rolleyes:

there are 10000 people that will pay more than 45K for a 03 -04 nsx. so once very one of those 10000 people, me included, had their fun and had their way, you'll get your turn.
laugh.gif
If you dont think its a honor to own this import exotic, please step aside and let a true enthusiast have a turn. Go save up for the R35 skyline.... at 70-80k its also out of your budget. your going to go to R35 forums and start flaming too about another Japanese icon should fit into your 45K budget?

yes, because its it outside of your budget. Im sure this is what all the under acheavers say about everything they are unwilling to work for.

seriously though, what's with the recent flood of people with their eye on the pie in the sky telling us how much our cars are worth? also not just that, starting TOTALLY STUPID threads that we actually respond seriously too??? why are we allowing people with out nsx, who will never have and never owned an nsx to stir the pot and telling us what is what. :rolleyes:

these people aren't serious, thus we should not be dignifying the ridiculous posts with a serious answer.

MCM said it like it is (props)

... um... yea...

And buy the way, I ended up buying an 06 C4S that was well over $70,000. So funny how people assume so many things. lol

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, but look at this. A buy it now price of $50,000 for a 2002 NSX and a starting bid of $45,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...ddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110255111091&

Seems like the inexperienced guy who only drove an NSX twice is able to predict the market better than the "experts" around here. Less than 6 months later, look at where the prices are.

And only 53,000 miles . . .

Do you think that had an impact on the listing price?

You are such a fool. Enjoy your Porsche. I know we will all enjoy your absence.

After reading Ron98's post again... Dude, you are really crazy. I mean, I really felt hate in your words. I really felt disgust and anger. You have a problem or something.

It's like you enjoyed typing those mean and hateful words. You knew nothing about me, but yet and still you just assumed that because I disagreed with you that I was some sort of loser. That I didn't deserve what you owned and that my life was basically worthless.

You are the true definition of an ass hole. You are the reason why people who work hard for their money and are decent human beings have to go above and beyond normality to show that they aren't so stuck up and arrogant. You make it hard for the rest of us. I just laugh at your comments because of their arrogance and ignorance, however, it's also quite sad.

It's sad because it shows how the people who have so much think so little of the people that are less fortunate. It's sad because we live in a world where a person's worth is measured by what's in their pockets.

I have had the opportunity to live on both sides of the tracks and I obtained my money in a short period of time through a lot of hard work and a little luck. And I see how the way people treat you changes. I went from an S2000 as an only car to a C4S as a second car in the matter of 6 years. I am extrememly blessed to be in the position I am in and I think God every day for blessing me with what I have. I am also thankful that I had an opportunity to experience what it's like not to have anything because not only do I appreciate what I have now, but I also don't look down on people because you never know their situation or if you'll ever be there with them. Everything that we have can be taken away with a blink of an eye. Never look down on another human being, we aren't above anyone in the world.

Dam you got ripped off there are 20 07's cars dot com for under 70 and 42 autotrader ahahha. Your car will be worth 35k in 3-4 years time.lol

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=

#1: Unlike the NSX, Porsche's have options. My car was optioned out at $105,000 in 2006.

#2: Apparently you aren't aware of 911 resale values if you think that it will be $35k in 4 years. Take a look at 10 - 12 year old 911's. They still go for $50k. And Their list price back then was in the high $60k range.

#3: You do realize that the cars you probably see for less are not C4S right? The number 4 add's about $6k to the price and the S another $10000.

And only 53,000 miles . . .

Do you think that had an impact on the listing price?

You are such a fool. Enjoy your Porsche. I know we will all enjoy your absence.

Yea, like 53,000 miles is a lot? That's like 8800 miles a year. The car is 6 years old, not 3.

I would have purcahsed this car without hesitation. 53,000 is nothing on an NSX. It's not a Ferrari.

Yea, like 53,000 miles is a lot? That's like 8800 miles a year. The car is 6 years old, not 3.

I would have purcahsed this car without hesitation. 53,000 is nothing on an NSX. It's not a Ferrari.

Speaking from experience having owned several porsches the less options it has the less trouble and weight.:biggrin: Unless its a turbo it will be worth 30-35k if you no believe just wait.lol

Shoulda bought a 993 turbo or 996 oh well.

#2: Apparently you aren't aware of 911 resale values if you think that it will be $35k in 4 years. Take a look at 10 - 12 year old 911's. They still go for $50k. And Their list price back then was in the high $60k range.

Not quite. 10-12 year old 911s are 993s. The 993 Carrera S and Carrera 4S are still in the $50k range, but the standard 993 is more like $30-40k.

In general, 911s hold their value well, much like an NSX, but the 993 is an anomaly. It retains its value based on its collector status as the last of the air-cooled 'real' 911s and is more of a comment on the buying public's rejection of the 996 styling.

The 996 and 997 are depreciating much faster than the 993.

53,000 miles has an impact on value. Typical mileage for a 2002 is far less, 30,000 or less. 5,000 miles per year is considered average for an NSX.

I am not afraid of mileage on an NSX, but you are fooling yourself if you think a 2002 NSX with 53,000 is not high mileage and is representative of the value of 2002+ NSXs in general.

Not quite. 10-12 year old 911s are 993s. The 993 Carrera S and Carrera 4S are still in the $50k range, but the standard 993 is more like $30-40k.

In general, 911s hold their value well, much like an NSX, but the 993 is an anomaly. It retains its value based on its collector status as the last of the air-cooled 'real' 911s and is more of a comment on the buying public's rejection of the 996 styling.

The 996 and 997 are depreciating much faster than the 993.

You are correct.. and I do own a C4S and not a base or RWD. Also, I have the GT3 body kit that added $6,900 to the price, along with Navi, phone, PSM, painted rims, Bose system, power seats, etc.

When I first looked at the 911 I didn't realize that there were 14 variants and that there were so many options that could take a $73,000 base price all the way up to $120,000 (non turbo or GT3/GT2). With that said, I shopped around and found out what I wanted on line as well as at the dealership and found what I was looking for. I wanted a C4S. I wanted the GT3 kit, I wanted Navi, I wanted Bose, I wanted PSM and power seats. If you don't want those things then you can get an 05 for $55k. But if you want the wider rear end and fatter tires and AWD and the GT3 kit, then you will pay a premium.

Also, if you start to look on line for the options I just mentioned, then you will see that the search narrows very quickly. There are only like 3000 997 C4S's out there so it's a very difficult search.

But with that said, I can pull up to a turbo that costs $140,000 and my ride looks just as good and for half the price.

Last edited:
53,000 miles has an impact on value. Typical mileage for a 2002 is far less, 30,000 or less. 5,000 miles per year is considered average for an NSX.

I am not afraid of mileage on an NSX, but you are fooling yourself if you think a 2002 NSX with 53,000 is not high mileage and is representative of the value of 2002+ NSXs in general.

Ok I agree that's it high, but not exactly deal breaking high.

Ok I agree that's it high, but not exactly deal breaking high.

Absolutely. I agree it is not a deal-breaker.

My point is that the mileage impacts the value such that the value is not representative of the average 2002+ NSX.

Absolutely. I agree it is not a deal-breaker.

My point is that the mileage impacts the value such that the value is not representative of the average 2002+ NSX.

So you think that 15,000 miles is worth $10,000? I just can't justify paying that much more for a Honda. Honda's are such great cars that mileage doesn't really affect my decision for purchase.

Especially a car that's not my DD and I probably won't put more than 5000 miles a year on. Even if the car had 60,000 miles and I kept it for five years. At 5000 miles per year, I'd sell the car with 85,000 miles. I doubt that much can happen during that period anyway.

I tried to explain this to my girl friend when she was looking for a Civic. She wanted a new car and didn't want a car with 40,000 miles on the clock. I explained to her that she probably won't have any real issues with the car for the next 75,000 miles anyway, and if she did, the price of repair wouldn't justify paying an additional $8000 for basically the same car. Needless to say that she bought the new one anyway.

So to me, 30,000 and 50,000 is basically the same. I'm not a car collector so as long as the car runs and doesn't give me problems, then I'm good.

I don't recall stating that 15,000 miles is worth $10,000.

Rather, I stated that a 2002 NSX on ebay with 53,000 miles and a $50k BIN is not representative of the general 2002+ NSX market because the vehicle in question has much higher than average mileage.

I did not claim to know the precise dollar amount of the mileage impact. Indeed, I don't think there is a precise dollar amount. I believe it is a case by case basis.

I am sure you agree the seller would have set a significantly higher price on the vehicle if it had 20,000 or 30,000 miles instead of 53,000.

I don't recall stating that 15,000 miles is worth $10,000.

Rather, I stated that a 2002 NSX on ebay with 53,000 miles and a $50k BIN is not representative of the general 2002+ NSX market because the vehicle in question has much higher than average mileage.

I did not claim to know the precise dollar amount of the mileage impact. Indeed, I don't think there is a precise dollar amount. I believe it is a case by case basis.

I am sure you agree the seller would have set a significantly higher price on the vehicle if it had 20,000 or 30,000 miles instead of 53,000.

I concur. If the vehicle had less mileage, the owner would probably ask for more.

However, this is a subset of my initial argument. I never gave a min desired mileage for paying $45k for a 2002 NSX and we both agreed that the mileage wasn't enough to be a deal breaker.

With that said I just did a carfax and this car is a 1 owner and has a perfectly clean title. JH4NA21642T000066

So it's a 6 year old one owner NSX that averaged 8800 miles per year with a clean title. I'd buy it if I were in the market. It's a color that I liked too.

wow. you driven T W O I driven 60+ from NA, supercharger, turbo and EVERY SINGLE TIME i drive one, it still blows my mind how awesome these cars are.

laugh.gif
your GOING to STICK to your price of 45K. like anyone is going to take your seriously if your going to STICK to that price.

Also you can IMHO all you want, 45 k is not a fair price. its a dreamer's fantacy price.

This is just so funny to me.

Back