• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Negatives of the NSX 2.0

My question is why is it twice as high as the Corvette front end ? (which is double sad since we're talking about a front engine car here) How did Chevrolet get away with the so called stringent regulations ? and how do Lambo achieve it at all (look at the Aventador..) ? Also Nspec altered the picture so we cant differentiate the chrome beak from the body color, but in truth it's much closer to the R8...

My question is why is it twice as high as the Corvette front end ? (which is double sad since we're talking about a front engine car here) How did Chevrolet get away with the so called stringent regulations ? and how do Lambo achieve it at all (look at the Aventador..) ? Also Nspec altered the picture so we cant differentiate the chrome beak from the body color, but in truth it's much closer to the R8...

I didn't do anything but greyscale the image. The 3 images are close to scale in real life in dimensions comparison to one another.

I think you need to put the new Corvette next to the new NSX for context as you clearly don't believe me when I say the NSX is lower than the Corvette. You'll find that the fenderline, which is the true hood line will roll in favor of the NSX being lower slightly. They are very close in height. Now the lowness of the steepness of the front bumper will be a different story.

And I cannot say for certain if it'll reach legendary status until performance numbers are locked in and we see it go against it's peers. The reliability/effectiveness and competitiveness is what made the first NSX formidable. This time around the reliability sounds doubtful, but the twin turbo powerplant sounds promising. I think the tuning applications for that alone if possible should make it popular among the enthusiasts again.

- - - Updated - - -

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Convertible-C7-and-2014-Audi-R8-V10-plus-Coupe-quattro-S-tronic.jpg

You can see the fenderline of the Corvette not really that much lower than the R8's in this pic for context for the front view. The Corvette is about 1-2 feet closer to camera, so it looks like it's even higher than the R8, which is a bit misleading, but it shows that both are close in actual hood height.

Last edited:
Go ask or poll people on "front view of car versus side profile of car that defines a sports car." You shall see.

Half of the cars in the diagram have horizontal headlights. The Diablo (300ZX headlights), Huracan, Mclaren MP4-12C, both iterations of 1st gen NSX, the HSC and HSV have wide/long horizontal headlights. So your argument for horizontal sedan headlights is already weak.

Lastly, don't dodge the fact that the 911 is an evolved Beetle. You wanna say the 911 looks like a proper sports car in your elaboration but then try to diss the NSX for having "sedan headlights", among the peers with horizontal headlights, but the 911 is sporting headlights and design cues from a $20K family/teen car. It's ok for Porsche to do that, but the new NSX that sits lower and leaner is messing up because it has horizontal headlights and a controversial front bumper?

Please. Let it go. I let it go before and you wanna come in on VF's coattail and try to gain momentum on your unfound negativity towards a car that we both already know you'll never like. Don't jump on the bandwagon 10 years from now IF somehow the car reaches legendary status again.

You "let it go" only if you can have the last word. I was the one who let it go because you're a black hole time suck and I don't have time for it. Again with the ego, everything is you being the good guy through your eyes. You talk like your words are the Gospel. If I were like you, I would tell you to GTFO like you did to me on your NSX 2.0 circle jerk thread. I'm not riding anyone's coat tails, but I noticed how you dismissed similar criticisms about the car instead of noticing that other people see the same things in it.

You "let it go" only if you can have the last word. I was the one who let it go because you're a black hole time suck and I don't have time for it. Again with the ego, everything is you being the good guy through your eyes. You talk like your words are the Gospel. If I were like you, I would tell you to GTFO like you did to me on your NSX 2.0 circle jerk thread. I'm not riding anyone's coat tails, but I noticed how you dismissed similar criticisms about the car instead of noticing that other people see the same things in it.

Correction. I told you to move on. Everyone gets that you hate the new NSX. You can't articulate why you do clearly and you never have. I've addressed all of your attempts at criticism. If you can actually provide a strong arguments to what I last said about your weak criticism of horizontal headlights and "proper sports car" theory, feel free. If not, just let it go and enjoy your current baby Nero.

It's one thing where you take it personal when I say something, but when others give praise to the new NSX, you still somehow rear your head in and try to bash it. I don't think that's productive at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Again this is not horrible but as N Spec himself admits, it's not a home run. I think VF as well as others have identified some key reasons why that is the general feeling. Furthermore in this shot as well as others, the hood looks like a lid that is just sitting in top of the car's front end.

What if the lights were tilted back from the bottom to the top and the hanging design was done away with by adding body colored material under the lights?

I've been a big supporter of body color front bumper. I personally think it looks better and simplifies the 3 tone, black and chrome situation. Paint the chrome and certain parts of the front bumper black. It would address a lot of visual noise.

They should revisit that front end, that's all. Reactions should range from enthusiasm to indifference (different tastes..), but from what i see here and from my relations it's going from negative to mild interest (but from someone who wont buy it anyway). You shouldnt have to explain with convoluted arguments and photoshops to someone that the car is beautiful, that should be obvious, with a non edited photo, or even better in front of the real car. Show a 458 to the same public, or an Aston, or a 4C, reactions will be almost unanimously positive. The 4C is even getting a LOT of praise just everywhere, because the execution is perfect, from every point of view or camera angle. I got photos of one in satin red (that matte color that attracts fingerprints..) it's just stunning. It's got that "i got to get one !" factor. Same goes for the latest Astons, etc. etc. They didnt leave details like a botched front end get in the way, they did not need any explanation to tell people how to look at the car... Let's see how much worldwide praise the new NSX gets, so far i found the reactions are kinda mixed.

Only on here, these forums, are diagrams and studies needed lol. Everywhere else, people will just be like nice car and might take a selfie with it. They will remark a 458 or Aston because of brand recognition also.

Only in your mind have I not articulated why I do not like the new NSX. I've listed out and shown examples and analyzed just like you have but you refuse to recognize factual information that contradicts your point of view. No need to continue this discussion but I'm sure you'll have to have the last word so go ahead.

............I'm getting the last word...........................................scolobast.....

depends on whether you are a messy cook...

I strongly suggest to change the triangle openings on the rear bumper as the brand new Honda Fit/Jazz has similar ones too and it look very, very fugly. Looking at the rear of the NSX now reminds me of a Fit/Jazz. I've no idea why they did this, the NSX should have unique design attributes, not shared by other cars in their line.

Thanks for the pics. The front of the Fit would be ok BUT the rear of the Fit/Jazz looks really fugly (Ok, the whole car :)). The design of the NSX was ok for me UNTIL the Fit/Jazz was released. Never ever should they have let the Fit/Jazz on the market like this. Now, the rear of the NSX has to be redesigned IMHO. A horizontal chrome or color matched line in the middle of the honeycombe might do the trick.

My understanding is stand alone "floating emblems" in the grill will become de rigueur on upcoming new Acuras

Let me get this straight... You're comparing a ~$20K car to a $150K+ car based solely on family resemblance?

So Audi, BMW, Lexus and everyone else that does the same thing with their flagships or visual concepts can get away with it but not Honda?

4920ccf20c7a8c4a56ad416600b08335_large.jpeg

2013-Audi-A3-Red-Wallpaper-Front-view-1.jpg

I see plenty of resemblance in any family of cars.

And then there's this:

11232761_444989885660257_1503272058_n.jpg

One can find similar elements on a cheap car and a really expensive car at any given moment.

So if Ferrari had a $20-$30K pedestrian car that resembled or share similar traits to the parent company, would they suffer the same nitpicks? No, but wait:

86583c663d121f51e2feaa3d7724ededx.jpg

fiat_500-5dr.jpg

Same catfish-like, tubular mouth opening painted black on a $16K Fiat as you would find on the $300K Ferrari... :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

And then, there's this:

07dde786d77dc589dac589f9ec236f8b.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

nsx_2009_14.JPG

Are they the same? Both the Nissan and Mitsubishi came to production before the NSX.

Let me get this straight... You're comparing a ~$20K car to a $150K+ car based solely on family resemblance?

actually, no. your presumption is completely incorrect. no need to get your panties all bunched up.

I'm comparing the rear end of the new NSX to other Supercars and exotics...

p.s. nice comparison of the Ferrari 458 and Fiat 500 however, they're almost like twins! if you're completely blind in both eyes. :biggrin:

So Audi, BMW, Lexus and everyone else that does the same thing with their flagships or visual concepts can get away with it but not Honda?
The examples you posted look different enough to my eyes. What Audi, BMW and the rest of the Germans are doing is in their responsability. None of their cars are really design icons. Lexus/Toyota and the term 'design' are galaxies away since they exist. :)

The question is why Honda put on a design element of a $150k car on a $20k? Here's a picture of what I really talk about:
2015-honda-fit-rs-rear-three-quarters.jpg
I was totally unnecessary to fit it on a Fit. Now as the Fit has been released with it, the NSX has to be redesigned IMO if they want to keep the design of the new NSX far away enough from a $20k car.

The only Nissan i'd consider beautiful is the 250/270Z, the Silvia was nothing like it (or the next iterations of the Z). And no, that Ferrari front end doesnt look anything like the small Fiat in the picture. What we picture here with the Fit/Jazz is *exactly* the same design, and if i remember that's also a common design with the 2016 Accord Coupe (including the rear tail lights). This common design is acceptable on an upscale coupe from the same brand (and again, the Prelude 4G and 5G had unique designs... ) but a bit surprising on a supercar.

imo the back end is boring except for the diffuser ..it needs to be more mechanical industrial back there ,more interresting than just shiny plasticy looking..

actually, no. your presumption is completely incorrect. no need to get your panties all bunched up.

I'm comparing the rear end of the new NSX to other Supercars and exotics...

p.s. nice comparison of the Ferrari 458 and Fiat 500 however, they're almost like twins! if you're completely blind in both eyes. :biggrin:

It was clearly a sarcastic post. The point is that it's ridiculous to make the comparisons for any car. The 240sx/180sx and Eclipse have similar traits to the first NSX, but they are not the same type of cars.

The examples you posted look different enough to my eyes. What Audi, BMW and the rest of the Germans are doing is in their responsability. None of their cars are really design icons. Lexus/Toyota and the term 'design' are galaxies away since they exist. :)

The question is why Honda put on a design element of a $150k car on a $20k? Here's a picture of what I really talk about:
View attachment 127747
I was totally unnecessary to fit it on a Fit. Now as the Fit has been released with it, the NSX has to be redesigned IMO if they want to keep the design of the new NSX far away enough from a $20k car.

I think it's an issue with the Fit and not so much of the NSX. The concept design arrived in 2012 before the Fit's new design dropped. The Fit is never going to be a good looking car based on it's proportions alone (even then it's subjective and up to the eye of the beholder), so I don't see the point in talking about it and comparing it to a sports car that is boxing in the proportion class of the 458/MP4-12C size and shape. The 3 aforementioned sports cars are the shaped virtually the same and would be a more apple-to-apples comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

regardless, the rear end of the NSX is massively boring to look at (in my opinion), and doesn't look anything like a Supercar should...

It is widely know by now that we all have different standards and regards as to what a "supercar" should look like. Haha

I think it's an issue with the Fit and not so much of the NSX. The concept design arrived in 2012 before the Fit's new design dropped. The Fit is never going to be a good looking car based on it's proportions alone (even then it's subjective and up to the eye of the beholder), so I don't see the point in talking about it and comparing it to a sports car that is boxing in the proportion class of the 458/MP4-12C size and shape. The 3 aforementioned sports cars are the shaped virtually the same and would be a more apple-to-apples comparison.

It is widely know by now that we all have different standards and regards as to what a "supercar" should look like. Haha

I would disagree, I think most people have exactly the same idea of what a Supercar should look like, as evidenced by the many similar comments about the boring arse back end of this vehicle (Fit or NSX, take your pic?). a Supercar from every angle should look, well, bloody super! not like a Honda Fit in any way, shape or form. both cars came from Honda, the NSX is designed and touted as an exotic Supercar, and as such should appear so. just like the F1 joke, err...I mean engine program. there's really no excuse for this silliness.

The question is why Honda put on a design element of a $150k car on a $20k?

imo the back end is boring except for the diffuser ..it needs to be more mechanical industrial back there ,more interresting than just shiny plasticy looking..

gold NSX and docjohn are right on the money on this one. there is no argument here mate, the NSX tail looks about as exciting as a Buick...

Back