• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Negatives of the NSX 2.0

I think the other people who have positive words need to chime in. Not everyone has the same views on looks.

I like the industrial look of the Pagani Zonda's rear end, but I'm not a fan of the racey look with aggressive splitters/gaps and such as docjohn prefers. It's just different taste for different people.

more DIFFUSAAAAAAAA.....Done in my best spartanese..........

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm horse teeth........:tongue:

more DIFFUSAAAAAAAA.....Done in my best spartanese..........

:biggrin:

I think the other people who have positive words need to chime in. Not everyone has the same views on looks.

I like the industrial look of the Pagani Zonda's rear end, but I'm not a fan of the racey look with aggressive splitters/gaps and such as docjohn prefers. It's just different taste for different people.

you can't win this one mate, you're gonna have to let it go. that back end is ugly!

attachment.php

Nothing that cant be fixed!

:biggrin:

you can't win this one mate, you're gonna have to let it go. that back end is ugly!

One can't really win a subjective argument. Unless there is universal acclaim, which is rarely the case. I think there should be a poll on the looks of the new NSX. I would be curious to see the bias of this forum tho.

One can't really win a subjective argument. Unless there is universal acclaim, which is rarely the case.

that statement is not incorrect.

I think there should be a poll on the looks of the new NSX. I would be curious to see the bias of this forum tho.

while this forum is quite substantially biased, as is to be expected. it would seem that universally and subjectively no one is digging the rear end of this car...

that statement is not incorrect.

while this forum is quite substantially biased, as is to be expected. it would seem that universally and subjectively no one is digging the rear end of this car...

I think it's a first major mention actually as most of the hate has been for the "Beak". My issue with the rear has do with shape and less with details like splitters/diffusers etc. I think it should be longer like the original.

However, the largest concerns should be the powertrain and performance/competitiveness at the moment!

I think it's a first major mention actually as most of the hate has been for the "Beak". My issue with the rear has do with shape and less with details like splitters/diffusers etc. I think it should be longer like the original.

you are correct again sir, the front sucks too! :biggrin:

However, the largest concerns should be the powertrain and performance/competitiveness at the moment!

and as you and I have spoken privately on this matter, once more you are right on the money, more so than you even know...

I read many of the comments regarding personal taste for how the vehicle appears, but to me the chief negative is simply that they screwed the pooch on promising the car to be able to be ordered by this summer and missed it. Justify it however you want, but as someone that has had a deposit down for YEARS that just burns me. That, and I genuinely feel that the car will be yesterday's news within 1 year of its release, maybe less.

to a new generation this car may become just as timeless and desirable as the old one.........or not..........

Last edited:
I read many of the comments regarding personal taste for how the vehicle appears, but to me the chief negative is simply that they screwed the pooch on promising the car to be able to be ordered by this summer and missed it. Justify it however you want, but as someone that has had a deposit down for YEARS that just burns me. That, and I genuinely feel that the car will be yesterday's news within 1 year of its release, maybe less.

You go to a restaurant hungry. They promise a wonderful and exceedingly tasty dish.:biggrin: You order it.:tongue:
You wait and wait...getting hungrier.:rolleyes:
They tell you it is coming...you are excited and even hungrier:frown:
They tell you it will be longer than they thought because they had to change something in the way the dish was being prepared:mad::confused:

Your friends are already enjoying tasty dishes in the restaurant next door and are burping with delight...you feel foolish:redface:

You get up and join your friends and pretty soon you are burping with delight as well.:wink:

Well, that is what it is sort of like...shame really.
When you get this hungry and mad, even if you do finally get your food, you just cannot enjoy it so much...

lets see what kind of numbers the press mule puts down in a few weeks........boy am I hungry....:wink:

You go to a restaurant hungry. They promise a wonderful and exceedingly tasty dish.:biggrin: You order it.:tongue:
You wait and wait...getting hungrier.:rolleyes:
They tell you it is coming...you are excited and even hungrier:frown:
They tell you it will be longer than they thought because they had to change something in the way the dish was being prepared:mad::confused:

Your friends are already enjoying tasty dishes in the restaurant next door and are burping with delight...you feel foolish:redface:

You get up and join your friends and pretty soon you are burping with delight as well.:wink:

Well, that is what it is sort of like...shame really.
When you get this hungry and mad, even if you do finally get your food, you just cannot enjoy it so much...

I'm always hungry, consistently everyday. Hunger is not a social display but something we as humans exhibit as part of living. Anger is in only temporary for me. Never would I be too angry to enjoy a good meal.

The major drawback of the NSX is it's now known Godzilla like weight of at least 3,800 lbs.

Too much added weight for the paltry amount of power the three electric motors/batteries are adding to the 500 hp ICE.

The price of about $170k is also higher than originally anticipated.

The price of about $170k is also higher than originally anticipated.

Is the $170k figure a confirmed number? The reviews appear to reference both the original $155k + figure and the new $170k + number. What is the source of the $170k + number?

Is the $170k figure a confirmed number? The reviews appear to reference both the original $155k + figure and the new $170k + number. What is the source of the $170k + number?
You're not buying it direct from the factory. Extra would be dealer markup.

I am pretty sure it is still $155 base but the two pre-production cars were outfitted with carbon ceramic brakes as an option which are something like a $10K option.

For what it's worth, I am actually surprised with the performance considering the weight. Design...it gets a meh...but at the same time it could have been much much worse (Acura ASCC). So I am willing to give it a pass. Identity? A few of the articles touched on it, Acura isn't quite sure how to market this car and themselves in general. What image are they going for? Super Sports Car or a Super Luxury Car that happens to also be a Sports Car. With the old NSX I can place a poster of Senna or the McLaren MP4/4 next to it. With this one, not so much. Where does it belong? Like others mentioned, if you go to the Acura site, you get pictures of the lady with horse teeth and the old hipster guy. Not exactly the things you chat about around the water cooler. May as well add Dave from accounting who helped fund the budget for the rear view mirror. Will I buy one, time will tell. I bought my 92 in 99. So it was 7 years old, and by then I was able to see if the car in general had any major gremlins to worry about. Owner reviews were clean, car design had ties to F1 (of which I am a fan), mechanically bullet proof. SOLD!!! So maybe in 7 years I will get my hands on a Gen 2. But if in the long run, all that extra tech amounts to more headaches, then I'll still be happily cruising in my old school NSX. One thing I will say though, that is on the NSX's side. You wont see very many of them which is a big selling point for me. Not to take things away from Porsche (yes even the GT3...but it still just another variation of the 911) or dare I say the new Corvette, but after a few years, those cars are a dime a dozen. Me personally, I want a car that you will not see on the road very often.

Last edited:
I bought my 92 in 99. So it was 7 years old, and by then I was able to see if the car in general had any major gremlins to worry about. Owner reviews were clean, car design had ties to F1 (of which I am a fan), mechanically bullet proof. SOLD!!! So maybe in 7 years I will get my hands on a Gen 2. But if in the long run, all that extra tech amounts to more headaches, then I'll still be happily cruising in my old school NSX.

What if there never had been the original first generation NSX? What if this was the very first true world class sports car HONDA every made?
Would it be better received by the car enthusiasts?

I think it would. The inevitable comparisons with the original would be absent.
The price would be easier to swallow as the competition is at least as expensive if not more.
The design would irk us less as there would be no sublime previous car for comparison.

The main gripes would be the somewhat excessive weight and the lifeless steering, which I understand had to be engineered in to counter the huge torque being delivered to the front wheels and the resultant uncontrollable torque steer. All this technology to increase acceleration, top speed etc. with more and more power has its consequences in a car with better stats, numbers and bragging rights but a higher price tag and an ultimately heavier, less tactile, less endearing, less involving and less sporting machine with less feel. Even more than the increase in weight, I cannot imagine an NSX that does not have a great steering feel.

The independent front motors should eliminate the typically negative "torque steer" with proper programming.3800lbs is a lot...
Peter Cunningham basically said this same thing. He felt the torque steer did not exist as aided by the motors. I really hope they refine the software on this car. Could be the make or break........

Back