• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Nemos Garage X Marvelous Tune dual duty Street/Time Attack car.

Hey Guys,

My name is Amir for Marvelous Tune. I purchased a high mileage '91 NSX that had great maintenance, but needed a little love. The car was owned by a friend and Prime member, and a dinner with friends led me to buy this car.

I partnered up with Nemos Garage for the build and have been working to get it up to speed for the last few months.

I'm new to the NSX community. However I've been in the tuning and track scene for a little under 10 years.

One of my first projects was my 911. This was the car I used to live out my boy racer dreams, and has since become a passion project that spends most of its time sitting in the garage. You can read a little more about the car here if you'd like.

tumblr_nh0lsjpW6y1qfzs7zo8_r1_1280.jpg

My current dedicated Time Attack car is the StanceWorks e36 M3. The car and I had a successful history with an undefeated Enthusiast RWD season with Redline Time Attack, a Super Lap Battle Victory, and a win in European Car Magazine's Tuner GP. This was my daily driver for a while, and is now being converted into a full Time Attack car.

amir-m3-stanceworks-time-attack-super-lap-battle.jpg

I have always been a big fan of FWD Hondas on track and Honda's Motorsport heritage. I got my feet wet with a couple of Civics, and eventually picked up a project RSX for my daily driver

22171355975_2249eb268e_b.jpg

That brings us to now. Being in the right place at the right time allowed me to pick up a car that I wouldn't feel bad driving hard. The plan is to build a competent track car that will compete in Vtec Club USA, and Enthusiast or Street RWD in Time Attack.

I don't believe in compromising when it comes to a dual duty car. At the end of the day, this is a street car. Comfort and reliability must be retained. The car will also have a full interior, a/c, and heater.

This is how the car looked the day I picked up.

24114495504_95061ed417_b.jpg

Since then I've been working on cutting weight, getting the suspension ready, and adding a bit of power.

First things first, the Work Anhelos needed to go. The natural choice for wheels was TE37's.

24106060072_1b5aa379c7_b.jpg

23587288473_ecd62de970_b.jpg

At the same time I swapped out the B Pillar covers for some carbon pieces from Japan. The paint was starting to flake off of the originals, so I took the opportunity to cut some weight.

25895054391_4997b57728_b.jpg

The original weighed a little over 2lbs each

25869211922_9909bb464f_b.jpg

The carbon B Pillar covers weighed under half a pound. I may go back and make my own B Pillar covers since the fitment on these isn't the best, and I prefer the look of twill over plain weave carbon.

A couple weeks later I addressed the power department. The exhaust system on the NSX seems be quite the restriction, that was where I started. I added Prospeed test pipes, and a temporary ARK exhaust to the Pride headers that were installed in the car.

Once the exhaust was addressed, the next mod on the to do list was the Prospeed RDX injector kit and tune.

25990042715_2dae51cf1d_b.jpg

I was blown away by how big of a difference the RDX Injector made to the car. The midrange torque, overall power, and driveability all improved.

very nice "other cars" love the 911!
nice work getting started on the NSX

Awesome past builds!

Indeed Prospeed tune with RDX injectors definitely open up our NSX's. sure did for mine! and thats Pre getting my Pride Headers.

and Keep up with the NSX build from the looks of it you are off to a awesome start with your build! if you ever want to sell those B pillars let me know ;)

Awesome past builds!

Indeed Prospeed tune with RDX injectors definitely open up our NSX's. sure did for mine! and thats Pre getting my Pride Headers.

and Keep up with the NSX build from the looks of it you are off to a awesome start with your build! if you ever want to sell those B pillars let me know ;)
Definitely an awesome mod. I'm actually working with Prospeed on a new project that make just as big of a difference. I'll post here once we get it going. And I'll PM you if I make another set! haha.

Looking forward to the build! You are definitely going in the right direction.

very nice "other cars" love the 911!
nice work getting started on the NSX

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I took her out for her first shake down at Willow Springs. The suspension definitely needed some love. Having to counter at 125+ through the infamous Turn 8 was not very comforting.

25895167111_1b9c849abd_b.jpg

The next project was to start making a custom GT Wing for the NSX. Part of what I do with Marvelous Tune is making Aero Packages for e36's, so I wanted to go a little further with the NSX, and made my own carbon uprights and end plates.

Here is a shot of the uprights

25831832990_000b43bf92_b.jpg

The test fit aligned it with perfectly to roof height and flush with the rear bumper making it legal for most classes

26012218582_7a1c26fc76_b.jpg

A koyorad radiator and oil cooler were next on the list and an absolute must with hot summer CA track days coming up. Mounting the oil cooler in front of the right rear 1/4 panel vent proved to be a lengthy task.
25502056353_862eb51958_b.jpg

Adding power was great and brought the car to life, but stopping it had become a little scary on track. Project Mu Club Racers are my go to for Track pads that I use on the street. They have been surprisingly quiet on both the M3 and NSX.

25649962582_9d50585224_b.jpg

25649960532_f36ff6200b_b.jpg

I also got a chance install my lightweight battery and tray set up

25470233660_2896dfe5c3_b.jpg

The factory battery and tray weighed around 44lbs
25693865523_653cb8516c_b.jpg

My battery and tray weighed a hair under 4.4 lbs
26296608805_18c3f9ddd9_b.jpg

I also spent some time working on the end plates for my wing after getting the battery swap finished.

25140467604_fd5e28aa23_b.jpg

Here is a shot of the finished product
25691737944_1afdc17185_b.jpg

Now it's onto the next set of projects and round 2 of Vtec Club USA!
25770915525_03807e1331_b.jpg

Loving it. Spoiler looks great so far! Big thumbs up for taking those work wheels off. Yikes they did not go with the car at all. The car looks pissed off already and you just started. :smile:

What's up Amir! The car looks awesome!!
Thanks! Hybrid planning on making some NSX parts?!?! Haha. Hope to see you guys for the Year 8 meet!

Loving it. Spoiler looks great so far! Big thumbs up for taking those work wheels off. Yikes they did not go with the car at all. The car looks pissed off already and you just started. :smile:
Thank you! I'm on the final steps for the aero, so hope to have that up and posted soon.

I had the NSX at the track last weekend for Round 2 of Vtec Club USA at Willow Springs international raceway. I was surprised by how well the car did considering how far it is from competition ready. With no aero and on NT05's I managed a 1:32.9 which secured a victory in class, and a new Group N record. I also believe this is the non-aero Street Tire NSX record as well. I'm thinking I can get the lap under 30 without aero with just tires and a camber kit up front. Quite a few projects going on currently.

In an effort to cut some weight, decrease drag and add a bit of style (at least to me). I swapped the factory mirrors out for some Magical Racing Mirrors.

The factory mirrors were just under a couple pounds
25944859023_a307b84e4c_b.jpg

MRacing mirrors were under a pound together
26481712851_312f7ab9b4_b.jpg

Factory
26455439112_3b62c7b085_b.jpg

MRacing
26481713201_c722a1a02b_b.jpg

Here's a shot of them on track last weekend
vtec-club-season-1-rd-2-acura-nsx-front-track.jpg

hahaha, "never say never" - Justin Beiber.

Let me know if you guys ever develop something!

Hi Amir, Looking to do exactly what your doing with my NSX. I ordered a set of ZE40s that should be here soon and was also looking at NT05s. I've used them on a few cars and they're great for dual purpose track/street. Wanted ask about the sizing and offsets on the TE37s. With the concave fronts, do you get any rubbing at all? Can you post the exact front and rear wheel TE37s sizes you are running. The TEs have me second guessing the ZE40s now...Thanks so much. With any luck Ill see you out there...

Hi Amir, Looking to do exactly what your doing with my NSX. I ordered a set of ZE40s that should be here soon and was also looking at NT05s. I've used them on a few cars and they're great for dual purpose track/street. Wanted ask about the sizing and offsets on the TE37s. With the concave fronts, do you get any rubbing at all? Can you post the exact front and rear wheel TE37s sizes you are running. The TEs have me second guessing the ZE40s now...Thanks so much. With any luck Ill see you out there...

The ZE's will look great! I'm running 17x9 +22 and 18x10.5 +22 the fronts are tough and rub when entering or exiting driveways. They don't rub on track, but I'm running about -4 camber up front and -3 in the rear. And come out to a Vtec Club event. There are a couple NSX's that come out.

Last edited:
A small update, but parts have been rolling in.

I finished the first stage of the Marvelous Tune Aero package. This includes a 4" chassis mounted splitter that can be installed and removed in under 60 seconds, and a GT Wing that would meet most rule sets.
13217184_10154181651226737_2484522408832247582_o.jpg

I was planning on going wide body, and had all of the parts I wanted planned, then a pair of Marga Hills rear 1/4 panels came up on the local craigslist, so I couldn't say no! Half of the wide body was there.
27026254111_84a1a13cab_b.jpg

A week later, the Yokota Bodycraft fenders I was looking for popped up for sale on the owners group.
27000197522_452607a41a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent build! How did you mount those mirrors?

Excellent build! How did you mount those mirrors?

I pulled the base plates off of the door and modified them to work with the M Racing Mirrors.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the latest projects has been the Scramjet Exhaust from Kristian at Battlecraft. The quality of the exhaust was excellent, and there was a noticeable power gain over the ARK exhaust that was on the car before. We wanted a center mount that would cut weight, but merge the exhaust. The end result was similar to the Sorcery exhaust, with slightly different routing to keep the length as equal as possible.

You can read more here. http://marveloustune.com/index.php/2016/06/14/project-nsx-battlecraft-scramjet-exhaust/

27182123052_a20cc0c3b6_h.jpg

26671949634_28d3562dce_h.jpg

27278860835_23b8c58a91_h.jpg

26671924084_5c01a114c5_h.jpg

this is so weird, I was literally just listening to the podcast that you did with narita dogfight, Didn't realise you were that911 :p

loved the Porsche build and the bmw that I read about on stanceworks

Last edited:
That exhaust is beautiful. Pure quality.

Wow, that's quite a bit of progress in just 3 Months!

Thanks guys!

this is so weird, I was literally just listening to the podcast that you did with narita dogfight, Didn't realise you were that911 :p

loved the Porsche build and the bmw that I read about on stanceworks

How funny, yup that's me haha! Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully this project doesn't disappoint

It's been a while since I've posted an update due to an unfortunate coming together with a moving object on the freeway. Fortunately, that is all resolved, and the car is ready for a little more work.

Since then I installed a Cusco Cage, Cusco Harnesses, and a pair of Bride Zeig III's. (Thanks to Joey Lee from the Chronicles for the photos https://stickydiljoe.com/2016/07/29/wekfest-san-jose-2016-coverage-part-1/)

28511515102_2844f6b8c0_o.jpg

28001794943_0a38d8e112_o.jpg

28001790703_f66449153e_o.jpg

And a little something for the future.
tumblr_oaqbk6xxSI1qfzs7zo1_540.jpg

And a little something for the future.
tumblr_oaqbk6xxSI1qfzs7zo1_540.jpg

Dude, are you doing a K24 swap in the NSX?! I've read of one or two other people who have done this. That's going to be a riot! Some people really naysay that swap because it's isn't a V6 and frankly I understand where they're coming from and wouldn't ever do it myself. But as a fellow K-swapper (supercharged K24A2 in my Lotus Exige), I will say that it is pretty damned fun. Big power on the cheap!

Well, relative to big power on a C engine, anyway!

Back