• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Next Collectables

+1. The main complaint against the NSX within a couple years of its release was its lack of HP compared to its rivals. Anyone whose driven a 500 HP Lambo, Ferrari and a supercharged or turbo NSX will attest to this. The NSX was engineered for more power within reason.

Given the fact that so few NSXs were produced and the undisputed opinion of its significance in automotive history, I believe it should continue increase in value so long as the modifications are to improve it's performance without cutting up the car or sacrificing reliability and installed as if Honda had done it at the factory. I just recently had the SOS Twins installed in such a way. My car still looks 100% stock because I fell in love with the way the car looked from the factory. To be honest, I didn't buy my car for its collectability or as an investment. But, I still want to stay true to the NSX design. And if it continues to appreciate, that's just icing on the cake.

I have the SOS twins too. I love the setup so far. The packaging is tidy and could pass for OEM since it so clean.

I don't think there is any doubt that a Comptech or SOS supercharger, or an SOS or other quality turbo kit, tuned conservatively, will raise the value of a nice NSX. All one has to do is look at the going prices for stock NSXs vs. those with one of the above-mentioned systems. Don't expect to get the cost of the system back when you sell the car. But then again, that's not really the point of these modifications.

Whether this will continue to be the case in five or ten years remains to be seen.

In this humble (old) mans opinion, mods that improve braking, cornering, acceleration, and entertainment (sound) Is what we as car guys (hot rodders) are supposed to do. The factory has to make decisions based on cost per unit blah blah blah. We on the other hand have the freedom not to be restrained. I replaced my brakes (a known weak spot on nsx's) with AP brakes and feel safer than with stock brakes and these never EVER fade. What could be wrong with that. I have had many many " collector cars" 65 corvette, 66 corvette big block, Porsche 911's 67, 72, 81, 83. Mercedes 68 280sl, 69 280 se coupe, 71 280 se sedans. Always afraid of breaking somthing and having to replace with none original part. That took a lot of enjoyment out of owning these cars. I don't feel that wa bout this nsx, I just drive for the pure joy of what it is. AWSUME, When I hit the nitrous button.

Back