• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The next NSX has already been built!

Well, kind of. I received news last night that HAM has seen some visitors lately from other countries who hold VERY high positions at their respective factories. So much so that they have been involved in/ witnessed the original build-up (first phase tolerance testing) of our new beloved NSX. Not really a surprise unless you consider Honda's time lines regarding buildups. Honda releases its new models rather quickly following this particular stage, even causing a lot of line workers and engineers to throw in 70-80 hour work weeks.

My point is, I have been given a quasi-confirmed 2007 release date! I did not think Honda would even be close to a release on this project so this took me by surprise. Once my interest in the subject was realized, lips became pursed and the only further information I could gather was that the car would closely resemble the HSC.

I plan on spending some leisure time with these gentlemen sometime very soon, and I hope to get some stiff drinks into them. Maybe more details will happen to fall into my lap. :biggrin:

Thanks for the teaser. Lets us know what, if anything, they say.

White 92 trying to send you a pm server says you have exceeded your quota and need to delete messages before you can receive any new ones. :biggrin:

sorry about that. I did a little house cleaning. You should be good to go now. :smile:

Hey, if you can get any good info out of them, I'll PayPal you some $$ to pay for the drinks. Jeebus, I hope they still call it the NSX.

Inquiring mind wants to know....

I heard not going to be called the NSX any longer (which may also be the reason for the wait between the end of production of this model and the start of the new one). I know the crash regs. are the reason they stopped on the NSX now, but truthfully, they may already have the new one ready, but want to give a "grace" period to not tie the 2 together if the new one will be aimed at a different market and no longer be hand-built.

Call me crazy but I'll be extremely sad, disappointed if the sucessor to the NSX closely resembles the HSC :frown: . IMO the HSC doesn't look as exotic and timeless as the NSX did/does.

One of my colleague has supposeldy put a down for the new hsc and he said it will go around $125k so who knows.....

the waittt...

Anticipated release in 2007 model year, being a 2008 model?!? :confused: Man... 2006 is gonna be a longgg year!?! :eek:

For reference, brand-new Gallardo's are going for $15k below MSRP & brand-new F430's are going for $30K above MSRP... :biggrin:

If the MSRP for a brand-new one will be $125k, I'd have to pass EVEN if I would be able to afford it no matter what the performance may be. I try to keep perspective when it comes to such things, and that would be on the extreme end of the spectrum, sad to say... :redface:

Now if it's +/- 5-10% of the outgoing model's MSRP, I'd be keen... :cool:

Re: the waittt...

Osiris_x11 said:
Anticipated release in 2007 model year, being a 2008 model?!? :confused: Man... 2006 is gonna be a longgg year!?! :eek:

For reference, brand-new Gallardo's are going for $15k below MSRP & brand-new F430's are going for $30K above MSRP... :biggrin:

If the MSRP for a brand-new one will be $125k, I'd have to pass EVEN if I would be able to afford it no matter what the performance may be. I try to keep perspective when it comes to such things, and that would be on the extreme end of the spectrum, sad to say... :redface:

Now if it's +/- 5-10% of the outgoing model's MSRP, I'd be keen... :cool:

I agree with you but it might be a bargain when everything is said and done......but we'll have to wait and see :biggrin:

I just do not see the market for a 125K Honda. Look at the Volkswagen Phaeton. It's a great car, but no one is buying them becuase for similar (or less) money they can have a nameplate with more cache. I think the 911TT or the new Aston Martin will sell more in this price range, even if the Acura is the better car.

If they are married...get em drunk, take em to a strip club, take photos. Those photos make good bartering items for info. (Sad as it sounds I know a company in Hawaii that used that tactic to win deals) But hey this is for the next gen NSX!! :biggrin:

I am not in the least bit surprised. Honda is so good at maintaining secrecy and with current technology, R and D is enhanced dramatically in terms of time frame. I will venture to guess that it will be priced at 100k. Less and it won't reimburse Honda for the amazing technology- more and it won't represent the fantastic value that Honda is known for..!! Can't wait and I will get one for sure :smile:

As far as the price is concerned, I hope Honda does not try to price it

according to what Lexus will price its LF-A exotic. That would make the price well over a hundred grand. No matter how great the car is, at that price it would be difficult to justify the purchase for too many reasons.

I hope for the sake of the enthusiasts and for Honda's sales as well that they will price it in the same ball park as the outgoing NSX, which great as it is, was never considered a "bargain Honda".

I agree that something more exotic looking than the HSC concept would be very desireable but if it is priced well, has 450-500 hp 10 cylinder engine and is less than 3000 lbs., it would be very difficult to resist.

I just don't see a V-10 fitting in the back of the HSC. Wasn't it reported that the HSC was a little shorter than an NSX? If it does have the capability to fit a V-10 i would assume the car would be a RR? or R/AWD? With the trunk space under the front hood like porsches?

NsSeX said:
I just don't see a V-10 fitting in the back of the HSC. Wasn't it reported that the HSC was a little shorter than an NSX? If it does have the capability to fit a V-10 i would assume the car would be a RR? or R/AWD? With the trunk space under the front hood like porsches?

Maybe they will utilize run flat tires with no spare on board. And use the front end as the trunk. So basically the entire back half of the car can be used for engine space.

White92 said:
Maybe they will utilize run flat tires with no spare on board. And use the front end as the trunk. So basically the entire back half of the car can be used for engine space.

Just like the Gallardo. :biggrin:

I like the look of the HSC a lot. It is very exotic. I would hope they clean the back up a little and make the interior nicer.

Didn't the head of Honda say they killed the HSC because he didn't like the look?

Also, the HSC had lambo doors... do we want them or not?

HSC'esque...

NetViper said:
Didn't the head of Honda say they killed the HSC because he didn't like the look?

I believe the powers that be at Honda weren't overly enthusiastic w/ the engine/powerplant options at the time (V6, 300bhp+, etc) that would be mated w/ the HSC design concept.

I agree w/ all/most of you, the HSC is very exotic and contemporary at the same time... of-course concept models get alot of changes from the auto shows to the dealership showrooms, but if the HSC is a template then that's an awesome start!

Unless the proposed Honda 'supercar' is revolutionary and a cut above the rest in terms of performance/ technology/ design/ quality/ looks/ exclusiveness, I would wish for it not to share the name, hallmark design attributes, and other subtle yet, similar details w/ the outgoing NSX.

Nostalgia aside, cars come and go... let the NSX remain unique and original, an icon! :cool:

Honda Please.....

Honda, please make sure the engine is visible out back and not covered up.
Give me at least 450 hp in a car under 3000 lbs.
Give me SH all wheel drive only if it significantly improves the handling and does not weigh too much.
Give me paddle shifters if possible, but give me a regular shifter as well.
Give me brakes that I do not need to upgrade.
Give me an exhaust that sounds great and does not weigh 45 lbs.
Give me a great color option.
Give me the car for around 90k, give or take a few k.

or else.... :wink:

Re: Honda Please.....

liftcontrol said:
Honda, please make sure the engine is visible out back and not covered up.
Give me at least 450 hp in a car under 3000 lbs.
Give me SH all wheel drive only if it significantly improves the handling and does not weigh too much.
Give me paddle shifters if possible, but give me a regular shifter as well.
Give me brakes that I do not need to upgrade.
Give me an exhaust that sounds great and does not weigh 45 lbs.
Give me a great color option.
Give me the car for around 90k, give or take a few k.

x2.

And I'll even take my Z06 deposit from GM too...

Shumdit said:
I just do not see the market for a 125K Honda. Look at the Volkswagen Phaeton. It's a great car, but no one is buying them becuase for similar (or less) money they can have a nameplate with more cache. I think the 911TT or the new Aston Martin will sell more in this price range, even if the Acura is the better car.

You can't compare the NSX replacement to the Phaeton. The Phaeton was a dud, did poorly in most reviews, crazy heavy and VW unreliable, why would anyone buy it regardless of who was making it? If the NSX replacement has a reliable mid-mounted detuned F1 engine, people will be all over it at $125k.

Back