• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Submarine • I can't still believe :0

Re: THE NSX SUBMARINE • I can't still believe :0

@ least we know that the video shows how you reach pretty much the limits on this car, tell me any exotic that can survive that .. ANY! ...
Oscar

It will be for sale soon, and you know the listing will state: "never driven in the rain!"
:confused:

Yeah, I guess he can set it on fire if he wants too. Neat. :rolleyes:

Whoever owns that car.....
idiot.gif

Anyone got videos of F cars or Lambo owners doing this crap to their cars?

edit: I just looked. There aren't.

BIG difference between a lambo or F-car and a 20K nsx...

want me to find you a 20K Fcar? I can, will look like poop next to a "20 K" NSX :biggrin: ... want me?

Oscar

I would cut the guy some slack about being stupid. It's entirely possible to find yourself in a spot where you keep going forward and hope for the best because there's no other good option.

I'm just amazed it kept running. The water looked to be significantly above the scoop for several seconds.

I think that's in the eye of the beholder. I think my NSX is BETTER than a Lambo or an F-Car. So that's how I treat her. I think when you do crap like this in an NSX, you do nothing but bring down the perceived value of these cars.
I mean it was a hand built car, and someone is out street surfing with it? IMO that is just really sad and disappointing.

I would cut the guy some slack about being stupid. It's entirely possible to find yourself in a spot where you keep going forward and hope for the best because there's no other good option.

With a video camera in perfect position on the other side :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Exactly who knows the real story.Maybe they measured the max depth before the run,maybe the motor is already broke and needs to be replaced anyways.There are a lot of maybes.Hell I drove home from The glen one sad year on 5 cylinders:redface:

Exactly who knows the real story.Maybe they measured the max depth before the run,maybe the motor is already broke and needs to be replaced anyways.There are a lot of maybes.Hell I drove home from The glen one sad year on 5 cylinders:redface:

Maybe just maybe he wanted to claim water damage and let the insurance company take it lol :tongue:

I did not know that you could drive these in the rain????? Every "for sale" post that I have ever seen says, "Driven on dry days only or never seen rain".:biggrin:

I don't ever reply to anything, however I feel compelled to reply to this thread.

"never driven in rain" happens to make me laugh every time I see those words along with the letters NSX. Why? Because unlike most other automobiles this one is ok to drive in the rain. Maybe even be parked outside.

It's not like he is worried about rust :biggrin:

On a personal note, if that were my car I'd have put it in park, locked it up, and knocked on the neighbors door. Asked them if they mind, then proceeded to swim home before I drove my car through that.

Anyone got videos of F cars or Lambo owners doing this crap to their cars?

edit: I just looked. There aren't.

Lambo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmnsw9TUpY

Carrera GT
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7DVe9oIhic&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7DVe9oIhic&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MC12
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7DVe9oIhic&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7DVe9oIhic&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ferrari
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_PaRRwpIU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_PaRRwpIU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I drove mine across a low water bridge once and have done some pretty scary streets after being caught in normal summer Florida afternoon thunderstorms. Nothing to compare to that video though.

Me and the low water bridge (Turner Falls Oklahoma).
DSC_6191.JPG

YIKES!

I read on prime that Florida is the place to wash titles, but this is going to extreme... wash the the title in the glove compartment, the under carriage, the interior and exterior all at one time.

Crazy...

I'm glad mine is Formula Red so it won't get mistaken for this one. :eek: :eek:

I'm guessing that the had no idea how deep it would get, and then once in, decided it'd be better to just press on than reverse out.

I'm definitely in the "no rain" camp -- there was a period of about three years where I was not sure if my wipers worked, 'cause I never used them. But living in a dry state like California you get that luxury...

I understand that this comment maybe rude, and that ultimately its his car and he can do whatever he pleases with his car, but honestly I have a deep love for NSX's...borderline nuts based on what I've read on this forum....

To me these cars aren't just cars...they're a piece of Honda history, they're so rare esp in the US, and are getting so old they should be preserved, taken care of, and honestly, respected.

Thats not to mean they shouldn't be driven, and only taken out of the garage and dusted down with a baby soft diaper once a week, but that certainly means they DESERVE to be better kept than this.

This guy straight up doesn't deserve to own/drive/be in that car. I don't care if he worked his entire life to afford and buy it, if he's going to do THAT with it, he in my opinion doesn't deserve to own it.

Sure to some of you, perhaps the benefit of the doubt should be given, maybe he didn't know it would be that bad, but honestly he shouldn't have even tried it. Unless his wife was giving birth and he had to make it to the hospital in time and there was no other route available, there is simply NO excuse for this.

Its a pity. Poor car. :frown:

Last edited:

This guy straight up doesn't deserve to own/drive/be in that car. I don't care if he worked his entire life to afford and buy it, if he's going to do THAT with it, he in my opinion doesn't deserve to own it.
Do you think he purposely drove into water that deep? Seems much more likely to me that by the time he realized how deep it was going to be, his best bet was to forge ahead.

Living in Florida, I can totally relate to how that could happen. I've been in some water that was scary to me at the time (although nothing like that). By the time you realize what you're in, you gotta keep going.

+1

You can see how flat the terrain, yards are in FL which makes it much more difficult to judge the depth. I saw this kind of thing all the time albeit with more normal cars.

Imagine how pissed you are as owner -- not only do you submerge and possibly seriously damage your NSX, but some jack@ss films you and sticks it on Youtube. No wonder he didn't stop once he cleared the water. :cool:

+1

You can see how flat the terrain, yards are in FL which makes it much more difficult to judge the depth. I saw this kind of thing all the time albeit with more normal cars.

Imagine how pissed you are as owner -- not only do you submerge and possibly seriously damage your NSX, but some jack@ss films you and sticks it on Youtube. No wonder he didn't stop once he cleared the water. :cool:

No sympathy here, the guy was a complete moron and I state again he doesn't deserve to have the NSX if he can't use common sense and realize that if you can't judge it accurately, DONT take the chance!

Hell living in Florida, I know that more than most, who dont live in Florida beacuse we get puddles like that all the time. IF you know the streets you're driving, its fairly simple to have an idea of how deep it is.

The only thing that makes sense here is that he didn't know where he was and didnt know how deep it COULD be. In which case he shouldn't have attempted it. If he DOES know the area and had a fairly good idea of how deep it COULD be and still attempted it anyway he's still a moron.

Bottom line, theres no excuse for this kind of stupidity. This isn't a damn Ford Focus, have some respect for the vehicle.

Again, all this is just my opinion however offensive it maybe. Seeing shit like this just pisses me off.

Do you think he purposely drove into water that deep? Seems much more likely to me that by the time he realized how deep it was going to be, his best bet was to forge ahead.

Living in Florida, I can totally relate to how that could happen. I've been in some water that was scary to me at the time (although nothing like that). By the time you realize what you're in, you gotta keep going.

Sorry I live in Florida too, hell I lived in Orlando at one point, very close to Winter Park, I wouldn't go into a puddle that I didn't have a good idea of depth with my ACCORD let alone my rare NSX.

In MY opinion, he's an idiot for even attempting it without being sure.

Reminds me of the time I was coming home one evening and the streets had slowed to a crawl. I couldn't figure out why...the roads had some water on it after a heavy thunderstorm but from where I was sitting it didn't look bad. Anyway I come upon a cop on the side of the road directing traffic and he looks at me and says no way you are making it through that, in that. I look further down the road after poking my head out...flooded to hell. I said f'that, turned around and took a long way home took me close to an hour because of traffic but the piece of mind was worth it.

HOWEVER watching that video the officer may of been wrong, I could of stood a fighting chance:tongue: OK maybe not one i was willing to take though.

Back