• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

"If the car was going quickly before the engine blew itself to smithereens then at least the team would have something to hang on to. But they haven't got anything. They haven't got power, reliability, driveability or efficiency."

what more can anyone say? dismal...

From another article on skysports:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/9981224/mclaren-honda-relationship-now-at-breaking-point

So any guesses of when Arai will be foreced out of his leadership role at Honda Motorsports R&D?

Will it take a disastrous showing by McLaren-Honda at Suzuka in 2 1/2 weeks for that to happen?

Not only did Mercedes not get pole or even front row, they got pushed all the way back to 3rd row!! lol

No mention of drivers? Funny how heavy marketing by sponsors and manufacturers have turned F1 racing all about teams! Remember guys, it has always been and will always be a Driver's championsip first and foremost. Constructors championship is always second.

No mention of drivers? Funny how heavy marketing by sponsors and manufacturers have turned F1 racing all about teams! Remember guys, it has always been and will always be a Driver's championsip first and foremost. Constructors championship is always second.

The point here is that Mercedes is not on podium, neither driver, so names don't matter.

Exactly

I don't like Seb but he did good job today,glad to see Daniel on podium.
For McHonda another bad race.Poore Fernando and Jenson.

They were both in the points too.

At least both McLarens finished ahead of one of the Mercedes!! :p

termal vision
12002250_958037440919883_5851089673471982470_n.jpg

Driver has something to do with it true but considering how often the grid looks like entrance to Noah's ark maybe it has more to do with the car. How else can you explain Button's singular championship, Alonso's two championships? They both didn't forget how to drive. True some drivers can wring just that little bit more from a car but the car is a huge contribution to the finishing order.

Wasn't Button supposed to announce something this weekend in Japan?

I think Dennis got off his hospital bed to convince Button to stay. I read that the three biggest execs met with McLaren and the result of that meeting may have changed his mind.

there was speculation that Jenson was going to announce his retirement from F1 at the Japanese Grand Prix, but it looks like he didn't. regardless, I'd be surprised if either driver is still with McLaren next year, especially Alonzo. his career is being wasted in that car...

If Honda can sort out their ERS deployment issues, they can at least be fighting for points. Alonso did a GREAT job fighting off faster cars for as long as he did considering the other cars had DRS enabled when they were behind him. Can't recall the number of cars he was fending off at several stages of the race.

Since we don't have a dedicated MotoGP thread, what a great race at Aragon. Not the result I wanted, but man, that Pedrosa v. Rossi battle was EPIC!!!!

I'm a bike guy more so than a car guy, and i'm with you on that one. it was fantastic to see Pedrosa stick it to Rossi right up until the bitter (for Valentino) end. good on the little Spaniard...

Oh, I'm not a Rossi fan btw. ;)

Marquez and Pedrosa for me.

If Honda can sort out their ERS deployment issues, they can at least be fighting for points. Alonso did a GREAT job fighting off faster cars for as long as he did considering the other cars had DRS enabled when they were behind him. Can't recall the number of cars he was fending off at several stages of the race.

Since we don't have a dedicated MotoGP thread, what a great race at Aragon. Not the result I wanted, but man, that Pedrosa v. Rossi battle was EPIC!!!!

Alonso is the only thing putting that car up as high as it gets, which isn't very high most of the time. or if it even finishes. sad.

I'm a bike guy more so than a car guy, and i'm with you on that one. it was fantastic to see Pedrosa stick it to Rossi right up until the bitter (for Valentino) end. good on the little Spaniard...

p.s. I'm not a Rossi fan either. I still think Lorenzo is taking the title.

I also think Lorenzo is gonna take it, even though Rossi has been on podium in every race except in San Marino.

Marquez has just had too many crashes, 5 of them, he would be in the thick of it, maybe even leading the championship had he not crashed, even if he didn't necessarily win those races.
Mathematically still in the fight, but realistically done, unless Lorenzo/Rossi each have a couple DNFs.

Iannone has been impressive this year too.

Back