• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

Ron, walked away with many $$$, when McLaren bought him out, I believe that the Team is not worth as much now, therefore he can buy it from McLaren international .

Bram

don't the owners of F1 own the team?

NO, all the Teams are independent....Liberty Media own the Commercial right to F1, including all the TV rights etc. I'm not to sure how the split between Liberty and the Race promotors are worked out.

Bram

.... and there was that thing about his partner's young daughter.

H-

Do a search for Mansour Ojjeh's daughter and Ron Dennis.

H-

Unless Mercedes can regroup over the summer break, I think this will be Ferrari's year.

Not so fast. There is one big fat lady warming up her vocal chords. I will wait until she can sing. A lot can happen in 11 races especially with the points so close and Merc’s unlimited resources.

I agree, in the past years, the WC have always been decided in the lats race.

Merc and Lewis, will regroup during the Summer break after new week's race, and will get these issues sorted, just like last year.

Bram

There is one big fat lady warming up her vocal chords.

I did see a fat Frau in the stands during FP2 looked like she was wearing a Ferrari shirt. Seriously though I think it will be down to the wire this year. Mercedes can't afford any more mistakes.

Quite a nice race to watch. Got my adrenaline going that's for sure.

H-

Good drive for Lewis, He deserved that win. I'm feeling so bad for lance Stroll, Last year in F3 he won all three races at that track, and this year he cant do anything. Really hoping he will move over to Force India in the offseason.

Back