• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

Sky is my favorite by far. Great coverage. I do miss Nick Harris doing motoGP races. US commentators should be doing wrestling or something in all sports. Truly hard to listen. Ferrari did one smart pit stop today.

As others have stated it looks like ESPN has just purchased the rights to broadcast the Sky F1 coverage on its networks. No post race interviews with Will Buxton either. I don't know about other F1 North American viewers, but I'm really missing the F1 coverage of NBCSN. I was kind of hoping that ESPN was going to hire them away from NBC and keep the band together but it appears they went a less cumbersome (and very likely cheaper) route. Bummer.

You guys can always browse the YouTube uploads for I think other coverage I think. I didn’t realize rights were switched to broadcast. Whatever network I ended up watching it on was though as it was the previous years. Or the link I found anyways.

As others have stated it looks like ESPN has just purchased the rights to broadcast the Sky F1 coverage on its networks. No post race interviews with Will Buxton either. I don't know about other F1 North American viewers, but I'm really missing the F1 coverage of NBCSN. I was kind of hoping that ESPN was going to hire them away from NBC and keep the band together but it appears they went a less cumbersome (and very likely cheaper) route. Bummer.

Post race coverage was very entertaining on Sky F1. ESPN always finds ways to ruin everything

The shock is irreversable as they cancelled the sweet ladies with the no. plates..

Thats it!!!!
No more F1.

Guess I'll be watching NASCAR instead!!!
Hahaha

Sent from Samsung Note8

I miss Will Buxton the most, watching him walk/run down the grid grabbing interviews was my favorite part of the broadcast. Hopefully it will get better but I'm not holding my breath.

I miss Will Buxton the most, watching him walk/run down the grid grabbing interviews was my favorite part of the broadcast. Hopefully it will get better but I'm not holding my breath.

On YouTube search "F1 Paddock Pass Austrailia GP." Apparently F1 has Mr. Buxton again gainfully employed. I was very pleased to find this.

Well, ESPN's coverage sucked.
What were they thinking?
Hopefully it was just because it was the first race of the year. Did you notice that a practice program was delayed almost an hour? My DVR didn't like that.
H-

We get Sky F1 coverage in Canada, and it is great. Martin Brundle and Paul Diresta both ex F1 drivers.

Bram

That is what we got, except ESPN simply rebroadcast it, as if they were pirating the signal. They would show commercials and there was no mention what was missed during commercials because it was a retransmission.

FOM (or whatever their name is now) should be ashamed at what happened. We didn't have these issues with Bernie running the show.

first race was crappy coverage...the times were wrong by an hour. we got a random video feed with no commentator and just crowd noise..then audio with no video...Brundle wandering around was mildly painful...Will B was more much more animated and entertaining...they did show Will with post qualy track side interviews...but cheaping out by just cut and pasting Sky is shortchanging the US viewership.The new owners of F1 need to seriously think about dedicating some resources to our TV crowd. also Who thinks mother Ferrari told Hass to cross-thread wheels on both cars....I have never seen a mistake like that done consecutively in the same race...

I think haas was too high up the order to take the dive. And had Mercs spreadsheet been correct Hamilton would have come out ahead even with the safety car. Of course F1 could close the pits until the cars are gathered behind the safety car like NASCAR to remove that element of strategy.

Although I love a good conspiracy theory ..I agree about the pit loophole..vetal was just lucky.

Italians thinking more logically than Germans... haha Spock vs Kirk....

I only got a tour of the factory in 83....never went to a race.

I'm going next year. Maybe general admission since I will be able to move around. I've been on the grid stands in Canada and Parabolica in Monza. Both cool, I'd like to see more like you can at COTA (motoGP/WEC visits). Do you have any suggestions?
[h=3][/h]

Back