• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

The 1st Baku race, F1 had to bring in Marshall's since non of locals had any experience. F1 does require some kind of certification to be a Marshall. Most Marshall's are volunteer and don't get paid.

It's been a long time since I've said something like this but I wish they would take this track off the schedule.
And replace it with what? Love the track setup, great overtakes, super exciting. Can't afford to loose street circuit.

I'm with you, solidol. Keep the street circuits! Many of the drivers commented Baku is much like Monaco but with several opportunities to pass. The streets of Baku have a ton of character...especially the higher elevation section in the old city. I think we can rest assured the F1 group will have the marshaling issues sorted next year.

Which one of those is a street circuit?

Nurburgring and Hockenheim. Do you consider Belgium a street circuit? I have a friend who once caught the bus at the bus stop chicane.

Australia is a good street course with professional course workers. Could Baku be that good, maybe? I can appreciate Monaco, like Ferrari it is part of F1's DNA (good and bad).

I drove the old Spa course a few decades ago when it was a street (country road) course (with bus stop) but I beleive the newer course is a closed racing circuit. Anyone been there recently ?

from the weekend before, impressive.

I agree with your comments......Max is a major accident waiting to happen.

I predict great future battles between him and Ricciardo.

can you guys predict the future?! :biggrin:

Another incident involving MAX.....moving around in the braking zone....he is going to kill someone

Bram

he does appear to be a bit of a real fucktard...

About 50% of the current F1 drivers are young with little F1 racing experience Toro Rosso drivers are an example (Hartley did race WEC). It takes time for drivers to become mature and Max will get there. Shummy and Senna weren't always easy on their competition in their early years.

problem with Max is that he doesn't seem to learn. he continues to do the same dumb shit repeatedly...

He is off balance as I've said previously. Is he too stubborn to learn from his mistakes, I hope not. Who was the paid Russian that he replaced? Way less talent, but still a driver with poor judgement. He didn't have Helmut Marko support, and once his lack of improvement in judgement was obvious he was sent down. I'm not sure RB can put team orders against Max, which may be part of the problem.

He is off balance as I've said previously. Is he too stubborn to learn from his mistakes, I hope not. Who was the paid Russian that he replaced? Way less talent, but still a driver with poor judgement. He didn't have Helmut Marko support, and once his lack of improvement in judgement was obvious he was sent down. I'm not sure RB can put team orders against Max, which may be part of the problem.

you're speaking of Kyvat.

perhaps if they take Max's mirrors off his car he'll quit swerving all over the bloody track? just my suggestion...

I agree with you Guys, however, sometime it take a bit accident to make guys like Max become wiser, and the way he is going this year it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Bram

I agree with you Guys, however, sometimes it takes a big accident to make guys like Max become wiser, and the way he is going this year it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Bram

that's spot on. hopefully he takes no one else with him... :frown:

the cleaning of track debris needs to be better...they need the Chinese brooms :tongue:

haha I don't think the trade deficits are because of those:biggrin:

all they are doing is cutting and pasting sky...

Back