• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

indeed they are pulling out later...but still rather abruptly:wink:

I remember when espn and speed would cover the press conference, at least the part in English. That was before F1 went out with the knucklehead with a mic into the podium.
I'd rather espn finish the post race interviews than pull out and go over to NCAA archery qualifying.

I sat at the Curva Parabolica (Monza) last year (2017). One tip to remember, once the race starts no one leaves their seats. My 2 young adults decided to buy something in back of grand stands, left their seats about lap 2 and the crowd made it known they weren't happy. When they came back from shopping they told me no one was shopping. That was not my experience when I went to Montreal in 2015. Like Montreal, be prepared to walk forever. its was worth it. Next year I'm going to Monaco.

I sat at the Curva Parabolica (Monza) last year (2017). One tip to remember, once the race starts no one leaves their seats. My 2 young adults decided to buy something in back of grand stands, left their seats about lap 2 and the crowd made it known they weren't happy. When they came back from shopping they told me no one was shopping. That was not my experience when I went to Montreal in 2015. Like Montreal, be prepared to walk forever. its was worth it. Next year I'm going to Monaco.

No problem getting up and moving around in Austin during the race. Not that I did. Better to have a couple of beers after the race, so you don't miss half of it in the toilet lineup.

Italians seem to pretty sensitive once the race starts. No vendors selling anything, but I did see some fans use a rope on the top of the stands to get some beer. It was a treat walking on the circuit after the race too. We walked under the old banked curve too.

Spanish GP: I thought it was a boring race. Looking forward to Monaco.

I think Roman knew he shouldn't have kept his foot in it...I felt bad for hulk.

Worse than his driving, Roman is known in F1 circles as #1 Whiner, #2 being Perez.

Since Monaco is this weekend and if you have never watched this 1971 Polanski documentary, you should watch it now. One of the best F1 films made, when drivers were drivers and cars were cars.
https://vimeo.com/202998736

Although I’m not a fan of the circuit at Monaco, I do appreciate the course support. 180 degrees opposite of the clowns at Baku. True professionals, all wearing fire suits and helmets. We able to clean the track after Leclerc’s mistake in a lap.

Ricardo was brilliant! Well done!

did he lose only 6th gear?.....I still like Will's grid walk over martin,,,

Back