• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Passing of Matt Lindsey

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I am writing this. One of the most beloved and largest contributors to the NSX Community for over a decade, Matt Lindsey, has passed away. Many of you knew him as @d1 guy or you had dealings with him and Charles when they rebuilt your steering rack. Yes Matt was part of the 2 man team that is NSX Rack Repair.

http://www.nsxprime.com/nsx-prime-vendor-list/nsx-eps-repair/

http://nsxrackrepair.com/

Charles posted this on Facebook a few minutes ago:

"Today I lost my brother, Matt Lindsey to a heart attack. I am at a loss for words. He introduced me to the NSX community and over the years you guys have become family. Matt loved you all. His passion for the NSX and the community was unmatched. We met many of you at NSXPO and WestFest. These trips will remain some of my most cherished memories with Matt. Please pray for his wife and 7 year old daughter."

Please keep Matt and his family in your thoughts tonight.

RIP Matt, you will be truly missed by the whole NSX family.

Talked to him at length last summer just before Ramon sent my rack to him for a rebuild. Wonderful guy, very helpful.
RIP Matt!

too young. met with both in DC...Our little community is hurting once again...prays to his family and loved ones. Shocking..

WHAT? OMG no!

RIP Matt.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's family and friends. :(

This is some of the worst news I've heard in the NSX community as of late.
Matt was such a nice guy and was one of the most helpful and hospitable people you could imagine.

I went to MS on my way to FL last year and stopped by the shop to drop off my rack to be repaired. I figured like many vendors he would be all business and have me in and out, but not Matt. He showed me various cars that were hanging around as well as a huge rare parts collection that I got to geek out on. He was an ultimately good dude and I am gutted hearing this news today.

Words don't say enough, but suffice it to say that his friends and family deserved more time with him.

I'll be praying for his family and loved ones as well as understanding as to why someone with such a good soul is ripped away from those he impacted with his radiant attitude and kindness.

We should all strive to #lovelikematt

Last edited:
So sad. I hadn’t been in touch with him since 2017 and on Saturday “chatted” with him on messenger since I was looking to get my steering rack rebuilt. He gave me his cell and we were going to speak this week. Condolences to his family and friends.

Rough year for the NSX Prime family, my thoughts and prayers. Just terrible.

Man, such sad news. First Frank, then Thomas and now Matt. It's been a rough time lately for the NSX community. :frown:

Can we have a In memorial sub forum where we post the avatars of all our lost primates? as kind of a virtual cemetery..so we never forget..

He rebuilt a few racks for my shop before I retired. A pleasant gentleman and easy as pie to deal with. So very sad for his wife and child.

Can we have a In memorial sub forum where we post the avatars of all our lost primates? as kind of a virtual cemetery..so we never forget..

Definitely a good idea. I'll start working on it.

He rebuilt a few racks for my shop before I retired. A pleasant gentleman and easy as pie to deal with. So very sad for his wife and child.

Agree- he was a really great guy. The first person really to get excited about my "Spirit Zero" project. Others were saying "you're crazy" but Matt said "That's so cool! How can I help?". I'm gonna miss him.

thanks........I just told my wife I had a "good" idea....:)

Nice Idea! I'd support that addition. News like Matt's passing reminds me of the outpouring for Len (Len3.8) so many years ago. :frown:

yep they all deserve some immortality...

You will be deeply missed Matt. Condolences to his family and Charles. I actually thought Charles and Matt were brothers. I will never forget the epic memories we made at WestFest 2017, 2018 and 2019. If I could pick one word to describe you it would be "selfless." Always so genuine and sincere. Until we meet again one day.

Now that is a great idea.

A sad day for all here. I met Matt along with Charles at NSX WestFest in 2017 and again in 2018 and 2019 and were major contributors to our event each year. He was such a nice person and a great asset to the NSX community. You will be missed my friend!!

Back