• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pelletier Project

The story starts a year and a half ago when i purchsed my 2000 silverstone NSX-T with 24k miles and 100% pure stock. Here is a picture story of the past year.

1) Suspension - After much research I chose to buy and install the H&R Cup Suspension coilover kit giving the car 1.7" drop in the front and 1.6" drop in the rear.

Before
1194911-med.JPG

After
1194921-med.JPG

2) Wheel & Tires - Volk Gunmetal SF-Challenges 18x8 front and 19x9.5 rear with Bridgstone Potenza RE750 275 in rear and 215 in front (No rubbing)
119493-med.JPG

3) Downforce Intake scoop and unifilter - Dyno 5.9 rwhp (per SOS)

4) Exhaust - Custom stainless steel Magnaflow with Corsa tips. Weight reduction of 8 pounds and 6.4rwhp increase on a dynodynamic dyno. ($475)
1194941-med.JPG

1194951-med.JPG

5) SOS Headers - I made the mistake of dynoing the car after headers AND new rims, which net a 10rwhp loss. I can only figure that the headers gave me ~0-5rwhp and i lost ~10-15 rwhp b/c of the larger heavier rims. I wish i had dynoed with the old rims for comparison. I feel the headers made minimal difference on my car. Slightly louder at WOT and only 3.5 pounds of weight savings. My OEM headers are now for sale.
11949header-med.JPG

6) Interior - Momo Millenium 350mm steering wheel with SOS Rapid hub adapter and sparco buttons to retain cruise control function. ~10 pound weight reduction. Also Chrome cluster rings for accent.
119498-med.JPG

119499-med.JPG

7) HID headlights from whiteNSX and LED parking lights, interior lights, and license plate lights
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
11949l1-med.JPG

11949l2-med.JPG

11949t-med.JPG

8) Final product
1194961-med.JPG

119497-med.JPG

Upcoming
- Custom Touchscreen NAV/DVD/MP3 system & ZR3 laser jammer & V1 stealth install (Oct 2006)
- Custom body kit (summer 2007)
- Custom twin turbo (still debating)
- BBK

Last edited:
nice pics, car is looking great so far... thanks for the info on your upgrades. cant wait to see what your car will look like when you're done.

Very very nice and tasteful mod. Good choice of colour too.

Pretty sweet so far pelletz. I am really surprised, you really think the wheels made that much of a power loss? was there some other condition like ambient temp or altitude, something like that affecting the dyno run? You are making me change my mind about headers on my '05. I thought there would be more than that... I have better things to spend $1300 on if thats really the gain/weight loss.

TURBO2GO said:
Pretty sweet so far pelletz. I am really surprised, you really think the wheels made that much of a power loss? was there some other condition like ambient temp or altitude, something like that affecting the dyno run? You are making me change my mind about headers on my '05. I thought there would be more than that... I have better things to spend $1300 on if thats really the gain/weight loss.

I was suprised too. The ambient temp was probably 15-20 degrees warmer, which will affect the dyno. Same dyno machine. The diameter of the wheel/tire combo should be very close top before, but im not sure after going 17" to 19" (lower profile tires should make up for that difference). The rims did weigh more, which would seem to translate to the biggest change. I am kicking myself for not waiting to dyno before the new rims to give a fair reading. I sold my old rims, so unless i borrowed someones OEM rear rims it is still a question mark. I truthfully do not think the headers will give you more than 5rwhp, although SOS claims differently (agian it is my opinion since my dyno results are flawed). Other prime members told me similar stories using headers on 97+ models. If you are going SC might help more.

Can not wait to see the finish product as you stated there were upcoming mods. NSX-R hood would look great too. BBK which brand?

Tan

Tantheman said:
Can not wait to see the finish product as you stated there were upcoming mods. NSX-R hood would look great too. BBK which brand?

Tan

Brembo or stoptech, i haven't decided yet.

NSX-Wes said:
I really liked the factory rims. Have you sold them?
pelletz said:
I was suprised too. The ambient temp was probably 15-20 degrees warmer, which will affect the dyno. Same dyno machine. The diameter of the wheel/tire combo should be very close top before, but im not sure after going 17" to 19" (lower profile tires should make up for that difference). The rims did weigh more, which would seem to translate to the biggest change. I am kicking myself for not waiting to dyno before the new rims to give a fair reading. I sold my old rims, so unless i borrowed someones OEM rear rims it is still a question mark. I truthfully do not think the headers will give you more than 5rwhp, although SOS claims differently (agian it is my opinion since my dyno results are flawed). Other prime members told me similar stories using headers on 97+ models. If you are going SC might help more.

119499-med.JPG

That's one classy aftermarket steering wheel. The cluster rings go very well with it. Can't wait to see the future progress and thanks for sharing!

Where did you get the cluster rings?

ALIENT said:
Now.. all you have to do is swap out that shift knob.. :D

I actually bought a Momo shift knob, but not sure i like it or not. I have been debating on the SOS Zanardi knob.

Wow....I am surprised to hear the S.O.S. headers really did not do anything. I was thinking of getting them for my '94 NSX but may rethink spending that kind of money for no real gain. :(

DV8 said:
119499-med.JPG

That's one classy aftermarket steering wheel. The cluster rings go very well with it. Can't wait to see the future progress and thanks for sharing!

Yes. I want that steering wheel. Where do I get it!!!

Back