• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Subjective Complaints Of Track-Centric Reviewers Do Not Dissuade Me

Wow! Steering feel is irrelevant as is the weight?! Just straight line performance matters to you!:rolleyes: . . . There are numerous cars and pick up trucks which can do the same :wink:

Thank you for the profoundly inaccurate mischaracterization of my post, followed by the intentionally disparaging observation that I would be satisfied with a pick-up truck.

You have taken my “relevance” comment out of context and stripped it of its essential explanation. The “numb steering” description proffered by a driver who focuses on track characteristics, and who is unable to break the NSX loose on a track and, therefore, finds the “feel” numb and unrewarding, is irrelevant to me for several reasons, including: (1) I do not drive on a track and do not require certain handling characteristics that are largely unique to track driving (e.g., drifting); (2) I am looking for a daily street driver; (3) I lack the driving skill to push the NSX to its handling limits; (4) the NSX far exceeds my handling requirements and skill level; and (5) I prefer the advanced handling technology and attendant “assistance,” even if it comes at the loss of steering “feel.” I want a car that handles beyond my skill level during street driving, including canyon driving. I want a car that can go as fast as I can safely drive the car, including during canyon driving. In other words, I never want to reach the limits of the car. So, handling is definitely a consideration, and a pick-up truck will not satisfy my handling preferences. On the other hand, I have no doubt that the NSX – with its numb steering and 3,800 pound bulk – will more than adequately satisfy my handling requirements. Hence the reason why I do not care if the steering is not sufficiently exciting for a track driver seeking to accomplish different goals in a different driving environment. The handling will be perfect for me. Moreover, and importantly, if I ever push the car too far, I will be grateful for the intervention and correction that comes with the advanced handling technology that some track drivers perceive as "numb". I have no problem trading some "loss of steering feel" in order to minimize loss of traction and accomplish potentially life saving corrections.

I have read and considering the criticism. I understand the shortcomings of the 2.0. It is not a perfect car (nor was the 1.0). I still intend to buy a 2.0.

Thank you for the profoundly inaccurate mischaracterization of my post, followed by the intentionally disparaging observation that I would be satisfied with a pick-up truck.

I am sorry that you misunderstood my post as intentionally disparaging towards you.
We are all car enthusiasts and come here to voice our personal opinions and likes and dislikes about what are merely mechanical objects. I can no more convince or hope to convince you of my opinions anymore than you can convince me of yours. That is the way these arguments go.

There are no perfect cars. Perhaps that is the only fact we can be sure of. But we like/love these cars despite and perhaps sometimes even because of their imperfections.

If everyone on this forum agreed with everyone else it would be a dull place indeed.

Hope to learn more about the NSX2 in the near future and see you post the pics of yours as well:)

I do not drive on tracks much but the track performance gives me the best idea of the true capability of a car. These cars are all fast as hell from 0-60. One does not need a 3 second car to be the king of the street. A 4 second car can scare the crap out of you from a stoplight racer's perspective. If the new NSX has blistering acceleration, then it needs superior road manners and controls to back up its status as a supercar. Anything less would make it a super fast RL or a low Hellcat.
Steve

Perhaps this explains it.....

"We were given an absurdly short time with the car, and track mode was locked out. So we stuck to sport plus. Luckily I found a glitch in the transmission’s late-beta software and felt I owed it to the engineer to demonstrate. Thus TopGear doubled its allocated seat time. For the record the engineer was very grateful too."

Looks like the software has not been sorted out fully yet. It is a bit embarrassing to have a journalist point out a flaw in the software to an engineer:frown:.

The way I read it was that they were already trumped on the time behind the wheel and later found the glitch which would allow them extra time with the car in which the glitch is now rectified. However, the glitch could be the cause but everyone else were pretty much allowed to try the track mode.

It sounds like Honda only wants the car to be tested on the track of their choosing at the moment.

Perhaps Top Gear wanted to take it on their own track to get lap times but Honda is not quite ready for that type of testing as it is rather early still from what Honda is saying.

It sounds like Honda only wants the car to be tested on the track of their choosing at the moment.

Perhaps Top Gear wanted to take it on their own track to get lap times but Honda is not quite ready for that type of testing as it is rather early still from what Honda is saying.

You are probably correct.

It seems odd that HONDA is letting journalists drive the car even before they seem to have sorted out the car enough to be allowed to be driven in Track Mode, that would best illustrate the capabilities of the car.

After all this waiting, suddenly they seem to be in a rush to get people to taste the dish before it is even fully cooked :)

Perhaps they want to hear objective feedback so they can address it before rolling the car out? Makes sense to me. Sounds like with a few (mostly) software tweaks, they are about there 🙂

I think they could easily slap a dali chip in there for another 50 hp:tongue:

I think they could easily slap a dali chip in there for another 50 hp:tongue:

Maybe. They'll pay for it, send 30 emails about not receiving it, receive one reply saying it's been sent, ask for a refund, and then not hear anything about it ever again.

Perhaps this explains it.....

Looks like the software has not been sorted out fully yet. It is a bit embarrassing to have a journalist point out a flaw in the software to an engineer:frown:.

highly embarrassing...

Well written and realistic.
Like all cars the NSX 2 has its strengths and weaknesses.

The last paragraph and the last line of the article are very telling.

"You sound a bit underwhelmed…

On this fleeting encounter, perhaps the NSX didn’t reveal its depths. But my real fear is the new rivals that do a similar job by other means. I’ve fallen for the gen-2 R8’s V10 and the security of its drive. Same for the 570S’s playful yet benign handling. The NSX promised to be tomorrow’s supercar. But that was yesterday..."

very well written and subjective. that last paragraph is very telling.

by the sounds of some of these reviews, the new NSX may be destined to the same fate as the original NSX...

Maybe. They'll pay for it, send 30 emails about not receiving it, receive one reply saying it's been sent, ask for a refund, and then not hear anything about it ever again.

lol imagine if Ted starts a thread ....Honda ripped off by Dali don't buy from them.....lol

Many of the reviewers who got to try Track Mode said it transformed the car into the type of neutral handling machine that you would expect from a super car in this price range. How does that translate into being "bad on the track" and "only good for 0-60 acceleration"? Everyone is assuming the worst from this car.

Also these descriptions of the car feeling benign in Sport and Sport+ modes yet totally transforming when put into Track Mode reminds me of the early 12C reviews.

Back