• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"The time has come, a fact's a fact"

"It belongs to them, let's give it back"

All I can say about the last ten months of owning my NSX is that it was the worst experience I have ever gone through. That is coming from someone who has owned 70+ cars in 35 years. Everything from the corporate lies, to the incompetent dealers, is something that anyone who owns or is considering owing this car should seriously consider. When you buy a car, you are investing in that company to stand behind it's product. They should also act in good faith to make sure the customer is always happy.

So long Acura. It was a fun 20 years while it lasted.

"It belongs to them, let's give it back"

All I can say about the last ten months of owning my NSX is that it was the worst experience I have ever gone through. That is coming from someone who has owned 70+ cars in 35 years. Everything from the corporate lies, to the incompetent dealers, is something that anyone who owns or is considering owing this car should seriously consider. When you buy a car, you are investing in that company to stand behind it's product. They should also act in good faith to make sure the customer is always happy.

So long Acura. It was a fun 20 years while it lasted.

The enthusiasm you shared when you first picked up your NC1 was infectious, it made me seriously consider getting one. Okay, okay the substantial incentive was also a factor, but I thank you for getting me hooked.

Enjoy the C8!!

David,
Sorry to see your post, and that we're losing you after so many years, perhaps it should go to Acura corporate, though in most cases, as you know, manufacturers are totally removed from their customer base and insensitive, due to the people and egos involved. You should be in my industry. There's an expandable bridge that needs to be built, as success seems to grow the chasm between builder and customer, between the startup years and current time.

I've been a raving fan since my first one in 1986, even through some of the early changes and problems, (my dealer went to school on my first and second Legends as we put 200,000 on them in just 4 and 6 years, and have had Legends,TL,RL and my Gen1 NSX all to major mileage. Also have faxed Acura's CEO in the early 90's due to problems with my 91. The response was very much GM, when I did the same on my 80's Olds. The upper level manager called and asked the question, "where did you get the CEO's fax number?" My reply was "wrong question, end of discussion".

Did eventually get the problem solved, but it was my dealer's stepping out of the box and running interference. The gift in the process was that I was given a relationship with them. It's amazing how incompetent and insensitive people at the top can be, and it isn't just with vehicles. Just read that AI is currently being used by many manufacturers to see how far they can push a customer before they leave,or quit buying, angry.

Probably the major reason we've stayed so long is the dealership here in St. Louis, Mungenast. Best of the Best in terms of both sales and service. Top NSX techs that have worked on them since they were introduced, and have experience through the racing years as SOS added product. Over 30 years with the same guys.

Pray that things get better for you. When a delight turns into a heartache, it's time for a parting.
Blessings,
Don

good luck with C8....
Ill grab one up in Winter 2021-2022 when the first used one"s start popping up... They will be awesome!!!

I'll check your's out at cars and coffee Palm Beach outlets!!!

Back